The fence is up | The Boneyard

The fence is up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Coach p just built a nice fence in CT to keep the recruits in state. Boyle, Jasudowich, Meyers, Thomas and the others.

I remember the feeling I got when Fortte and Redd went to Penn St, I said one day we'll keep the top guys, we're on our way, nice job coach p.

Reaction Score
Agree. He is doing an excellent job in keeping in state players playing at Uconn. What is really impressive is the short time frame he was able to do it. Hopefully it's not just this year but all future years. Great job coach P.

Reaction Score
According to Rivals, 3 of the top 5, and 5 of the top 10. That's the type of work we need to be doing.

Reaction Score
He's done a tremendous job, though I'd like to see how he fares when we start seeing some 4-star prospects get offers from the likes of USC, Alabama, Notre Dame, etc.

Marcus Outlow/Arkeel Newsome may be those tests.

Reaction Score
One of the top 10 was from Maryland and just prepped in CT for a year. Another of the top 10 is going to prep school and will be a 2014 signee. So it is really 5 out of 8 2013 true in-state recruits. Just need a better haul from Manchester High and it could have been 7 out of 8.

Reaction Score
I like that we are keeping the CT kids home (all good programs have to keep the good ones home), but we have to think of something better than "fence up", way too SUNJ - New Brunswick/greasy Schiano for my liking. Maybe we can see if PP has a phrase for it tonight.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the fence isn't just CT, its about nyc and the rest of new england 2. its about big cities and driving distance and a movement/culture developing. its not just fball recruits but other sports and just students applying overall. the school needs to take that to a new level and they have yet to...

Reaction Score
He's done a tremendous job, though I'd like to see how he fares when we start seeing some 4-star prospects get offers from the likes of USC, Alabama, Notre Dame, etc.

Marcus Outlow/Arkeel Newsome may be those tests.

No coach, any time soon, is going to be able to stop most Connecticut players who get offers from USC, Alabama, Florida and Notre Dame from going there. That is not the reasonable goal.

The reasonable goal is to stop losing as many in-state players to BC, Rutgers and Iowa. And we did that this year.

Reaction Score
No coach, any time soon, is going to be able to stop most Connecticut players who get offers from USC, Alabama, Florida and Notre Dame from going there. That is not the reasonable goal.

The reasonable goal is to stop losing as many in-state players to BC, Rutgers and Iowa. And we did that this year.

Oh absolutely. And if we lost those guys, I wouldn't blame P. But I'd like to see him put up a fight. And maybe someday we can win one. You never know, right?

Reaction Score
Oh absolutely. And if we lost those guys, I wouldn't blame P. But I'd like to see him put up a fight. And maybe someday we can win one. You never know, right?

Someday we will win one. Because the young man grew up a UConn fan and wants to be here. Just like Aaron Hernandez in all likelihood would have stayed in state but for the too early death of his father. But we won't win most of them against that level school any time soon.

Reaction Score
Someday we will win one. Because the young man grew up a UConn fan and wants to be here. Just like Aaron Hernandez in all likelihood would have stayed in state but for the too early death of his father. But we won't win most of them against that level school any time soon.

Told JC same thing when he tried to get my home boy Chris Smith to come to Uconn.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

were going to win that type of kid next class

Reaction Score
I like that we are keeping the CT kids home (all good programs have to keep the good ones home), but we have to think of something better than "fence up", way too SUNJ - New Brunswick/greasy Schiano for my liking. Maybe we can see if PP has a phrase for it tonight.
Think of it as an invisible electric fence. Like the one that keeps your dog in your yard. We are after all, The Huskies!. Yeah, that was lame.

Reaction Score
Being ranked in the top 20 at the end of the season is what's gonna influence the 4 stars. You want to compete with the big boys? Sooner or later your going to have to beat enough of them to get ranked. That gives the Silas Redd's & Ogundeko's of the world a reason to look at UConn. They need a reason to look this way besides distance from home.

Reaction Score
Thank God for the coaching change at BC! Glad to help out coach P and the Huskies

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thank God for the coaching change at BC! Glad to help out coach P and the Huskies
Thank you. Frankly your program has been helping us out for years with the meltdown of your athletic department, questionable coaching hires, etc. So just in case you haven't heard it enough, thank you for being, well... you.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
We continued to recruit Eastern PA well. It's under recruited and we've gotten some great talent out of here.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One thing to keep in mind, if BC's new coach ran an offense somewhat similar to what their former coach ran we would have one fewer in state kids as part of our incoming class. I love this class but lets not start gushing over the fence just yet.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
They actually referenced putting up the fence around CT tonight at the signing event. I forget who it was that mentioned it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
not long ago the fence wa a dream, were about half way built right now. it will never be a 90% thing, but it has 75% potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom