The Official 2015 Mets Thread | Page 33 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Mets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
A red hot Tiger team was off for a bout a week a few years ago. Then got trounced in WS. I would be a nervous Mets fan. But those arms are so good

Curiouser
Reaction Score
A red hot Tiger team was off for a bout a week a few years ago. Then got trounced in WS. I would be a nervous Mets fan. But those arms are so good
Most teams that have swept the CS have gone on t0 lose the WS. Some of them got swept themselves.

I think the point that was being made is that these guys could use the rest. I'm not expecting Murph to keep up the ridiculous streak, but I think the break will benefit most--especially the four starters.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Uribe playing? Mets sites say no way. Hope so. Kirk is a useless POS

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Looks like it's Harvey-deGrom-Syndergaard-Matz.

Uribe making the trip to KC but still not sure whether he will be on WS roster.

Cespedes says he'll be ready, but still hasn't practiced.

Team heading to KC a day early because of inclement weather in New York, which would affect ability to practice there.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Collins revealed his rotation Saturday but Yost isn't announcing his rotation until today. Says he's being "a bit of a punk."

What's the usual practice here? I wondered why Terry announced his early, when you don't have to give your lineup until today I think?

In a similar vein, I note that Terry is unusually candid and forthcoming about pitch counts, innings limits, etc., when interviewed before and during the game. I've also wondered why he does that. Wouldn't it benefit the other team to know in advance when you plan to pull your starting pitcher?

Reaction Score
Looks like it's Harvey-deGrom-Syndergaard-Matz.

Uribe making the trip to KC but still not sure whether he will be on WS roster.

Cespedes says he'll be ready, but still hasn't practiced.

Team heading to KC a day early because of inclement weather in New York, which would affect ability to practice there.
I would have liked Harvey, Noah, Degrom.

Just in the event we were down 0-2, coming back you hit em with your best guy. I get it though, and I expect Harvey to be lights out game 1.

Lets go Mets!

Reaction Score
Mets goal right now should be a split in KC. Get back home tied 1-1 at worst.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Mets goal right now should be a split in KC. Get back home tied 1-1 at worst.
I think the goal should be to win both in KC; take a split at worst. I don't want to go to seven games against the Royals.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I just want to win; don't care how we do it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm fascinated that most of the baseball people are picking KC to win the series, and that the basis for most of the predictions is that the Royals hit "fastballers" like the Mets' starting rotation better than any other team. I think that overlooks the secondary and tertiary pitches that at least Harvey, deGrom and Familia have developed. They are not just fastballers.

I'm worried about our defense and I think that's probably where KC has the greatest advantage.

The one thing I'm surprised I don't hear much talk about is our offense, which I think a lot people aren't giving enough credit. Combing that with KC's totally average starting pitching, I think the Mets could have more on an edge there than many people realize.

The other thing that has been interesting to watch is how little the playoffs care about the story lines. None of the playoff series so far have really gone according to script, so I'm kind of glad to see the script being written with KC having the edge.

Time to rip up another one. Can't wait.

Reaction Score
Tough, tough loss. Two ways to look at it: 1) Blew a game that they had won, or 2) It took an inside the park fluke, a blown save, and 14 innings for them to win in their house.

Take tonight's game and come back to NY 1-1 which is all I asked for going into the series.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If momentum is as good as your next day's starting pitcher, I like our chances tonight. Thought there was some serious home cooking on the strike zone last night though. But in the end it was our defense--our biggest weakness as compared to KC--that really cost us (not that Harvey's first pitch was a good one; it wasn't).

Still wish it was Syndergaard tonight with Harvey or Jake for game 3. That's going to be the key game irrespective of what happens tonight.

Cespedes better start earning his next contract.

Reaction Score
I don't think many really expected to come home up 2-0. So, tonight's the night. deGrom against Cueto should be in our favor on paper. Let's hope that Familia's head is screwed on straight and he can come back tonight to shut down the 9th easily.

Reaction Score
I'm actually thinking that Familia "got it out of the way". He's so dominant I don't think he'll blow another one ::knocks on wood::

Also, both teams are going to be exhausted and with a well rested DeGrom you'd think that would work big time in our favor.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Against a team this good, you really can't afford to give away a game like we did tonight. I just kept thinking of game 1 of the 2000 World Series...we blew that one, and never recovered. I'm sure it's just the pessimist in me, but I can't shake the feeling that we're going to remember this one for a long, long time.

Just go out there and be the stopper, Jacob!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Against a team this good, you really can't afford to give away a game like we did tonight. I just kept thinking of game 1 of the 2000 World Series...we blew that one, and never recovered. I'm sure it's just the pessimist in me, but I can't shake the feeling that we're going to remember this one for a long, long time.
I get the point and we did blow it, but it doesn't feel like game 1 in 2000 to me. It feels more like the end of Rocky, not that one of us was an underdog, but that we were two great competitors battling to the point of exhaustion, and each knowing that the other is not going away easily.

I wonder about having Conforto DH tonight. I am guessing that Lagares starts after last night, and I think Conforto is probably a better bat than Johnson, Uribe or the other options at this point.

We really need Jake to go deep into the game tonight. Like through the 7th at least.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I get the point and we did blow it, but it doesn't feel like game 1 in 2000 to me. It feels more like the end of Rocky, not that one of us was an underdog, but that we were two great competitors battling to the point of exhaustion, and each knowing that the other is not going away easily.

I wonder about having Conforto DH tonight. I am guessing that Lagares starts after last night, and I think Conforto is probably a better bat than Johnson, Uribe or the other options at this point.

We really need Jake to go deep into the game tonight. Like through the 7th at least.

Cueto has better number against lefties than righties, so I'd be willing to bet Lagares is in there, and wouldn't be shocked if Uribe is the DH over Conforto, who hasn't looked great this postseason.

And I hope you're right about it being like Rocky. No matter how we respond, spotting a great team like the Royals a game like that more often than not comes back to bite you in the end. Just hope we can persevere and take the game tonight.

BTW, I thought you said that we need Jake to go deep tonight, as in hit a home run. I would certainly take that! ;)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
BTW, I thought you said that we need Jake to go deep tonight, as in hit a home run. I would certainly take that! ;)
Well he's a good hitter...for a pitcher. But he won't be hitting tonight.

Tough call on the DH imo. Terry is partial to his vets. But I like Conforto, too.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I was wondering which team I'd be rooting for. I have a complicated history with the Mets. They were my NL team as a kid and I was young enough in 1986 not to be particularly destroyed by what happened (eventually it took its toll). There's even a picture of me on the internet of me wearing a Mets jersey.

In college, most of my friends were from Queens and diehard Mets fans. Truth be told, I always enjoyed some schadenfreude watching the Mets struggle year after year.

And, besides, I LIKE the Royals. Who doesn't? I know a bunch of people from Kansas and they're all such nice people. As opposed to my friends...

Anyway, the game started last night and lo and behold: I found myself rooting, unequivocally, for the Mets. I'm sure you Mets fans couldn't care less about the support of one balloon knot Sox fan, but you've got it -- LGM!

Tough loss last night. The Royals are scrappy as h3ll. I think this thing goes 7.

Reaction Score
I have no confidence in Cuddyer at the plate right now. I'd throw Uribe ice cold off the shelf in rather than let him hit again.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I have no confidence in Cuddyer at the plate right now. I'd throw Uribe ice cold off the shelf in rather than let him hit again.

Cuddyer looks like garbage. He suddenly looks very old.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No question. He looks like he aged ten years this season. My Mets friends and I agree that he needs to be put out to pasture. Great guy, but time is up, Pops.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Conforto is the DH tonight. Lagares in center and Cespedes in left. Lineup otherwise the same as last night.

Can't wait to see how we come out of the gates tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom