The Lincoln Bracket changed dramatically last night | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Lincoln Bracket changed dramatically last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Gotta wonder now if UConn faces LVille again???? ND did not impress me. Tenn was fortunate that StJ made so many turnovers late in the game. Stanford looks good but when they face UConn its a different story.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Tony, ND didn't struggle at all.
I believe they did. Close first half, 22 turnovers, 22 personal fouls committed, only 3 scorers, freshman point had a tough game, their freshman forward off the bench had 4 fouls in 6 minutes. All against a mediocre ASU team that Uconn would beat by 30-40.

Doesn't mean they will play that way in the next game, but we clearly have a different view in what constitutes a struggle.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
At this point in the tourney the #1 seeds shouldn't be struggling at all. ND won going away, but that game wasn't as easy as it should have been. Same with Tennessee...but that's a whole 'nother story.

Reaction Score
Gotta wonder now if UConn faces LVille again????

The Ville has gotta win at Iowa, then possibly vs WV, before it even gets a possible matchup with TN.

Reaction Score
I hope we don't slack off...that could be detrimental to our future.
Rarely have I seen a Huskie team play anything but at a high level, regardless of their opponent. That is the philosophy that has made the Huskies the kind of team they are. They seldom, if ever, take a play off. They compete against themselves, more than their opponents, game after game. They've been involved in so many blowouts over the years but they're like a bunch of mustangs, you let them loose and they want to run. Period! I don't see that changing anytime soon.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme thought they struggled...

5. McStruggles? It is hard to find fault when an unbeaten team moves into the Sweet 16 with a 17-point win, but Notre Dame's 84-67 win over Arizona State was not its best effort by a long shot. It's also difficult to label a 22-point, nine-assist game lacking, but Kayla McBride, Notre Dame's best player on most nights, was not her best either.
The Sun Devils choked the Irish's normally fluid offense for the better part of 25 minutes, and Notre Dame committed 22 turnovers. Until making three straight buckets five minutes into the second half, McBride was floundering with just two field goals in 11 attempts.

Reaction Score
The Ville has gotta win at Iowa, then possibly vs WV, before it even gets a possible matchup with TN.

The Schimmel sisters are featured in a Real Sports segment on HBO this week starting tonight at 10:00 PM.

I'm pulling for them at Iowa tonight.

Reaction Score
Charlie Creme thought they struggled...

5. McStruggles? It is hard to find fault when an unbeaten team moves into the Sweet 16 with a 17-point win, but Notre Dame's 84-67 win over Arizona State was not its best effort by a long shot. It's also difficult to label a 22-point, nine-assist game lacking, but Kayla McBride, Notre Dame's best player on most nights, was not her best either.
The Sun Devils choked the Irish's normally fluid offense for the better part of 25 minutes, and Notre Dame committed 22 turnovers. Until making three straight buckets five minutes into the second half, McBride was floundering with just two field goals in 11 attempts.

I watched most of the game and it was clear that McBride was off her game in the first half. Ochonwa took up the slack though.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A&M vs DePaul should be a great game. Both teams with small lineups that like to run and gun. The commentators that like offense should love this game if it happens.

Then the winner potentially faces, UConn and will a quick talented roster be able to withstand UConn's size advantage. Of course UConn first has to get there.
So does Texas A&M.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I still disagree but no point in debating. I get your opinion. Duke, IMHO, was already the weakest 2 seed in our bracket. Not sure why our bracket suddenly got tougher since Duke lost. Had they won, would it have been an easier bracket? By that logic, the fact that BYU beat Nebraska means our bracket is tougher because BYU is better than Nebraska.

Like I said, Depaul still needs to get past aTm. We beat BYU by 40+ and Depaul/aTm by 30+, unless Geno calls off the dogs and plays most of the 2nd half with Banks, Chong, Stoks, and then maybe Mo and one other starter...
Agree, UCONN's bracket definitely did not get tougher by having BYU and DePaul advance.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Then the winner potentially faces, UConn and with a quick talented roster be able to withstand UConn's size advantage.

I don't understand this logic at all. Can you explain?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Instead of with, I should have typed will a quick talented roster be able to withstand UConn.......

I'm making the assumption that A&M will win tonight and face DePaul in the Regional Semi-finals. Then the winner will be a quick team that uses a four guard line-up going up against UConn's size advantage. I also said UConn has to get there.

I don't understand this logic at all. Can you explain?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Instead of with, I should have typed will a quick talented roster be able to withstand UConn..

I'm making the assumption that A&M will win tonight and face DePaul in the Regional Semi-finals. Then the winner will be a quick team that uses a four guard line-up going up against UConn's size advantage. I also said UConn has to get there.

Too funny. Since you didn't have a question Mark, I thought you mistyped and I changed "will" to "with".

So, for clarities sake you said "will a quick talented roster be able to withstand UConn's size advantage?"

Now I can answer. No.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I believe they did. Close first half, 22 turnovers, 22 personal fouls committed, only 3 scorers, freshman point had a tough game, their freshman forward off the bench had 4 fouls in 6 minutes. All against a mediocre ASU team that Uconn would beat by 30-40.

Doesn't mean they will play that way in the next game, but we clearly have a different view in what constitutes a struggle.
Yes, we do. I don't consider winning by 51 a struggle. When you play sloppy and win by 17 I don't consider it a struggle. Struggle to me means the other team is challenging and pushing you. I don't think ASU did that to ND. ND had three players scoring at will. My take is that ND should have won by 25 and UCONN by 35.

BTW, the western bear cub is a junior on ASU.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I didn't give my opinion on what the results would be if UConn vs Depaul or A&M would meet. I do think DePaul would give UConn the better game as they're more disciplined. However, if they do meet, I do think UConn would win comfortably. However, like I said earlier, UConn has to get there.

Too funny. Since you didn't have a question Mark, I thought you mistyped and I changed "will" to "with".

So, for clarities sake you said "will a quick talented roster be able to withstand UConn's size advantage?"

Now I can answer. No.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
6, 6, 4, 1, -3. Those are the halftime margins for teams last who were seeded #1 or #2. We'll see if UConn can do better than that tonight, but it's hard to say any of the top teams were breezing in the first half of their second round games. Most managed to get things going better in the second half.

Reaction Score
I still disagree but no point in debating. I get your opinion. Duke, IMHO, was already the weakest 2 seed in our bracket. Not sure why our bracket suddenly got tougher since Duke lost. Had they won, would it have been an easier bracket? By that logic, the fact that BYU beat Nebraska means our bracket is tougher because BYU is better than Nebraska. Like I said, Depaul still needs to get past aTm. We beat BYU by 40+ and Depaul/aTm by 30+, unless Geno calls off the dogs and plays most of the 2nd half with Banks, Chong, Stoks, and then maybe Mo and one other starter...
Agree, UCONN's bracket definitely did not get tougher by having BYU and DePaul advance.

Well, as I see it, the only way you can say that our bracket did not get tougher than you had thought is either (1) you already knew, before last night, that DePaul was better at this point in the season than depleted Duke or (2) you thought that the victory by DePaul was flukey and that DePaul was the weaker team but that it had one of those unlikely nights when it was able to beat a superior team. But I don't hear you saying either of those things, not as to DePaul, anyway. (I suspect you thought BYU's win fits in category (2).)

Reaction Score
Yes, we do. I don't consider winning by 51 a struggle. When you play sloppy and win by 17 I don't consider it a struggle. Struggle to me means the other team is challenging and pushing you. I don't think ASU did that to ND. ND had three players scoring at will. My take is that ND should have won by 25 and UCONN by 35.

The first half was a major struggle for ND. They had a helluva time scoring with only Achonwa looking good. They didn't look so good on the boards either.

Reaction Score
I'm disappointed. I wanted to see UConn play Nebraska in front of a crazy crowd. Oh well.

if Nebraska was suppose to win they would have won, even Geno says he hopes there are upsets its good for the game

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I didn't give my opinion on what the results would be if UConn vs Depaul or A&M would meet. I do think DePaul would give UConn the better game as they're more disciplined. However, if they do meet, I do think UConn would win comfortably. However, like I said earlier, UConn has to get there.
You asked a question, correct?

Did you not know the answer?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
6, 6, 4, 1, -3. Those are the halftime margins for teams last who were seeded #1 or #2. We'll see if UConn can do better than that tonight, but it's hard to say any of the top teams were breezing in the first half of their second round games. Most managed to get things going better in the second half.
Those are NOT impressive numbers, plain and simple. I was surprised at even the final margins for ND and Stanford.

I agree with Alex--on paper, this looks perhaps historically easy. Fortunately, our guys are excellent at staying in the moment, so I don't see us being overconfident.

No Huskies v. Huskers in a packed arena is disappointing. I hope the Nebraska fans show up and appreciate good basketball. At least Stef, Kaleena, and Moriah play with smiles on their faces. I hope the crowd gets behind our guys. It's impossible not to like MoJet.

But first, we need to focus on the well-coached team from Philly. Let's start well without rushing and get them down by 20+ at halftime. Bria's and Stef's last home game. Let's be LOUD!!!!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

I can see this turning into a "jump shot" thread so I'll only make one comment.

Tony, you and I might have different definitions on what struggling means, but it doesn't make any of us wrong, as you implied to Tony.

They had some stats that were below their average and their freshmen clearly had problems.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I knew my answer, but the statement/question in my original post was Rhetorical as I wasn't expecting anyone to actually answer it.

You asked a question, correct?

Did you not know the answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member