The Olympics: It's Not A Job | The Boneyard

The Olympics: It's Not A Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That's the magic of it. Oh, sure, there is money in being in it and carrying off a metal. But for the athletes, for the best of them, they may come in with one mind set, but they leave with quite another. That is what struck me when I saw this quote from The Big Girl, Brittney Griner:

“I keep talking to ‘E’ (Delle Donne) about how we’ve got to do what ‘D’ (Taurasi) and Sue did – that could be us, with Stewie (21-year-old forward Brianna Stewart) as well,” the 25-year-old Griner said. “That could be us. … We’re still young. We’re still learning. We just got our diapers off.”

Can you feel the heat and enthusiasm in that? It's genuine and it is, for the true sports fan, so much fun.

USA women win sixth consecutive Olympic basketball gold medal

Reaction Score
Sounds just like the NBAers on the men's U.S. Olympic team..... NOT!..... Seriously, how fantastically great are these women? Just hope that whoever succeeds Geno can keep those fires burning.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Didn't Griner say something to the effect " I love playing for Geno, he brings the best out of me." This is from a Baylor alumnus.

Specifically, and with great emphasis she announced:

"I knew I was jus going to grab him and pick him up off the floor,'' Griner said. "I couldn't wait to do it. It was amazing. He's the best coach ever. He's awesome, and he brings out the best in me. And just to win this gold, it just means everything right now. I really don't know what to say.''

Olympic gold puts Griner in exclusive company

He's just a big old Teddy Bear!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Sounds just like the NBAers on the men's U.S. Olympic team..... NOT!..... Seriously, how fantastically great are these women? Just hope that whoever succeeds Geno can keep those fires burning.

Yep, those men, what arse holes. Carmelo Anthony emotional Post Game interview:

“I know this is the end. This is it for me. I committed to something … I committed to this in ’04. I’ve seen the worst, and I’ve seen the best. And I stuck with it. We stuck with it. And I’m here today, three gold medals later. I’m excited for me but also for the other guys who never experienced anything like this. Coach K, myself, Jerry Colangelo and everybody else who have been a part of this situation — who have been a part of USAB since I’ve been here.”

“I just want to say thank you for allowing me to be one of the leaders — not just of our team but of our country. Despite of everything that’s going on right now in our country, we gotta be united. I’m glad I did what I did, I stepped up to the challenge. This is what it’s about. Representing our country on the biggest stage that you can be on. America will be great again. I believe that. We got a lot of work to do. It’s one step at a time. I’m glad we represented in the fashion that we did.”

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Alumna, alumna, alumna. I know I will rot in hell for being so petty, but my fingers have taken control of my brain. :)
Well I've got fingers too. As for the brain part, well, come over here honey your father needs a hug.

Reaction Score
Alumna, alumna, alumna. I know I will rot in hell for being so petty, but my fingers have taken control of my brain. :)
From wsu.edu...

We used to have “alumnus” (male singular), “alumni” (male plural), “alumna” (female singular) and “alumnae” (female plural); but the latter two are now popular only among older female graduates, with the first two terms becoming unisex.

Reaction Score
From wsu.edu...

We used to have “alumnus” (male singular), “alumni” (male plural), “alumna” (female singular) and “alumnae” (female plural); but the latter two are now popular only among older female graduates, with the first two terms becoming unisex.
I did say that my fingers took control of my brain. :) But why shouldn't it be the other way round, with alumna and alumnae being the unisex ones, and alumnus and alumni fading? Aren't women graduating from schools and colleges at at least the same rate as men?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom