The move to the ACC has worked out wonders for Miami | The Boneyard

The move to the ACC has worked out wonders for Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lost 41-40 to an awful UVA team. Went from one of the most feared teams in college football to the biggest has been. They now play their games in a NFL stadium that is usually more than half empty. Should be a much bigger story. Their move to the ACC which started the whole conference dominoes has been a complete disaster. Karma.

Reaction Score
And aren't they still waiting for the NCAA to drop the hammer on them?

Reaction Score
They're so bad, I almost don't even hate them anymore. There was a time I was really enjoying their decline, but lately it's transformed into indifference.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Lost 41-40 to an awful UVA team. Went from one of the most feared teams in college football to the biggest has been. They now play their games in a NFL stadium that is usually more than half empty. Should be a much bigger story. Their move to the ACC which started the whole conference dominoes has been a complete disaster. Karma.
It worked out perfectly. They deemphasized football but still get $17 mil per year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They may be the first program in history to simultaneously deemphasize while still managing to wrack up some truly impressive NCAA violations.

That wasn't easy - they're due a slow golf clap from football fans everywhere for that feat.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They may be the first program in history to simultaneously deemphasize while still managing to wrack up some truly impressive NCAA violations.

That wasn't easy - they're due a slow golf clap from football fans everywhere for that feat.

Only in the ACC could you have two programs (U and UNC) go completely rogue and have a grand total of nada to show for it.

At least in the BiG and the SEC the cheaters were at least winning big.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
miami cuse pitt bc wake duke are teams i dont want to be around. private schools that are struggling now and wont be able to hack it in the future college landscape fball wise. thats a nice bball league with gtown, nova and sju one day tho. it will eventually fall to that.

the reason schools like stan, vandy, tcu, nw, usc im sure i missed 1 or 2 maybe are doing ok vs the acc schools is becuase they are 1 or 2 private schools in a mostly public league. once u have to many private schools the balance of $ and other important aspects starts to decline and the private schools bring down everyone with them.

yes pitt is a half and half school i know...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Only in the ACC could you have two programs (U and UNC) go completely rogue and have a grand total of nada to show for it.

At least in the BiG and the SEC the cheaters were at least winning big.
Imagine how bad each program would be if they didn't cheat for most of the past decade!

pj

Reaction Score
SEC and BiG cheated in order to compete for a national title. Miami and UNC cheated so that they could spend more time at the beach.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
They're so bad, I almost don't even hate them anymore. There was a time I was really enjoying their decline, but lately it's transformed into indifference.

Ha!!! This. Exactly this. I used to really hate that team, and now I've forgotten they still play 1-A football. Somehow, they have fallen to the 4th best team in their own state (or at least that's what I think; we'll soon find out if USF will play badly enough to elevate them to the 3rd best team in the state)...

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Imagine how bad each program would be if they didn't cheat for most of the past decade!
Some would rather beg for forgiveness than ask for permission. Wish we would cheat! Lmao might make the second half more tolerable.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Prior to last night's game I would have wagered that GDL thought passing on first down was cheating.
Lmfao!!! That's awesome! I keep checking off the days on the calendar to his departure.m

Reaction Score
They finally have financial stability, a coach they can count on and millions being put into the facilities that everyone seems to think are the most important things needed to win. They are trying to repair the damage done by two bad coaches, which is not an easy thing to do. Look at their roster and you see that they will need another year or so before they are pretty good again. Watching from down here, I would say they are in the best position they have been in in several years. One thing I will say is that if it doesn't happen with Golden, it probably wont happen at all.

Reaction Score
Hard for me to criticize the ACC right now when I want PSU to of the Big10. It's tiring for them to get screwed year after year after year. McDonough and Spielman could not understand how in the world PSU got screwed yesterday by the replay booth.

Reaction Score
Hard for me to criticize the ACC right now when I want PSU to of the Big10. It's tiring for them to get screwed year after year after year. McDonough and Spielman could not understand how in the world PSU got screwed yesterday by the replay booth.

Really tough to have any sympathy for Penn State.

Reaction Score
Have to put this decline on coaching. Miami still recruits very well.

Reaction Score
Have to put this decline on coaching. Miami still recruits very well.

I don't think that people will ever understand how bad Randy Shannon was. larry Coker wasn't really cut out to be a head coach at a high profile program, but Randy Shannon was pretty much inept at every part of his job. He wrecked everything from the football camp structure to the strength and nutrition program to relationships with the local high schools. How the hell can you win if you aren't able to convince the locals that you care? Even with all that, he was able to stumble into a nine win season so a competant coach should be able to do just fine here.

Reaction Score
Miami used to recruit nationally, but they haven't in years. Although south Florida has a lot of talent, many of Miami's greats came from elsewhere, especially their QBs like Jim Kelley, Bernie Kosar, Vinnie Tesatverde,... In the past, if Miami couldn't find the talent at a position in south Florida, they were able to get it elsewhere and that doesn't happen anymore. Top recruits outside of Florida almost never name Miami as a potential choice.

Reaction Score
Makes it all the more amazing that Golden was able to land some top quarterback from New Jersey. If they don't get torpedoed by the NCAA, he will be able to really get them some players.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They finally have financial stability, a coach they can count on and millions being put into the facilities that everyone seems to think are the most important things needed to win. They are trying to repair the damage done by two bad coaches, which is not an easy thing to do. Look at their roster and you see that they will need another year or so before they are pretty good again. Watching from down here, I would say they are in the best position they have been in in several years. One thing I will say is that if it doesn't happen with Golden, it probably wont happen at all.

Exactly. See Notre Dame. Once they hire the right coach they will win.

Reaction Score
I have a good friend in the Miami Athletic Department, though on the baseball side, who insists that Miami's decline isn't easily reversable. And further, was pretty much expected when they joined the ACC. Donna Shalala and others in leadership there were tired of being embarrassed buy the "convict" image and really set out to change things. Their view was that Miami could be competitive in the ACC without being a national program. Among the areas they cracked down on were admissions where they require football players to meet some standard now, and academics where they now require certain courses and course loads that football players didn't follow in earlier years. So they can't recruit the same guys they previously took. They knew they would be less competitive but felt that they could continue to get bowl bids and national rankings based on their name and winning the ACC. And they make more money despite performance in the ACC.

Reaction Score
In the last 4 years Miami has added 20 4 star recruits and 5 5 star recruits. They have a ton of talent .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom