The Company Holiday Party | The Boneyard

The Company Holiday Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's this time of year- December Party time.

Learned a bit tonight. Went stag and hung out until the top brass left- i.e the young, hardcore no kid crowd was left.

Observations. Ladies- You don't have the body to pull off the Andre The Giant single shoulder dress. No harm, just don't try it.
"Billie Jean", "Don't Stop Believing" and "Sweet Caroline" were all better received tban "Gagnum Style" by the under 30 yr old crowd.
Don't ever do shots of Patron at room temp. Better advice- don't do it ever.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's this time of year- December Party time.

Learned a bit tonight. Went stag and hung out until the top brass left- i.e the young, hardcore no kid crowd was left.

Observations. Ladies- You don't have the body to pull off the Andre The Giant single shoulder dress. No harm, just don't try it.
"Billie Jean", "Don't Stop Believing" and "Sweet Caroline" were all better received tban "Gagnum Style" by the under 30 yr old crowd.
Don't ever do shots of Patron at room temp. Better advice- don't do it ever.
And you posted coherently and not like HFD. You the man!

Reaction Score
That's funny stuff Chin......did you have a partner for Billie Jean or did you kinda just move around by your lonesome watching the young ladies in the single shoulder dresses?:cool:

One thing I will say for those who can't drink the room temp Patron....go for the chilled Cafe Patron with a Bailey's float on it.......called either a Black Cadillac or Baby Guiness, they taste like candy!!!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That's funny stuff Chin......did you have a partner for Billie Jean or did you kinda just move around by your lonesome watching the young ladies in the single shoulder dresses?:cool:

One thing I will say for those who can't drink the room temp Patron....go for the chilled Cafe Patron with a Bailey's float on it.......called either a Black Cadillac or Baby Guiness, they taste like candy!!!

No Bille Jean for me. I did what 40 something year old guys should be doing. I was bellied up to the bar drinking Sam Adams.

As for the Patron, someone else bought the round. I wasn't gonna turn down free shots.

Reaction Score
The best kind of drinks.....free drinks.

:)

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I've never understood the allure of Patron. Tequila should taste like it was distilled in an oil drum by hobos. If you like flavorless liquor drink vodka.

Reaction Score
I've never understood the allure of Patron. Tequila should taste like it was distilled in an oil drum by hobos. If you like flavorless liquor drink vodka.
Disagree strongly, Patron is overpriced like many top lable liquors, but blanco tequila is excellent and very flavorful. I also like more intense (though not out of boots) Tequila's such as Reposado too, but warm Patron is drinkable whereas warm Grey Goose Vodka is mostly flavorless yet mainly disgusting.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Patron Silver fan here!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Like TRest...I don't get the fandom over Patron. At room...not very good. My brother-in-law is a big fan and never has anything else in the house.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Of course, my formative drinking years involved that cheap mezqual and eating the worm, so I generally avoid it unless bought for me (my boss is a big fan and orders it at every firm gathering).

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Anejo es el mejor.

You can drink it neat. I'll take a reposado if they don't have an anejo.

Blanco needs ice and a lime. I'm not above that, but it's the Jack Daniels of tequilas.

As for Patron, it's fine (especially the anejo). They don't deserve their market share but it's not bad. And hey, they introduced premium tequila on a grand scale. And anyone who's not thankful for that is crazy. Order and drink a shot of rail tequila or even Cuervo, and you'll wish you had some Patron instead.

Trivia: Patron was founded by the Paul Mitchell shampoo guy.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Jack Daniels trumps all other beverages of any variety. That and Labbatt's, but I suppose I'm a bit biased as a home on that one. No matter how much I drink, I cannot dance without making an ass of myself. Your average quadriplegic could pull off better dance moves than I can.

Reaction Score

Yes, we all need tequila that tastes like candy.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I don't drink much tequila but I like the bottle of 1800 I bought. Should I try one of the others?

My department's holiday party usually features New England Brewery, wine and no hard alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom