The Judge Listens | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Judge Listens

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Maybe we need to celebrate more things that are 20+ years old. Is your iPod charged up? I can almost hear the Sopranos theme song. Next you'll want us to drink crappy beer in a green bottle.

So far my theme for 2023-24 is anti-mojo. No posts in the Haiku thread. Wearing cursed attire. It's a belief that the team is its own source of Mojo this time. Cam alone has enough Mojo to explode a small planet.
Mojo as positionless basketball, individual egos in voluntary submission to the higher purpose of working together and supporting each other to achieve an agreed upon ultimate goal.

Reaction Score
Please share this list of "everyone" who "begged" you to come back.

Because I believe it.consisted of you, and the guy staring back at you from your bathroom mirror.
He could be right but I don't remember it that way either. Some proof would shut us up.

Reaction Score
You know, I felt the same way. Then when I tried to pass the torch and move on? It was a disaster, everyone panicked and they begged me to come back so I did.
that second part didn't happen. Respectfully you dropped the ball last year and ended a boneyard tradition. Now you regret it. People don't forget

Reaction Score
Hey. I get it. I started all this mojo/Judge stuff back in 1999. And it worked. Over and over. So the people got attached to it. Naturally.

It’s clear that no one else can fill the robe. I tried to give others the chance at this proud tradition and it was like watching a bunch of monkeys porking a football. Remember when you had Penfeld try? Yikes. And again, with the importance of a repeat looming I hesitate mentioning that Prankster debacle from last year too much. Your boy ADub has fled the Yard offering to buy PC fans beers before the game last week.

So let’s stay focused. I’ll get us there. Again.

Reaction Score
that second part didn't happen. Respectfully you dropped the ball last year and ended a boneyard tradition. Now you regret it. People don't forget
To the contrary.

Reaction Score
I've settled on the practice of writing near haiku that I call "faux ku," wherein one of the three lines is 'off' by a single syllable, either too short or too long.
I suppose that the reply to such a poem directed at someone should be off by two syllables in order to be known as a “faux ku tu”

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I suppose that the reply to such a poem directed at someone should be off by two syllables in order to be known as a “faux ku tu”
I suppose it could be done that way, if the writer had such feelings and thought it was a good idea to express them. I like to think that I bring a different set of faults and imperfections to this forum.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He could be right but I don't remember it that way either. Some proof would shut us up.
Or, raise the bar toward emotionally mature discussion on behalf of the team's pursuit of three more trophies, each one needing to be earned one game at a time.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Hey. I get it. I started all this mojo/Judge stuff back in 1999. And it worked. Over and over. So the people got attached to it. Naturally.

It’s clear that no one else can fill the robe. I tried to give others the chance at this proud tradition and it was like watching a bunch of monkeys porking a football. Remember when you had Penfeld try? Yikes. And again, with the importance of a repeat looming I hesitate mentioning that Prankster debacle from last year too much. Your boy ADub has fled the Yard offering to buy PC fans beers before the game last week.

I fully understand that someone who plays mojo checkers doesn’t get it. Least shocking thing ever.

Your new name is “simple judge”

Hey boneyard please give a warm welcome back to simple jack err I mean simple judge.

ma GIF

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

Oh, there was a monkey, and he was poking something.

That's how I remember it.

Reaction Score
I fully understand that someone who plays mojo checkers doesn’t get it. Least shocking thing ever.

Your new name is “simple judge”

Hey boneyard please give a warm welcome back to simple jack err I mean simple judge.

ma GIF
Beats being a turncoat and a coward.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I tried to give others the chance at this proud tradition and it was like watching a bunch of monkeys porking a football.
Bull. You understand more than anyone that it takes early first followers to get this stuff moving and you, after abandoning your post, took the air out of the balloon of everyone else who tried to replace you. You wanted it to be your thing and your thing alone, but you were tired and didn’t think the juice was worth the squeeze while the team struggled to get back to the top. Now you want it all back the way it was. The toothpaste it out of the tube. The thrill is gone.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
To the contrary.

And I wrote this right after that post:

I’ll give you a like if this is definitely your last word on the subject.

My intent was you permanently retire.

Reaction Score
The Big East Tourney is almost here and winnin' time is upon us.

As always, I will continue to lead us on the journey for Ring #6 and, being the wise and fair Judge that I am? This is the point where I turn to you, the common folk of the Yard, for your thoughts and ideas. Please feel free to lob your Mojo ideas and thoughts over the wall.

Trust me. I have a truckload of Mojo already simmering in the pot right now. I do know that, every decade or so, one of you actually has a good idea and of course, I'm willing to listen to those "needles in the haystack" here.

Oh, and @CL82 ? Your retread nonsense will not be tolerated from this point forward. We have a repeat title in our sights and I won't let your penny-ante retread commentary stand in our way. You've been warned.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Shoo, shoo you stinking pile of poo!
This is way too kind a response.

@Doheny gets thanks for having re-posted the initial offering, which throughout this thread has told too little of the real story, except for the many who recognize what's going on for what it is. This is Deepster 2024:

The Big East Tourney is almost here and whining time is more important to me than anything else,

As always, I will continue to claim that I made last year happen, and nobody foresaw how good we are this year before I pointed it out earlier in the season. I'm just that special. This is the point where I again claim to be so great that I can turn to you, the common folk of the Yard, for your thoughts and ideas. Please feel free to lob your Mojo ideas and thoughts over the wall. As always, any such ideas become sole property of Deepco and require no acknowledgement. There is no "team" in I.

Trust me. Or I'll ignore you. Pay ONLY attention to the man behind the curtain, the one who threatens to hide you, the one who covers his eyes, and confidently bellows, "You can't see me." I have a truckload of Mojo already simmering in the pot right now, but don't expect me to share it like I'm part of a team that regularly assists upwards of two-thirds of its baskets. I'm no Alex Karaban, getting shut out of conference recognition while his four other starters get the mentions. What a sucker. Dude needs a publicist who cares more about pushing his prowess more than helping to make everybody look better in service to larger ambitions that benefit us all. Somebody like me, except I only do that for me, so sorry (not sorry) Alex, and anybody else who is foolish enough to think this can be done without me. Oh don't worry: if you crowd me out and the team wins, who do you think will be responsible for the win? That's right, me. Like Yertle the Turtle, I am marvelous. Nobody can do what I do. You think I confuse the wave and the water? I am both. And more. Don't you know who I used to be? I used to coulda been somebody. And I was. You could look it up. My record stands for itself. So solid that I've almost firmed up my plans for the perfect place to get braggingly plastered on game day: Nashville, Key West, Siesta Key, Lisbon, Hackensack. Do I contradict myself? I contain platitudes. I am the be all end all everything of all time, King of Pomp, Master of all Mediums. Up to 4XLarge, always in charge. You know it's so, all systems go. You want it, you need it. My hubris? You'll heed it. My ego? You'll feed it. My bluster? Don't impede it. You've been waiting for this. It's that time of the year. The daylight's a savin'. The road is a pavin' I am your iso ball master til I spend my last piaster. Heroically spinning self-kudos for winning. As always, anything you can do to adore me will be Liked. The rest of you are nothing without me. You just don't get it. I am your everything, and you love me.You always will. Or I will ignore you. Keep those DMs & PMs and Snaps & Chats and Tiks & Toks and Tweets and multi-match donations rolling in. Don't stop the carnival. Like Colonel Tom Parker, I am your barker. I'm down on my knees. I'm begging you please. Woof woof. Go Huskies. I can't wait to claim credit for everything you little nobodies contribute. I love inspiring you. It makes me that much better. Wait. It's coming

Oh, and @CL82 ? All the Friars fans gonna post "Thank you" when they see this. You've been warned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom