THE KASONGO THREAD - 10/4 and beyond | The Boneyard

THE KASONGO THREAD - 10/4 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Steely Dan! Chicken Marsala!

I just LOL'd at my desk to this. But seriously, Kasongo thread only starting.....................now.

Reaction Score
Didn't think you were going to get away that easy, did you?

The truly dangerous thing is that if he verbals to UConn now, just think of future threads for recruits on this board.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
We have room for both Rock and Ray...

so what's the latest with Kasongo? Any word about HIS decision?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Someone tell basketball mom to stay out of this thread.
Well we know she likes Dad Rock already; what makes you think she doesn't like herself some Chicken Marsala too?

Reaction Score
By the way, looks like our own hoops "Dude" misfired on his inkling someone was going to commit last night. Should we start a "Non-Key Tweets" thread in this forum just for him, similar to the CR forum?

Reaction Score
I changed the title of the New on Kasongo thread to Old News on Kasongo since it's no longer new, and it's spinning out of control down unrelated rabbit holes.

Maybe it doesn't bug others, but it sometimes drives me crazy when a thread that deals with timely content, like news about a recruit, spins into a threads of nonsense.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There's zero new on Kasongo. Nothing. Zilch.

If a thread on Kasongo doesn't go down a rabbit hole, I will be disappointed in each and every one of you.

Reaction Score
Could this all be a ploy by kasongos crew to entice other high major offers? Just a month ago he was talking about his dream to play for the squid.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I think the longer he waits the more likely he will open up recruiting to other schools.

Reaction Score

If a thread on Kasongo doesn't go down a rabbit hole, I will be disappointed in each and every one of you.

Understood, but then why post anything on the thread at all? It's annoying to check the thread when you see there is a new post, and then you just get a bunch of nonsense. Start a thread called "Stupid no one cares about" if you want to go down a rabbit hole.

Reaction Score
He claimed he would make a final final answer this week. If there's nothing by Sunday I'm done with him.

Reaction Score
Sucks that there are so many people in this kid's ear. Seems like he really wants to go to UConn but his handlers are pushing him in a different direction for whatever reason. Politics seem to be at play here in a pretty big way. Frustrating.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Steely Dan! Chicken Marsala!

I'll never accuse you of not reading my posts.

So, anyway, to the point: Countdown to Ecstasy or Can't Buy a Thrill?

Reaction Score
well, I did see an interesting tweet from someone who opened up very candidly months back about how Denham was his own worst enemy and the reason why he was never able to get an NBA career jumpstarted. In response to the guy who has a habit of tweeting nonsense tweeting that Kasongo wants to go to UConn but his advisors want him to go to Oregon, he tweeted the following:

The Basketball Diary@TheBBallDiary 17h
Ray Kasongo REALLY wants UConn. Outside influence want him at Oregon. There are a some Grassroot Canada players. Easy to figure out who.

Peter Yannopoulos
@PeteYannopoulos
@TheBBallDiary Dehnam Brown went to UConn. Wink.

Maybe there he is bad blood b/w Grassroots and UConn because they did not feel Denham's career went according to their plans? I don't see why they would hold a grudge since JC is no longer coach and KO has a different approach, but who knows.

Reaction Score

JEFFERSON AIRPLANE ie if you like rabbits;) sorry DM couldn't resist:p

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Can't trust any tweet that spells fence "fense". Unless that's the Canadian spelling.
canadian.jpg

Reaction Score
I feel a little sorry for Kasongo. He really seems to be torn and while I'd love to have him at UConn, Oregon would also be a good choice. You don't have to play for a national championship team to have a successful college career. Only a handful of programs have been as successful as UConn and we have only won 3 NCCS in about 100 years. College is a lot more than just sports even for a scholarship athlete. I hope whatever choice Ray makes is the best one for him. (BTW Ray, UConn is the best choice for you).

Reaction Score
well, I did see an interesting tweet from someone who opened up very candidly months back about how Denham was his own worst enemy and the reason why he was never able to get an NBA career jumpstarted. In response to the guy who has a habit of tweeting nonsense tweeting that Kasongo wants to go to UConn but his advisors want him to go to Oregon, he tweeted the following:

The Basketball Diary@TheBBallDiary 17h
Ray Kasongo REALLY wants UConn. Outside influence want him at Oregon. There are a some Grassroot Canada players. Easy to figure out who.

Peter Yannopoulos
@PeteYannopoulos
@TheBBallDiary Dehnam Brown went to UConn. Wink.

Maybe there he is bad blood b/w Grassroots and UConn because they did not feel Denham's career went according to their plans? I don't see why they would hold a grudge since JC is no longer coach and KO has a different approach, but who knows.
I'm not sure. I was thinking he was indirectly referring to Ro Russell, since that was Denham's AAU coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom