The Many Saints of Newark | The Boneyard

The Many Saints of Newark

temery

What?
Reaction Score
A hot pile of steaming crap. Absolute waste of time.

huge let down.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It wasn't that bad.

The good:

1) I liked the Dicky Moltisanti character. He was complex, and street smart but still kind of an idiot (which is hard to pull off).

2) All the younger versions of the key characters from the show were well done.

3) I liked the Harold McBrayer character although I was not clear how he tied into the plot.

4) I really liked the ending.

The bad:

1) too many easter eggs and "origin" scenes. This is the Sopranos universe, not a Marvel movie.

2) The actresses playing Guiseppina Moltisanti and Joanne Moltisanti looked and dressed exactly alike, which made a lot of the scenes very confusing because I didn't know who was in the scene until they started talking.

3) Not enough Livia or Johnny Boy Soprano.

The movie was a lot like the show, slow paced and built around characters. It isn't Scarface meets the Sopranos.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The movie sucked. Way, way too many "he doesn't have the making of a varsity athlete" type references. The attempts to match Silvio and 's mannerisms is laughable. The dubbing of Junior's voice is equally as dumb.

And I still don't know who the boss of the family is.

James Gandolfini's son is a prop. He's in the movie just so they can advertise James Gandolfini's son is in the movie.

They do hint Tony lives long after Chris dies, so that solves the mystery of the series final.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
It wasn't that bad.

The good:

1) I liked the Dicky Moltisanti character. He was complex, and street smart but still kind of an idiot (which is hard to pull off).

2) All the younger versions of the key characters from the show were well done.

3) I liked the Harold McBrayer character although I was not clear how he tied into the plot.

4) I really liked the ending.

The bad:

1) too many easter eggs and "origin" scenes. This is the Sopranos universe, not a Marvel movie.

2) The actresses playing Guiseppina Moltisanti and Joanne Moltisanti looked and dressed exactly alike, which made a lot of the scenes very confusing because I didn't know who was in the scene until they started talking.

3) Not enough Livia or Johnny Boy Soprano.

The movie was a lot like the show, slow paced and built around characters. It isn't Scarface meets the Sopranos.
agree with this. It wasn't a terrible movie, but just felt like somebody wrote a script about the Newark race riots then had to figure out how to make it a sopranos movie.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed it. But I thought they completely wasted the Johnny Soprano character. They virtually cut him out of the movie. That didn't make sense as he presence looms over the series as a huge effect on Tony's life.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed it. But I thought they completely wasted the Johnny Soprano character. They virtually cut him out of the movie. That didn't make sense as he presence looms over the series as a huge effect on Tony's life.
Right?? I was really surprised how little a presence he had in the movie! I'd say it was a wasted opportunity, however wasn't that the point to show that he was never around and that's why Tony gravitated towards Dicky?

I think most of the casting was an absolute home run, they absolutely nailed Junior and Livia.

I really enjoyed the fan service, Easter eggs, and callbacks but that's me. I can understand how people would not have enjoyed the film though. If anything my biggest takeaway is that they could have told these stories better in a few seasons than jamming it all together into 2 hours.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Question about Anthony, James Gs son - was he directed to act hunched over? The director clearly tried to get Silvio and P ussy's mannerisms down, with some success. But I don't get what they were trying to do with young Tony.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom