The diminishing 3 pt percentage for Notre Dame | The Boneyard

The diminishing 3 pt percentage for Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Several weeks ago they were shooting an NCAA leading 44.5%.

Now they are second behind Duke at 40.5%.

So, what happened? A big time team slump. 31-100 for 31% their last 7 games.

Not saying it will continue but right now? Now so good.

They do keep winning.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Interesting breakdown on the team. In conference play McBride, Loyd and Mabrey have taken more than 80% of the threes, with Mabrey getting almost 40%. Loyd is up at a fantastic 47% in conference play and Mabrey has jumped to 42% while McBride down at 30%, but trio's overall average and conference average is around 39%. Lindsay Allen has also remained fairly steady with a 40+%.

The big difference is Madison Cable who was 16-27 in OOC play but is 3-16 in the ACC.

Looks like Mabrey and Loyd are now the two to shut off on the perimeter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Doggy Daddy doing the pre-show homework!

;)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting - I also think it points to the back-loaded nature of their schedule this year - mediocre OOC followed by a month of ACC without playing the top teams.

Reaction Score
Interesting - I also think it points to the back-loaded nature of their schedule this year - mediocre OOC followed by a month of ACC without playing the top teams.
I think that's a huge factor. Outside of Penn State, ND didn't really play anyone until January.

Reaction Score
And overated midlands after that.

There is an almost paranoia here to give ND credit- fearing perhaps that we might jink ourselves. The preferred schedule of all teams is to play light and gradually increase the level until conf. This is what they have done. And they have been playing excellent bb. And is one of the favorites to win it all- they have everything: confidence, personalities and play. Uconn on the other hand had been forced to go top heavy- most of the top teams were very early on- because of a pending very weak bottom/conf schedule, and because the top teams (as pointed out earlier) prefere to concentrate on their conf. (and ranking). (I am well aware that Uconn had, in the past, mixed it's conf play with top teams-- as when they played Stanford X 2/year) This is the one problem I see a need to resolve once LV + RU leave. We will need the usual suspects- Stanford, ND, Baylor, etc to balance out the 2nd half. If we don't there will come noise from the peanut gallery (voters) about the diff between playing a Stanford in Dec. vs a Stanford in Feb/Mar. And if the ACC is (rightly/wrongly) perceived as the strongest conf then playing those playing and winning in that conf during conf play will get more attention. And a ND beating a Duke team for the 2nd time in conf and conf championship will garner more attention then a Uconn/Stanford win over Duke in Jan. Perceptions matter.
As for March madness, unless Uconn and ND begin to have close brushes and some other teams like a UNC, USC or a complete joker from the B10 or smaller conf put together a string of convincing runs the 2 heavies are Uconn and ND, with LV, Stanford and possibly Baylor as alternates. For ex. the impossible becomes possible: both Uconn and ND are trippedup before the final 4. What a Bam Bam that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom