The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022 | Page 39 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of The New York Yankees - 2022

Reaction Score
i can't wait until you get rid of your best player. It worked so well for the Sox. I'll trade you Bloom for Cashman.

How about we both get rid of these bums and bring in fresh baseball minds.

Reaction Score
Rizzo is back.

Two years, 34 M total. Third year is 17 M club option with a 6 M buyout.

I’m cool with this!

I'm good with this.. He's been solid for our clubhouse... I also like the fact that he seems to understand that $17 million per is more than enough to live off of over a long period of time...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It feels fine...but every time they re-sign a player, I worry that they will just end up with the same team as last year. But....they don't have a ready minor league first baseman (that I know of) and I don't think there is a better FA first baseman...so the deal makes sense.

I like Rizzo....seems like a good team guy...I just want to see what else they do before I get on board with bringing back the same players.

Reaction Score
It feels fine...but every time they re-sign a player, I worry that they will just end up with the same team as last year. But....they don't have a ready minor league first baseman (that I know of) and I don't think there is a better FA first baseman...so the deal makes sense.

I like Rizzo....seems like a good team guy...I just want to see what else they do before I get on board with bringing back the same players.
Developing minor leaguers for us has been tough since the success around the Core 4

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
So...they re-sign IKF for $6mm.....why? It feels like the one position they have some minor league options is SS and 3B. And they have Donaldson and DJ.

Of course...they might move on from Donaldson (should have never traded for him).... but I would think DJ is staying. And they could move Torres and put DJ at second.

But still...even with multiple other moves...is this a good signing? I don't think so.

Reaction Score
So...they re-sign IKF for $6mm.....why? It feels like the one position they have some minor league options is SS and 3B. And they have Donaldson and DJ.

Of course...they might move on from Donaldson (should have never traded for him).... but I would think DJ is staying. And they could move Torres and put DJ at second.

But still...even with multiple other moves...is this a good signing? I don't think so.
It's a good signing because $6M is not a lot - basically middle reliever money - and he still has trade value. Not tendering him a contract and losing him for nothing would be stupid. Just because he was offered a contract doesn't even mean he will be on the team to start the year.

Reaction Score
It's a good signing because $6M is not a lot - basically middle reliever money - and he still has trade value. Not tendering him a contract and losing him for nothing would be stupid. Just because he was offered a contract doesn't even mean he will be on the team to start the year.
Also, from what I've read, the Yankees never really wanted to take Donaldson. He was the poison pill the Twins included as the price for IKF and the catcher and for taking Gary Sanchez off their hands.

Reaction Score

Yeah, I have no issue with the signing. A versatile fielder who has good speed and makes contact. Plus, his presence wouldn’t block anyone else from playing. Likable guy too.

Reaction Score

Cashman is lost, the whole organization is lost.

Reaction Score
Not really. We just gotta get over the hump. If your set up where you're a playoff team every year, that's not lost. Us fans maybe got a little spoiled with all the success that's now more than a decade old. It's hard to accomplish what we've done. Baseball is our favorite pass time. Hard to obtain immediate gratification ( World Series Championships ) consistently

Reaction Score
They had terrible pitching this past year, especially toward the 2nd half of the season. Losing Chad Green, and King in the BP really hurt. A couple starters too, and near the end of the season the only dependable starter they had was Cole, and even he had penchant to give up HR’s on occasion. They have to get a new pitching coach also.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Yeah, I have no issue with the signing. A versatile fielder who has good speed and makes contact. Plus, his presence wouldn’t block anyone else from playing. Likable guy too.
I guess I just don't trust that Cashman has a plan. Last year, we saw multiple moves and I kept hoping at the end it all made sense. The only thing that made sense was moving on from Sanchez. Which was probably a year too late.

We won't know for sure until all the moves are completed...but $6mm may be more than you think it they sign Judge.

It just feels like backup SS and 3B is a position they can solve with young players and that money could have been better spent somewhere else.

Reaction Score
If IKF is moved back to 3B his GG and your somehow able to get rid of Donaldson then it’s a great signing. Here’s the problem you have Donaldson on this roster for 25 mill and your stuck with him. IKF will be at SS Cashman rolls with his experiments and refuses to learn from his mistakes that’s the problem.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
So...what are they doing? Have I missed something?

I guess the belief is that Judge may sign this week. I think I have said this before, but I will say it again...I would love if they signed him as long as Steinbrenner wasn't going to be strict on staying under the cap. If they want to stay under the cap....they cant add another massive contract to go with Stanton and Cole. It would cripple them for years.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Verlander would have looked good in pinstripes.

It would be nice if something happened other than re-signing IKF and Rizzo.

Reaction Score
Yawn, nothings gonna change. The Yankee brass is content with just making the playoffs, they got their ticket sales making the playoffs so their happy. Its all about winning participation trophies, just sell the damn team Hal.

Reaction Score
Cashman through '26 wow I need to be a Sox or Mets fan, this is a horrible decision once again by Hal. George is ready to rise again LOL

Reaction Score
I kid you not based on Cashman and Hal’s latest history if I were Judge I’d leave and find a team that wants to win championships again. Not a team happy to make the playoffs, sell shirts and apparel, make money and have no shot to beat good teams when finally in the playoffs. Get outta town Aaron go have fun, you deserve it.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Read today that they are waiting for judge's decision before signings other players. It will be quite annoying if they don't sign Judge AND they miss out on other players.

But that's ok...they re-signed IKF.

Reaction Score
Trey Turner 11/300 Verlander 2/86?

Stupidity and with these numbers Yanks will be going with what they have again next year. They’re not playing in this sand box, and I’m gonna guess Judge will bring his shovel and buckets elsewhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom