The old order changeth, yielding place to new... | The Boneyard

The old order changeth, yielding place to new...

Reaction Score
I'm sure all Yarders are aware of this Tennyson quote. It goes on" And God fulfills himself in many ways, lest one good Husky team should destroy the world ," My question for the Yardis" Is this better or worse than being:"bad for basketball?

Reaction Score
I'm sure all Yarders are aware of this Tennyson quote. It goes on" And God fulfills himself in many ways, lest one good Husky team should destroy the world ," My question for the Yardis" Is this better or worse than being:"bad for basketball?
Tom Cruise What GIF

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
While it's true that change is an inevitable part of life, and that God may work in mysterious ways, it's also important to recognize the value of tradition and the wisdom that can be gained from the experiences of previous National Championship UConn squads. While some customs may indeed become corrupt over time, this doesn't necessarily mean that all old ways of building a team are automatically obsolete or harmful. Rather, it's important to evaluate each tradition on its own merits and consider whether it continues to serve a valuable purpose in the present day. Ultimately, the goal should be to strike a balance between honoring the past and embracing the future, rather than simply discarding one in favor of the other.

Reaction Score
Zymurg returns. I still have your cookbook. Hope all is well.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Zymurg returns. I still have your cookbook. Hope all is well.
I just made his Cinnamon Chicken from Slob Cuisine 1. It was a one and done for us. The first of those from the two Slob Cuisines.

As for the question...it is never good to bad for basketball.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Belongs in the women’s forum.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
While it's true that change is an inevitable part of life, and that God may work in mysterious ways, it's also important to recognize the value of tradition and the wisdom that can be gained from the experiences of previous National Championship UConn squads. While some customs may indeed become corrupt over time, this doesn't necessarily mean that all old ways of building a team are automatically obsolete or harmful. Rather, it's important to evaluate each tradition on its own merits and consider whether it continues to serve a valuable purpose in the present day. Ultimately, the goal should be to strike a balance between honoring the past and embracing the future, rather than simply discarding one in favor of the other.
Awesome Great Job GIF by NBC

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just made his Cinnamon Chicken from Slob Cuisine 1. It was a one and done for us. The first of those from the two Slob Cuisines.

As for the question...it is never good to bad for basketball.
Being good is never bad for basketball.

Reaction Score
would you say team building is fluid?

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
The wind blows in many directions. But, only God can make a tree.

Reaction Score
Women will right the ship and the basketball capital of the world will prove its might once more.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
It is not the strongest of the blue bloods that survives, nor the most popular that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change. - Darwin

Reaction Score
pulp fiction check out the big brain on brett GIF

Reaction Score
I actually made an error in the quote' It should be" Lest one good custom should corrupt the world." I realize that the off season is the time for absurdities, but perhaps we should temper our absurdities with some humor. Remember, we post on sacred ground. Finally, in the spirit of fellowship, let me opine that the little dogs have to move over when the big dog wants to sit down.
May the sun never set on the Yard.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I actually made an error in the quote' It should be" Lest one good custom should corrupt the world." I realize that the off season is the time for absurdities, but perhaps we should temper our absurdities with some humor. Remember, we post on sacred ground. Finally, in the spirit of fellowship, let me opine that the little dogs have to move over when the big dog wants to sit down.
May the sun never set on the Yard.
Blue blood debate ends.

Big dog debate begins.

Reaction Score
Belongs in the women’s forum.
Well, it has been quite some time since the women's team was considered "bad for basketball" and I'd off that the overwhelming narrative that the media created around that era of domination was not bad for basketball, but certainly seemed to be bad for UConn women's basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom