The only voice we have as fans is our wallets. | The Boneyard

The only voice we have as fans is our wallets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We can rant and rave all we want as anonymous members of a UConn Football board, but the only thing that makes a bit of difference to the UConn Athletic Department is our money.

I think we need to start a petition here that is sent to Warde Manuel that states under clear and certain terms that we are not renewing our season tickets if Coach Pasqualoni is brought back another season and will not renew our season tickets until he is fired.

I love this school and program, but I can no longer support Coach Pasqualoni.

Before anyone calls me out for being 'fair-weather' how many of you drove an hour to Gampel this week for an exhibition game? How many of you are going to every game at XL and Gampel this year to support the team in a year they are banned? It's not about the wins and losses; it's about futility that is only bound to get worse.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I like going to the games, so I would never stop going to them. It's bad enough I have to watch this team, do I need to deprive myself of the 6-7 best days of the year too?

Reaction Score
The players and program need our continued support to grow. Common sense says the program is above PP and GDL.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What we need to do is point out how quickly we shot well past our donation goal for JC & Pat's cardiology center. Then we let them know we (and others like us) are the lifeblood of the athletic department.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I like going to the games, so I would never stop going to them. It's bad enough I have to watch this team, do I need to deprive myself of the 6-7 best days of the year too?

I love going to the games too.

I just think if Pasqualoni isn't fired that he could do irreversible damage to the program. Just with everything against UConn right now in terms of the BCS dissolving, most likely an underwhelming tv upcoming and Louisville/Rutgers being ahead of us in any future realignment pecking order, how much further can we fall?

UConn clearly doesn't give two sh1ts whether my 8 seats are ordered every fall, but what if 5,000 seats aren't ordered?

I honestly, don't know. I'm grasping for any straw here.

Reaction Score

I love going to the games, as does my son. I'm not going to stop taking him because I'm pissed off at the coach. In the long run (and I mean this in all seriousness) we will have a new coach either next year or the year after. 5 years from now it will only matter who the next guy is. I'm really unhappy about where we are right now, but tomorrow is Sunday, and I will watch my Packers and life will go on. No matter what happens this year (and no matter who the coach is next year), there is 0% chance I will not re-up for next year. But everyone will make their own decisions.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I just think if Pasqualoni isn't fired that he could do irreversible damage to the program. Just with everything against UConn right now in terms of the BCS dissolving, most likely an underwhelming tv upcoming and Louisville/Rutgers being ahead of us in any future realignment pecking order, how much further can we fall?

UConn clearly doesn't give two sh1ts whether my 8 seats are ordered every fall, but what if 5,000 seats aren't ordered?

I don't disagree that he's killing the program. But if they are too stupid to make the change it's beyond hope anyway - so upgrade to higher proof booze and self medicate.

Don't worry every single casual fan I know stopped paying attention weeks ago. If it's cold Friday it will be the Boneyard posters and tumbleweeds.

Reaction Score

Nothing that is done can't be undone with the right hire. If it is next year or the year after it is ALL about getting the right guy. I refuse to believe that if HCPP isn't fired by noon tomorrow that we are back in trailers.

Reaction Score
If the Rent is half empty the last two games it will get noticed by the decision makers. No doubt about it.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I will never stop going to games. But I haven't been getting all juiced up in my seats this year either. This is the first year that I can remember coming home with a voice after games. It's tough to get excited when you KNOW that your team will find a way to lose.

Reaction Score
I love going to the games, as does my son. I'm not going to stop taking him because I'm pissed off at the coach. In the long run (and I mean this in all seriousness) we will have a new coach either next year or the year after. 5 years from now it will only matter who the next guy is. I'm really unhappy about where we are right now, but tomorrow is Sunday, and I will watch my Packers and life will go on. No matter what happens this year (and no matter who the coach is next year), there is 0% chance I will not re-up for next year. But everyone will make their own decisions.

My sentiments exactly. I have raised two college football loving/tailgate loving sons with UConn Football. We have had a blast following UConn in CT and on road trips. I will not forget the time together and I'm NOT giving up now...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't disagree that he's killing the program. But if they are too stupid to make the change it's beyond hope anyway - so upgrade to higher proof booze and self medicate.

Don't worry every single casual fan I know stopped paying attention weeks ago. If it's cold Friday it will be the Boneyard posters and tumbleweeds.

Not to mention that UConn Basketball has that Germany game with Michigan State before the football game. I already know a handful of people that are staying in to watch that instead of going to the football game.

Reaction Score
Didn't Kragthorpe destroy Louisville football? Man, they never recovered.

Reaction Score
Most here are die hards. But we are a small percentage of the overall base. The fair weather followers will dry up fast and the rent will be sparse. It is the fair weather fans that will vote with their wallets, and they are the ones that actually can keep Storrs under pressure. If you want talk about problems, if the BB program has a tough year under Ollie, all hell will break loose. Manuel had no idea how close he is to the edge. If he doesnt get aggressive with Football and BB heads south, his thus far unimpressive fat will be on the chopping block.

Reaction Score
Then how about this? Let's change the focus and start going after WM. Gotta create a him versus PP initiative. If WM isn't going to act in UConn's best interest then he needs to go.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Believe me I support this program 200% but the current state is F'in killing me I will never stop goin ,I miss stated myself and my commitment to this program in resent threads for which I apologize ,just left to wonder what the rest of the year holds.man they just look lifeless

Reaction Score
Then how about this? Let's change the focus and start going after WM. Gotta create a him versus PP initiative. If WM isn't going to act in UConn's best interest then he needs to go.

Right now P is Hathaway's mistake. If Warde keeps him after this season he becomes WM's mistake. Warde is currently damaging basketball recruiting with the one year contract / ego fight with Calhoun, he needs to get the football thing right.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I got the Pitt game off from work in May. I have had no intention of going to that game since after the Western Michigan debacle.

Nobody will be at that game. No. Body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer