The OLine and the three Ws | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The OLine and the three Ws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Instead of arguing over semantics, here is what I think happened.

DeLeone is installing his offense.
DeLeone feels more comfortable teaching the blocking schemes that is required for his offense.
DeLeone asks P to add OL to his duties in addition to OC.
DeLeone, being P's guy, is granted his wish.
Foley is moved to coach the TE's and will continue to work with the OT's.

Is that a demotion? Not sure. Doesn't matter.

But you cannot take Foley's quotes there and blindly assume that they are, at face value, true. What is he supposed to say there? I have no idea if Foley is happy with the move or not. None of us do. I just hope he's here next year, because I have my doubts.

Your points are well taken. However, my source says Foley IS happy with his job, but yes he can always leave if he wants to. Is that good enough for you or should I still presume his quotes can't be taken at face value? If not, then I guess whatever I read in the Courant or elsewhere (with the exception of the Bible) for that matter is suspect. If so, I guess Edsall going to Maryland really wasn't his "dream job." OOOPS, there I go again mentioning Edsall. :oops: :)

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think we all want him to be successful and stay a long time.

Reaction Score
I meant to reference one other Courant article that might change people's perception that Foley's move to TE coach was a demotion. It doesn't sound like he sees it that way. Straight from the new coach: “I’m excited about it,” he said. “It’s a new challenge doing it and getting back involved with the pass game. Sometimes with the offensive line you get locked in a little bit. I’m looking forward to it. It’s a good group of guys that works hard. I’m up for the challenge and if Coach P feels this is the best thing for the football team that’s fine with me because all I want to do is win and be the best we can be. If this is making our football team better? That’s what it’s all about. You know, we ask our players to be team players and it’s no different as coaches.”
http://courantblogs.com/uconn-football/uconn-football-news-and-notes-from-spring-practice-no-7/
Good luck Coach Foley! I for one look forward to your continued coaching success.

And what exactly would you have expected him to say if he thought it was a demotion? He is still working for P. Unless and until he elects to take a different job, he simply does what he is told.

Reaction Score
Your points are well taken. However, my source says Foley IS happy with his job, but yes he can always leave if he wants to. Is that good enough for you or should I still presume his quotes can't be taken at face value? If not, then I guess whatever I read in the Courant or elsewhere (with the exception of the Bible) for that matter is suspect. If so, I guess Edsall going to Maryland really wasn't his "dream job." OOOPS, there I go again mentioning Edsall. :oops: :)

Well, if you have a source say so and we can all decide how much credibility we put in your statement. But please recognize that saying it because you have a source is totally different than saying it because you elect to put weight in statements that can only be said one way.

Reaction Score
realistically, before this year i imagine Foley was making a nice 6 figure salary, waiting for an OC position somewhere. now he's basically doing the same except instead of working with C, Gs and Ts, he's working with TEs and Ts. his pay probably hasn't been cut and a lot of people use that to judge promotion/demotion, which is reasonable. technically i'd say there's less responsibility but i don't know that he's much further from his presumable ultimate goal of OC or HC.

Reaction Score
It is simply the quantity over quality ploy. If you can't blind them with your brilliance, baffle 'em with your bull****. If Carl were writing this post, it would go on for five more paragraphs and contain equal parts of convention wisdom and condescension.

I like reading them because it seems like every paragraph begins with " I think" or "I believe", and then goes on to explain exactly what happened in a meeting between P and Foley, if such a meeting ever happened.

In all honesty, I like Carl's passion for UConn and the Big East. I share it myself, and why I read the forum everyday. The smartest guy in the room shtick gets old however.

As for Foley, ill be shocked if he isn't an oline coach somewhere at an east coast BCS school this time next year. UMD or RU seem like natural destinations to me.

Reaction Score
I like reading them because it seems like every paragraph begins with " I think" or "I believe", and then goes on to explain exactly what happened in a meeting between P and Foley, if such a meeting ever happened.

In all honesty, I like Carl's passion for UConn and the Big East. I share it myself, and why I read the forum everyday. The smartest guy in the room shtick gets old however.

As for Foley, ill be shocked if he isn't an oline coach somewhere at an east coast BCS school this time next year. UMD or RU seem like natural destinations to me.

Ugh. I threw up in my mouth at the thought of him coaching at Rutgers. But, as I've said, it is what it is and I fully support P having a chance to do it his way.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

My hunch (aka wild guess) is that if he leaves it will be for a promotion, not a lateral.

Reaction Score
Well, if you have a source say so and we can all decide how much credibility we put in your statement. But please recognize that saying it because you have a source is totally different than saying it because you elect to put weight in statements that can only be said one way.

If you want to believe what I've said fine. If not, that's fine too. My source shall remain anonymous. Enough said.

Reaction Score
UConn's offense going nowhere until they can effectively throw the ball - and throw it downfield. Got to require opposing defenses to be responsible for the entire field. Got to make them fearful of the "big play" that covers in on-rather than 10 or 12 and results in 6 points (not just three).

The day that UConn can match the passing of the Dan O era with the running of the Donald Brown,Andre Dixon and JT, will be the day that the offense can help the Huskies win big games (not talking the Buffalos & UMasses of the college world).

Reaction Score
If you want to believe what I've said fine. If not, that's fine too. My source shall remain anonymous. Enough said.

I think you misinterpreted my comment, so let me try to be more clear. I was not doubting your source, nor was I telling you you needed to disclose it. I believe you heard what you said you heard. I was merely pointing out that you made a statement that Foley was o.k. with it without attributing it to a source, so a reader would assume that it was an opinion without a source and would not likely believe it. That was all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom