The Conversation On The Herd... | The Boneyard

The Conversation On The Herd...

Reaction Score
the few posters who commented on attendance don’t think we’re bringing any fans. “1,000” and “2,500”.

I’m expecting to see 5-6k.

2,500 would be an embarrassment.

We could get 1,000 to show up by accident.

Reaction Score
Some interesting conversation here before our match up. Some respectful others not so much. Just FYI for our fan base to see what their mind set is and link to check in on.
I will be there destroying my vocal chords along with what I hope will be many more with UCONN chants!!!!

RhinoD said:
This is where Myrtle Beach should capitalize on its demographics... There are plenty of retirees in Myrtle/Conway that would come out for some football (on a good weather day) if you tossed in some shrimp dinner coupons, a pre-game pancake breakfast, etc.

MichiganHerd:
I know a few of those retirees who have moved down to MB (from West Virgina).

Their routine:

Wake up around 5 in the morning, and perform their morning workout, which is walking to the kitchen to get their coffee, and open up the door to let the dog out.

Eat high fiber cereal at 6, drink another cup of coffee, spend an hour in the toilet, and then head out to golf with the rest of the old farts.

Drink two beers after golf, go home for lunch, which consist of a ham sandwich and potato salad. 1 o'clock to 3 o'clock is reserved for sitting in the recliner and napping.

Wake up late afternoon, and constantly scroll through the channels with their remote until dinner time, which occurs right around 5 o'clock.

Eat, workout again by going to the kitchen to get a couple scoops of ice cream, watch the evening news, wheel of fortune, and jeopardy.

Put the teeth in a glass by the bed side table, put on their CPAP mask, and sleep.

Next day, do it all over again.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
RhinoD said:
This is where Myrtle Beach should capitalize on its demographics... There are plenty of retirees in Myrtle/Conway that would come out for some football (on a good weather day) if you tossed in some shrimp dinner coupons, a pre-game pancake breakfast, etc.

MichiganHerd:

Their routine:

Wake up around 5 in the morning, and perform their morning workout, which is walking to the kitchen to get their coffee, and open up the door to let the dog out.

Eat high fiber cereal at 6, drink another cup of coffee, spend an hour in the toilet, and then head out to golf with the rest of the old farts.

Drink two beers after golf, go home for lunch, which consist of a ham sandwich and potato salad. 1 o'clock to 3 o'clock is reserved for sitting in the recliner and napping.

Wake up late afternoon, and constantly scroll through the channels with their remote until dinner time, which occurs right around 5 o'clock.

Eat, workout again by going to the kitchen to get a couple scoops of ice cream, watch the evening news, wheel of fortune, and jeopardy.

Put the teeth in a glass by the bed side table, put on their CPAP mask, and sleep.

Could be worse. You could be retired in Connecticut and have the same routine....only, you're still in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
RhinoD said:

MichiganHerd:

Their routine:

Sounds class to me.

Reaction Score
Taking the Herd with a grain (5 lb. Bag) of salt ever since he "broke" the story of UCONN to the B1G before the onslaught of conference realignment years ago. STILL waiting on that invite.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Taking the Herd with a grain (5 lb. Bag) of salt ever since he "broke" the story of UCONN to the B1G before the onslaught of conference realignment years ago. STILL waiting on that invite.
I think you're confusing this herd (Marshall Thundering Herd forum) with Colin Cowherd, Coach.

Reaction Score
I think you're confusing this herd (Marshall Thundering Herd forum) with Colin Cowherd, Coach.
Yup! Was just a before morning coffee thought when I saw "The Herd" in the title of the thread.. without really perusing the comments.

Reaction Score
That board reminds me a little of the WVU board on Rivals years ago when we were all in the Big East together. That board was pure comic entertainment and the targets where typically Pitt, Marshal and BC. Some of the stuff was hysterical!

Reaction Score
I love these comments. People should drive through Fairfield County and see how how many broke retirees live here. The winter weather is another story.

Can't be certain where you're coming from, but this sounds like a "let them eat cake" rejoinder for those who happen to live in less splendiferous surroundings than Belle Haven or other fashionable principalities of Fairfield County. Like Bridgeport perhaps.........:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Some interesting conversation here before our match up. Some respectful others not so much. Just FYI for our fan base to see what their mind set is and link to check in on.
I will be there destroying my vocal chords along with what I hope will be many more with UCONN chants!!!!
Reminds me when we went to the Motor City Bowl and I was in UCMB. The Toledo kids were mad cocky that they'd blow us out of the water. They got manhandled by us that game.

Reaction Score
Bad link…
Not sure why or what to say. It worked for me yesterday and again today along with it in posts by @jostar1 and @DoctorWho85 .
Without a doubt you know more about it than me but it works here. Thank you for your feedback and endless resource of all things UConn, a treasure that is valued by many.

Reaction Score
Not sure why or what to say. It worked for me yesterday and again today along with it in posts by @jostar1 and @DoctorWho85 .
Without a doubt you know more about it than me but it works here. Thank you for your feedback and endless resource of all things UConn, a treasure that is valued by many.
It wasn't working when you posted it... I can access it today.

008.png

Reaction Score
RhinoD said:

MichiganHerd:

Their routine:

i'd sign for this right now!

Reaction Score
Can't be certain where you're coming from, but this sounds like a "let them eat cake" rejoinder for those who happen to live in less splendiferous surroundings than Belle Haven or other fashionable principalities of Fairfield County. Like Bridgeport perhaps.........:rolleyes:

Not at all, its that people shat on CT like we are poor. I grew up in Bridgeport, in the Hollow on Oak Street, attended Bridgeport Central, thank you, and now live in Fairfield County. I certainly did not grow up eating cake, we were poor, and I worked my ass off to get out of the Hollow. Perhaps yes, you ass-hat. Where did you grow up @Scrutiner ? And take the emoji and stick it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not at all, its that people shat on CT like we are poor. I grew up in Bridgeport, in the Hollow on Oak Street, attended Bridgeport Central, thank you, and now live in Fairfield County. I certainly did not grow up eating cake, we were poor, and I worked my ass off to get out of the Hollow. Perhaps yes, you ass-hat. Where did you grow up @Scrutiner ? And take the emoji and stick it.
CT is a lot like California, very poor and very rich and most of the middle getting closer to poor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom