The Official 2022 Mets Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 Mets Thread

Reaction Score
Yankees/Mets trade relievers.

What’s the scoop on Miguel Castro?

Reaction Score

Solid but very little control. If he's the 4th best RP on your team I think he's fine, anything higher leverage I wouldn't really trust him

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Our middle daughter lives in D.C. and a month ago I was looking at tickets for this series, thinking we'd get deGrom or Scherzer vs. Strasbourg.

Thankfully I was not able to make it happen, as now we have Tylor Megill vs. Patrick Corbin.

Oh well, LFGM!

Reaction Score
I'm over the deGrom depression and I'm excited to watch this team. I'm hoping Lindor has an MVP caliber season and energizes this team all over the field all season. LFGM!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm over the deGrom depression and I'm excited to watch this team. I'm hoping Lindor has an MVP caliber season and energizes this team all over the field all season. LFGM!
I’m just happy that the season has started and I can watch games again. I’m dressed for the occasion today!
D5CC8190-7120-4A23-91CD-9D39A8AB9C85.jpeg

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

He's got a very good slider; when he can throw it for strikes he's usually good. When he can't and has to rely on his fastball he usually gets hit hard.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well that was a nice start. It was funny watching Scherzer as they introduced all his former teammates. I'm glad they got that out of the way and that he is pitching tonight. Could not have asked more of Megill last night; and good to see Diaz get a drama-free save.

Reaction Score
Well that was a nice start. It was funny watching Scherzer as they introduced all his former teammates. I'm glad they got that out of the way and that he is pitching tonight. Could not have asked more of Megill last night; and good to see Diaz get a drama-free save.
Agree, agree, agree, agree, agree. :)

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Agree, agree, agree, agree, agree. :)
Actually, I’m not sure that qualified as a save. Can’t remember the rule but I think it probably didn’t.

Reaction Score
Actually, I’m not sure that qualified as a save. Can’t remember the rule but I think it probably didn’t.
Yea, I think it's less than four or four or less, but who knows, they do change the rules occasionally. :rolleyes:

Your statement's inference still stands as far as I'm concerned. I do get nervous when it's a 1 or 2 run game on the line and he gets the call. To me he has 2 games, his A game and his Z game. As Forrest likes to say, "You never know what you're gonna get."

Reaction Score
And Ottavino and Lugo as well.

Heard a comment yesterday that 2021 deGrom and 2-5 plus the pen is not as good as 2022 Scherzer and 2-5 plus the pen. I guess numbers could prove that to an extent, but it's an interesting thought.

Reaction Score
So far can’t complain too much about anything other than the DeGrom issue. Being hit 4 times in 2 days is awful, but I really don’t think it’s intentional - but Soto needs to be brushed back at least at some point, so was a little disappointed he wasn’t last night. McNeil looks great so far, as does Marte. I think they truly have something with Megill also. Take all 4, or at least 3, and take 2/3 from Philly and start the home stand no worse than 5-2. It’s doable.

On a side note, thank god for the Audacy app and it syncing up almost perfectly last night as that Apple TV broadcast made me want to jump off my roof.

Reaction Score
So far can’t complain too much about anything other than the DeGrom issue. Being hit 4 times in 2 days is awful, but I really don’t think it’s intentional - but Soto needs to be brushed back at least at some point, so was a little disappointed he wasn’t last night. McNeil looks great so far, as does Marte. I think they truly have something with Megill also. Take all 4, or at least 3, and take 2/3 from Philly and start the home stand no worse than 5-2. It’s doable.

On a side note, thank god for the Audacy app and it syncing up almost perfectly last night as that Apple TV broadcast made me want to jump off my roof.

I like to think I’m pretty tolerant of broadcasters. That said, that Apple team last night was really, really bad.

Reaction Score
I like to think I’m pretty tolerant of broadcasters. That said, that Apple team last night was really, really bad.

Same here. We are blessed with GKR, so I have a lot of leeway listening to others but that was unbearably bad. I actually felt bad for Young bc I truly felt he was trying to explain baseball strategy but kept getting interrupted and lead off course. After the 3rd I turned to Howie Rose as I said, thankfully.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Same here. We are blessed with GKR, so I have a lot of leeway listening to others but that was unbearably bad. I actually felt bad for Young bc I truly felt he was trying to explain baseball strategy but kept getting interrupted and lead off course. After the 3rd I turned to Howie Rose as I said, thankfully.
They literally sounded like a high school broadcasting class.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I have to say I totally forgot about Bassitt. Huge.

Reaction Score
3-0. Good pitching performances by every starter so far and our all star Walker from last year hasn’t even pitched yet.

Reaction Score
An "L" instead of a "W" today. Can't complain too much, were still on pace to win 120 for the year. :D

Reaction Score
Some pretty poor bullpen performance the last 2 days. And terrible usage by Buck

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Some pretty poor bullpen performance the last 2 days. And terrible usage by Buck
Especially after such strong starting performances. Hate to waste those. Looks like our middle relief needs some bolstering. Lugo inherited a pretty crappy situation last night though. I still believe in him.

Reaction Score
Especially after such strong starting performances. Hate to waste those. Looks like our middle relief needs some bolstering. Lugo inherited a pretty crappy situation last night though. I still believe in him.
Yeah not worried about the back half of the bullpen, Diaz/Lugo/Ottavino/May (depending on his MRI results) are all good. Just can't force Shreve/Williams into a 1 run game and to pitch multiple innings, and can't have Joely Rodriguez facing JT Realmuto when righties hit .400 off him

Reaction Score
A beautiful stroke by Nimmo and it turned out to be a beautiful GW run. :)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom