The Official FloHoops Thread (All others merged here) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official FloHoops Thread (All others merged here)

Reaction Score
I have to giggle. Folks (me included) will pay big bucks (+fees), gas and parking, spend hours in traffic, buy an overpriced beverage but won't pay $15 each per game.
Understand quality and such, but it's interesting what battles we fight/corners we pinch.
Well stated.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I did some googling…

Found this article from Villanova with a discount link that still works.
Even if you already have a Flo account (like I do), I was able to resume my subscription with the conference price of $14.99/month. So half off.

Hope that helps!

Reaction Score
It was $29.99 last year, too. They broadcast Vandy's holiday tournament games, and I checked into it but did not subscribe. To me, that's an outrageous price for what they offer, but it must be worth it to some folks.
As an old duffer who watched (visualized) games on the Radio. On games I don't get--I use the Uconn stats and play by play to "visualize the game. It is not as good, I often do the Replay on Youtube, but I get the game as it's played.

Reaction Score
I did some googling…

Even if you already have a Flo account (like I do), I was able to resume my subscription with the conference price of $14.99/month. So half off.

Hope that helps!
Do you watch ALL of the Uconn Women's games on Flosports (Flohoops)?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Do you watch ALL of the Uconn Women's games on Flosports (Flohoops)?
No. FloSports is its own broadcast platform. The Cayman Islands Classic has a deal with Flo to stream all of the games during the event.

The rest of the time I go through the FoxSports app for SNY broadcasts or whatever channel if they’re on nationally.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I’d dearly like to see these games too. However, I believe we will handle UCLA quite handily. I just don’t think they are a legit #3 team. I’d have to put them somewhere between 5 & 10. They certainly aren’t in the same class as South Carolina. Sure, they have Betts, a potential problem in the frontcourt but Geno has successfully dealt with bigs his entire career.
As for their vaunted backcourt, Rice and Osbourne, I just don’t think (unless they have some sort of “can’t miss” day) they will be able to score enough points to hang with us. Neither are high percentage, efficient scorers and I think we simply have way too much firepower on our team. I think Paige, Azzi, Caroline, & Aubrey will just be too much for them to handle.
Azzi will not be playing

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
As you may know, The 2 UCONN games on Friday and Saturday are televised only by Flo-Hoops.

I still have not heard of any Connecticut Sport Bars carrying the games. Does anyone know of
any?

PvP

Reaction Score
I did some googling…

Hope that helps!

PvP

Reaction Score
I am 80 years old with a fixed income so I would certainly appreciate a half off way to watch the Huskies in the Caymans. I don't understand how the Villanova connection let's me get that discount. Could you please be kind enough to very clearly give us a step by step procedure for achieving this? I, for one would be very grateful!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I am 80 years old with a fixed income so I would certainly appreciate a half off way to watch the Huskies in the Caymans. I don't understand how the Villanova connection let's me get that discount. Could you please be kind enough to very clearly give us a step by step procedure for achieving this? I, for one would be very grateful!
When you sign up, you aren’t signing up for just an event, you’re signing up to have access to the entire platform. Just like you have to sign up for all of Netflix and you and pay to just watch The Crown. When Villanova announced their partnership with Flo in August, they had a discount link that encouraged their fans to sign up and watch.

Step one: Click link
Step two: Click sign up link at the top of the article
Step three: Sign up
Step four: While signing up, make sure to change the billing preference from yearly (one lump sum) to monthly. When you do that, you should see the discounted $14.99/month price.
Step five: Watch basketball
Step six: Make a note to yourself to cancel so you aren’t charged $14.99 again next month.

If you can’t figure it out, do you have a kid or grandkid who can come over and do it for you? It isn’t complicated for people who are a little more digitally savvy. My mom, who is just a touch younger than you, figured it out, so I think you can do it, too.

Reaction Score
So, I live in South Carolina (right outside Charlotte.) Our local watering hole has several TV's and I called yesterday to see if they had FloHopps and they DO! So, I told them what I wanted to watch and they guy says "You're kidding, right?"

LOL. I guess he's not a fan of women's basketball.

Reaction Score
When you sign up, you aren’t signing up for just an event, you’re signing up to have access to the entire platform. Just like you have to sign up for all of Netflix and you and pay to just watch The Crown. When Villanova announced their partnership with Flo in August, they had a discount link that encouraged their fans to sign up and watch.

Step four: While signing up, make sure to change the billing preference from yearly (one lump sum) to monthly. When you do that, you should see the discounted $14.99/month price.
Step six: Make a note to yourself to cancel so you aren’t charged $14.99 again next month.

If you can’t figure it out, do you have a kid or grandkid who can come over and do it for you? It isn’t complicated for people who are a little more digitally savvy. My mom, who is just a touch younger than you, figured it out, so I think you can do it, too.
Argonaut, thanks so much for all the info, just signed up for the monthly subscription and received the discount . Pretty good deal to watch, hopefully two really good games by our women.

PvP

Reaction Score

Thank you very much! I will definitely give it a try.

Reaction Score

Thanks for the link. I did check on it, however I wanted to subscribe under my ITunes account. So I’ll just go with that. $30. For 2 games and whatever other games they have for the month is ok with me. I can turn it on and then turn it off without using credit card.
I appreciate the help with all the different ways of watching UConn WBB this year. I’m a former YouTube TV subscriber, who lost SNY.

PvP

Reaction Score

Uh oh....I got to Step 3 at Flohoops and it offered a plan for "Conference Special Pricing" for $8.33 a month and then I couldn't find any other option. Would that option work or, if not, how do I get other options?

Reaction Score
I just bit the bullet and signed up for 1 month subscription for $29.99 + taxes ($31.89 CT) and cancelled it again a few days afterwards. I watched Marquette beat then #23 Illinois Nov 11th...so I'm good till Dec 11th.
I did too. Signed up today through ITunes on Apple. I figured it would be easier to cancel that way. I’m watching a men’s BB game right now. So far so good. It kinda reminds me of when ESPN+ first started. The quality so far is better. I did have Flo Sports a couple of years ago for an away tournament. It seems to have improved.

Reaction Score
Uh oh....I got to Step 3 at Flohoops and it offered a plan for "Conference Special Pricing" for $8.33 a month and then I couldn't find any other option. Would that option work or, if not, how do I get other options?
On mine to the right of that was another box for the $14.xx a month option ( in smaller print under the $ 8.33 option it had billed annually and showed annual cost, under $14.xx option it had billed monthly and showed monthly cost). Hopefully that helps.

Reaction Score
My biggest frustration last year when Vandy's Cayman Island games were shown on Flo Sports was that there also was no radio broadcast. The announcers had said days earlier that the games would be broadcast, but it turned out they were not. I wonder if Flo Sports' proprietary rights preclude even radio. I never found out the reason. Could have just been technical difficulties.

Vandy plays in Vegas on Flo Sports Friday and Saturday. They have a game today, so I'm sure I'll hear the radio guys say whether they will be there. I can be happy enough just listening for a couple games.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
You didn’t make it to step four, which was switch to the monthly billing plan. It’s $8.33/month if you pay $99.99 up front for the entire year. I did all of this on my phone, so I’m not sure where it is on a computer.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I posted on another thread, but I found a link on a Villanova release from August with a $14.99 monthly rate… so half off.

I did some googling…

Hope that helps!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You can subscribe. Go to bottom of the linked page for more info.

We have it with our cable package. If you have cable it can’t hurt to look to see if it’s there. Cable changes lineups all the time

Good suggestion. I didn't realize it was included with some cable packages.

Unfortunately, mine jumps right from ESPNU to the Food Network. :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom