The Market for These Tickets is insane | The Boneyard

The Market for These Tickets is insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought I was a nut job on Sunday afternoon to shell out $350 a ducat for seats that were going for $250 the day before. I just saw seats in the same section going for $1150.

These prices are absolutely insane. My biggest hope is that Jim Delaney is hit up for tickets from a score of friends and family beyond what he's had allocated to him, and he has to go online, try to buy more and ask himself WTF is going on and why.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I bought tix on Selection Sunday, assuming (hoping) we'd get to MSG. Seats in that section have at least tripled in value during the past 10 days. I got in at the right time.

Reaction Score
Shut up Richard!!

~Tommy Boy

shut_up_richard_t_shirt.jpg

When Tommy Boy was asked about our chances Friday night he said he's a fan and:
tb.jpeg

Reaction Score
It really is crazy. It shows how strong UConn is in NYC.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
It'll be interesting to see what happens to the ticket prices on stubhub tomorrow afternoon/evening. Will they drop or stay?

Reaction Score
It'll be interesting to see what happens to the ticket prices on stubhub tomorrow afternoon/evening. Will they drop or stay?

Eventually, they start dropping. Because they are worth much less to those holding them at 7:45. But to be able to benefit from that you have to be willing to not go, to get there late and to shell out good money for fakes. If you're a Michigan State or UVA fan, waiting works.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
The market will certainly soften, but to what extent remains to be seen. It depends on how much panic sets in. In the past I've gotten Big East tournament tickets from StubHub minutes before tip for pennies because the seller started to panic.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
The market will certainly soften, but to what extent remains to be seen. It depends on how much panic sets in. In the past I've gotten Big East tournament tickets from StubHub minutes before tip for pennies because the seller started to panic.

Exactly what I was wondering. I think UConn fans who don't have tickets but are going to scalp tomorrow should be monitoring stubhub periodically until tip-off. Just watch the tickets that can be picked up (from stubhub office) and my guess is those are the ones that will drop in price.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Exactly what I was wondering. I think UConn fans who don't have tickets but are going to scalp tomorrow should be monitoring stubhub periodically until tip-off. Just watch the tickets that can be picked up (from stubhub office) and my guess is those are the ones that will drop in price.
The market may soften some before UConn's tip time, however, the fact that UVA and Mich St still have a game afterwards will still provide a bit of support for the higher price market.

However, if we are assuming that UConn is the main driving force behind this market (which is a pretty safe assumption), then UVA and Mich St fans should be able to take advantage of a rapidly softening market once the UConn game tips. If they are willing to wait it out until the UConn game is wrapping up they could find some pretty cheap unclaimed tickets, however, that's quite a game of chicken to play especially if they traveled a long distance to get to NYC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't expect the market to soften much.

I couldn't understand why the scalpers in Buffalo ate all their $200 tickets when there were fans outside willing to pay $125-150. They simply wouldn't sell them. I got mine for $100 but I knew they were from scalpers, and my entire row was empty save for us.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I have been checking every half hour ( because I'm crazy) and they have started to drop but only by 10 or 20 bucks. There was a single game ticket that dropped $50 but that got snatched up. Seems like they are holding at around 600 for NOW!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I have been checking every half hour ( because I'm crazy) and they have started to drop but only by 10 or 20 bucks. There was a single game ticket that dropped $50 but that got snatched up. Seems like they are holding at around 600 for NOW!

Keep checking - maybe able to get a deal by tomorrow afternoon. We need as many Husky fans as possible.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
For where though? I remember thinking I got hosed for the 2002 Big East Championship. I paid $50 for the last row in the corner. The phenomena that took place over the last 72-96 hours was the very definition of March Madness.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
For where though? I remember thinking I got hosed for the 2002 Big East Championship. I paid $50 for the last row in the corner. The phenomena that took place over the last 72-96 hours was the very definition of March Madness.
I was at that game too! Best game I ever attended!!
Screenshot_2014-03-27-17-06-23.png

Husky25

Reaction Score
I was at that game too! Best game I ever attended!!
View attachment 5381
Bought tickets at 1:30 Sunday Morning. Section 219 for $304, all in. the single ticket left in 219 is 225% more expensive. Goddness gracious sakes alive.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Bought tickets at 1:30 Sunday Morning. Section 219 for $304, all in. the single ticket left in 219 is 225% more expensive. Goddness gracious sakes alive.
My god damn wife f#cked me and not the good way! After the game last Saturday night I jumped on stub hub and tix were 220ish. I went into the other room and asked her (first mistake) and she said no! My 2nd mistake was listening to her!

NOW she says I can get em but for under 250!!

I would Be a lot happier single lol

Reaction Score
My god damn wife f#cked me and not the good way! After the game last Saturday night I jumped on stub hub and tix were 220ish. I went into the other room and asked her (first mistake) and she said no! My 2nd mistake was listening to her!

NEVER ask. Just Buy.

Reaction Score

Dude, you need to develop those testiculos more.

Husky25

Reaction Score

Scared. To. Like. This. Post.

The key is to ask her along and offer to pay, or better yet don't even tell her the price.

Me: "Honey wanna go see UConn in the Sweet 16 at the Garden?"
Her (3/4 asleep): "You know I can't do that. Who will watch [our son]? You can go if you want though.

What helped me though is that 100% of our funds are not comingled. We have a joint for house and family expenses, but she has her money and I have mine.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Scared. To. Like. This. Post.

The key is to ask her along and offer to pay, or better yet don't even tell her the price.

Me: "Honey wanna go see UConn in the Sweet 16 at the Garden?"
Her (3/4 asleep): "You know I can't do that. Who will watch [our son]? You can go if you want though.

What helped me though is that 100% of our funds are not comingled. We have a joint for house and family expenses, but she has her money and I have mine.
My problem is I just bought Ireland vs Portugal tickets at Yankee stadium(without telling her) and the Yankees 20 game plan!

She went to the big east championship with me in 2011 she was scared of my true colors! Lol

But my biggest problem is she is my sugar momma so she controls the money!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
but she has her money and I have mine.

That's quite an interesting arrangement.

When I was married she had (spent would be a better description) her money and she had (again, spent) mine, along with anyone who was willing to give her a credit card.

Husky25

Reaction Score
My problem is I just bought Ireland vs Portugal tickets at Yankee stadium(without telling her) and the Yankees 20 game plan!

She went to the big east championship with me in 2011 she was scared of my true colors! Lol

But my biggest problem is she is my sugar momma so she controls the money!
Yeah probably don't want to go to the well too often then...at least for a little while. :D

Husky25

Reaction Score
That's quite an interesting arrangement.

When I was married she had (spent would be a better description) her money and she had (again, spent) mine, along with anyone who was willing to give her a credit card.

It works. We've had the house longer than we've been married and set up the joint then. We just never changed the arrangement. So far I think it's solved more problems than it's caused. If only I can remember to keep funding the joint. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom