The Ohio State adds 4th grad transfer | The Boneyard

The Ohio State adds 4th grad transfer

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what their roster looks like now?

They recently added grad transfers from LaSalle and Clevland State.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Speaking of Ohio State, has McGuff filled the coaching slot vacated by Mitchell or is he waiting for a last minute big time recruit to pull a 2-fer deal?

Reaction Score
Here is the Cleveland State transfer.....18 ppg

Dd0C61JVQAEyZky.jpg

Reaction Score
Speaking of Ohio State, has McGuff filled the coaching slot vacated by Mitchell or is he waiting for a last minute big time recruit to pull a 2-fer deal?

I thought he was let go

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Apparently, The Ohio State will have 3 scholarship players returning (Calhoun, Waterman, Caretti). Three 2018 recruits. And 4 grad transfers. It could be a long season.

Ohio State women's basketball | Buckeyes land fourth graduate transfer

Calhoun has been given the ok to grad transfer but has yet to pick a school. So, Waterman is the only returner with meaningful playing experience. Caretti may be good, she's wicked athletic, but has been too nervous and unsure of herself. It was going to be a long season for OSU regardless of these grad transfers, so this will at least give the players someone to practice against. Haha

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I don't see tOSU as a top 25 team, maybe not even in the top half of a watered down B10. To echo our Tenn friend, it would not surprise me to see him let go at the end of the season, but that depends on his contract and if it expires, or if they would have to pay him out...

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I don't see tOSU as a top 25 team, maybe not even in the top half of a watered down B10. To echo our Tenn friend, it would not surprise me to see him let go at the end of the season, but that depends on his contract and if it expires, or if they would have to pay him out...

We can only hope that's the case. I think a top 7 finish would be miraculous at this point. However, his departure at the end of the season will leave OSU's next coach out of luck for any of the Ohio talent of this upcoming senior class...Poor timing.

Reaction Score
Who's the 4th addition? There's players from BGSU, LaSalle, & Cleve St. The other?

Pretty sure I saw someone had been named the new assistant coach replacing Mitchell.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
We can only hope that's the case. I think a top 7 finish would be miraculous at this point. However, his departure at the end of the season will leave OSU's next coach out of luck for any of the Ohio talent of this upcoming senior class...Poor timing.

I'm guessing they finish between 8th and 10th. A lot will depend on how good the grad transfers mesh together and if they can play in a more competitive conference. Big Ten is never a super strong conference, but the following teams on paper project to be better than Ohio State:
Maryland
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Michigan
Purdue
Michigan State

Likely stronger than Ohio State:
Indiana

On par with tOSU:
Rutgers
Penn State

Worse than Ohio State:
Illinois
Wisconsin
Northwestern

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Who's the 4th addition? There's players from BGSU, LaSalle, & Cleve St. The other?

Pretty sure I saw someone had been named the new assistant coach replacing Mitchell.

Najah Queenland transferred from Pacific. Didn't play at all this year.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing they finish between 8th and 10th.

I'll bet on 10th or worse.

They have 5 returnees (2sr/2jr/1so) + 3 frosh + 4 grad transfers. Unless Calhoun stays.

And with 6 seniors in 18-19, they will have just 6 returning players for 2019-20, so perhaps even more grad transfers to come. McGuff does have 2 verbals so far for the next frosh class.

Reaction Score

They have 5 returnees (2sr/2jr/1so) + 3 frosh + 4 grad transfers. Unless Calhoun stays.

And with 6 seniors in 18-19, they will have just 6 returning players for 2019-20, so perhaps even more grad transfers to come. McGuff does have 2 verbals so far for the next frosh class.

You are counting walk-ons, are there any that you expect to contribute?

They will be lucky to have a winning season.

Reaction Score
You are counting walk-ons, are there any that you expect to contribute?

They will be lucky to have a winning season.

Who are the walk ons?

I agree that a winning season would be a surprise.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

So 2 scholarship returnees (1sr/1jr) + 3 frosh + 4 grad transfers + 2 walkons (1jr/1so). Unless Calhoun stays.

That puts 2019-20 at 1sr/3so/2fr + 2 walkons !! I would bet on more transfers to arrive.

A few months back I believe I predicted that McGuff's time may be running short. He didn't do much when he had the quality players. Now that he's got nothing, he better pull out a rabbit, otw what's the point in keeping him?

bballnut90

Reaction Score
So 2 scholarship returnees (1sr/1jr) + 3 frosh + 4 grad transfers + 2 walkons (1jr/1so). Unless Calhoun stays.

That puts 2019-20 at 1sr/3so/2fr + 2 walkons !! I would bet on more transfers to arrive.

A few months back I believe I predicted that McGuff's time may be running short. He didn't do much when he had the quality players. Now that he's got nothing, he better pull out a rabbit, otw what's the point in keeping him?

Hard to fire a coach after winning a Big Ten Championship outright. He’s gravely underperformed after having 4 years of Mitchell, but underperforming is still better than almost anyone else in the Big Ten, so I think they should give him one more shot and see what he can do with a weak team. If they are respectable this year, maybe he’ll get another year or two to build on that. If they don’t finish in the top half of the Big Ten though, I’d can him.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I know this is the Grad Transfers thread, but Ohio State has apparently received a commitment from Aixe Wone of Spain. 6'2" Forward. Will join the incoming freshmen class.

Twitter

Reaction Score
Now up to 10 scholarship players - EIGHT of them new. I think even Ole Miss has a better returnee-to-total percentage.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Now up to 10 scholarship players - EIGHT of them new. I think even Ole Miss has a better returnee-to-total percentage.
BUT! better off than NCCU?????? Right???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom