THe Official Make a Spartan Start Shartin' Game Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

THe Official Make a Spartan Start Shartin' Game Thread

Reaction Score
Have a bad feeling this is one of those games where the refs come out of halftime and call cheap fouls on us 3-4 possessions in a row to “even things out” and we lose a critical player to foul trouble and it effectively puts the game away.

Reaction Score
MSU came out in 2nd half like gangbusters against DePaul. We are right with them but someone has to get hot for us to have a shot. Just kills me how much we go ISO, gotta have SOME movement guys. Gotta love the D early this season.

Reaction Score
100% better than last year, but still some real deficits which make it awful hard for us to compete. I like that the team is buying into to the idea that D effort can level the playing field.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Larrier is a good shooter.
When he sets his feet.
He is all over the place right now on his form.
I think he's playing timid right now.

He’s shook. Hopefully seeing one go in towards the end there helps. Need him if they want a chance at this

Reaction Score
To be expected. We need a scoring threat in the post to open things up a bit for our shooters. They also just need to start taking better shots.

We need to start making shots.

Adams was hot in the first half, but Larrier was terrible and Vital looked bad also. Gilbert is up and down.

Recruiting has not prioritized shooters in the way that it should have.

Reaction Score
Maybe that’s our recipe for success this year. Make it ugly and rough, stay close and let our guards take over in the end. Let’s see if it works tonight
We need to have it a bit more clean on our side. They have 1 steak we have 9 TO. We have 3 steals they have 4 TO.

Cut out the unforced errors.

Reaction Score
Plus, Big Dave is getting held by the defense every time he sets a pick.

I haven't noticed the holding but I believe it. I have noticed that the bigs have been having an impossible time even setting the initial screen in the PnR.

We need to get Larrier the ball on the block or catch and shoot. He’s straight bad trying to get his own shot

He is good at creating his shot from the high post but has missed the vast majority of his deep pull up or step back 2's, which are a bad shot even for the best. He also has a flat shot tonight, which was noted by someone earlier. His release is not consistent right now. Lot of on-target line drive front rimmers.

Reaction Score
The first 5 minutes will be crucial Ollie better make some adjustments because you know Izzo will.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If and when this team believes in itself they will make some significant noise. Terry has to shake off his misses and play like he owns the court. In spite of those two travel calls Carleton is going to be special for us.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The pressure defense is fantastic but it’s clear Izzo told them to sprint to the ball and get it up quick off a make. Gotta hope someone else other than Jalen and Rique show up in the 2nd

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I remember coaches saying that when they were going against some of our great teams. Me thinks defense has a little something to do with it.

Yup and now they have said it 2 nights in a row. I like what that may point to down the road this year.

Reaction Score
Is it me or are our unis devoid of National Flag Blue?

Phil knight only wears black apparently so the theme for the unis is black as an homage to him. Not everyone has black but a lot of teams have the numbers and wording in black.

Reaction Score
H
Larrier is a good shooter.
When he sets his feet.
He is all over the place right now on his form.
I think he's playing timid right now.
Havent seen him take a well balanced shot yet. His form has taken a vacation. He's drifting all over the place, he's not squaring, his shot departure varies ...just a mess right know...

Reaction Score
8-for-27 shooting, 9 turnovers, and we're down only 1 point against the No. 4 team in the nation.

I guess I'll take it. Would like to see some real offense and not constant isos, tho.
The flip side is MSU was in foul trouble and UConn didn't really take advantage of it. Early 2nd half is going to be real important. Can't let this start to get away.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
UConn getting to line, but IMO, stat that has to even out is MSU has 10 more shots than UConn, although only 2 more offensive rebounds.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
UConn getting to line, but IMO, stat that has to even out is MSU has 10 more shots than UConn, although only 2 more offensive rebounds.

Turnovers. We were too loose

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom