The committee is a joke | The Boneyard

The committee is a joke

Reaction Score
once again UCONN gets screwed!! What's the point in scheduling the toughest out of confrence schedule only team undefeated and they always seem to get the toughest road. U get rewarded by your work!! South Carolina bracket is a joke!! I say screw next season play all cupcakes cause the committee will once again screw our huskies!! Maryland is the best 4 th team out there no way there a 3 seed!! Syracuse is a dangerous team ... West V is the hottest team in the country right now... UCLA has tons of talent ... Makes me sick!! UCONN never gets any respect and the committee wants nothing more then Baylor to get to Dallas $$$$$$$$.

Reaction Score
If it holds our path would be:

Syracuse (rematch of last years national championship, shoot a lot of 3's, programs don't like each other, was projected to be a 6 seed)

UCLA (between the other 4's I say they are stronger than Miami and Kentucky for sure, maybe Louisville too)

Maryland (top 5 team, can score, played us very tough the last 2 games, oh they score, the only way you beat UConn)

Baylor (until the Jones injury most considered this the 2nd best team in the country)

Notre Dame/South Carolina

Usually you get a breather somewhere. . Either 2nd round/Elite 8 or Sweet 16. I don't see it anywhere

Reaction Score
I am so upset about this seeding I probably won't be able to celebrate when we win it all again.....

UConn does not need seeding accommodations....UConn hasn't ducked a challenge all year, why would we fear a challenge now? It will just makes winning it all sweeter. The only team that can stop UConn is UConn.

If some on the BY think UConn got screwed how do you think Duke, Maryland, UCLA, WVU, and Syracuse feel tonight? My guess is their coaches gasped when they saw UConn at the top of their bracket....and with good reason.

Reaction Score
I am more concerned about Iowa State than I am Syracuse. Yeah, they have two people who run up a bunch of numbers, but they play defense only when forced to, and I have complete confidence in Geno out-coaching Hillsman.

As for UCLA, well, they have some talent, but they beat Colorado, Oregon State, ASU, Stanford, Washington at home

Reaction Score
317AFqKY+RL.jpeg

What happened if the players took this attitude? Jeez.... You take on all comers, all the time. That's what makes champions.

Reaction Score
once again UCONN gets screwed!! What's the point in scheduling the toughest out of confrence schedule only team undefeated and they always seem to get the toughest road. U get rewarded by your work!! South Carolina bracket is a joke!! I say screw next season play all cupcakes cause the committee will once again screw our huskies!! Maryland is the best 4 th team out there no way there a 3 seed!! Syracuse is a dangerous team ... West V is the hottest team in the country right now... UCLA has tons of talent ... Makes me sick!! UCONN never gets any respect and the committee wants nothing more then Baylor to get to Dallas $$$$$$$$.

I can't believe all the whining I am hearing about the bracket. Not that tough.

Reaction Score

I say bring em on. This is why Geno scheduled the tough out of conference games. To prepare for whatever comes their way. I agree with you on Maryland though. No way a third ranked team should be a third seed regardless of schedule. If they felt that way, then why ranked them third overall? Even those other teams (Duke, UCLA, WV and even Maryland - no disrespect to them), have talent, they will not beat Connecticut.

Reaction Score
I HATE the timeout on this board.....

I am more concerned about Iowa State than I am Syracuse. Yeah, they have two people who run up a bunch of numbers, but they play defense only when forced to, and I have complete confidence in Geno out-coaching Hillsman. As for UCLA, they have some talent, but they haven't beaten a single quality opponent outside of the PacXX, and those were home wins, not ~3k miles away in front of a hostile crowd. All Iowa State has done all year is make Maalox junkies out of opposing coaches.

Maryland got the 2017 NCAA Compulsory Shaft from the committee, but they have to deal with Temple and Duke/WVU to get to UConn. Hey, we have Shredder on our side.

I do think that Baylor got the easiest bracket....unless DD and the Volettes decide to play ball. No dig on Coach Schaefer, but I think that the VV drama will keep them out of the Final 4.

South Carolina got it bad. They have to travel cross-country, deal with the biggest unknown quantity (Oregon State) and the team that came closest to beating UConn (FSU).

Notre Dame has the toughest all-around region, IMO. All they have to deal with is Stanford, Texas, Ohio State, Kentucky, NC State, and Green Bay. All of those teams are problematic in some way, and can beat anyone on any given day. Frankly, depending on Alexis Jones' knee, Notre Dame is the 1 seed that I don't expect to survive.

Reaction Score
"We got our work cut out for us"- Geno on facebook live about the bracket.

Said Maryland, UCLA, and Syracuse all score a lot of points

Said we would have to beat 3 top 5 teams to win the title which has never happened.

Shame there were upsets last year because we need them to happen this year.

Funny Geno seems to agree with us whiners.

Reaction Score
Probably won't happen, but how about this scenario, Duke beats UConn to reach the FF and shows Azurá that she should not have transferred :)

Reaction Score
Or... Geno is trying to motivate his team by playing the "disrespect" and "uphill struggle" card. "We got our work cut out for us" is tournament speak for the regular season line of "this team needs to get its ass kicked."

On second thought, who are we kidding. Geno would never make public statements to get his team psychologically inspired....especially at tournament time.

Reaction Score
Sorry but uconn has to have the toughest road every year. Nobody but husky nation wants to see uconn win the NC every year. The committee is going to make it as hard as possible for uconn to get to texas.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Said we would have to beat 3 top 5 teams to win the title which has never happened.

I don't blame him. These brackets reflect an intentional attempt to achieve certain desired results. It's pretty obvious the NCAA has decided that UCONN is bad for WCBB, and they will go to any lengths to try and end our reign of terror.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

He is building a mindset to his team that nothing is being given to us, and we have to fight every game to earn it.:mad:

I like the fact (if true?) that we would have to beat 3 top 5 teams to win the title which has never happened since this is a season of doing things that have never been done before. :cool::cool:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It may be unfair based on the simple premise of seeding, but methinks if anything it shows the strength of UConn. The committee knows no one is watching this tourney outside of every single CUonn game play maybe 2 or three other matchups. Also, with the growing narrative that this much success is bad for the sport, they are just trying to set up the goliath for a fight that may finally cause him to break a sweat, because people will tune in for that. Who cares, let them, all it will do is further highlight the dominance of this program, it doesnt matter who you put in front of us, they will be decimated like every other.

Reaction Score
Who did Maryland beat ? moral victories do not count. If they are a top 4 or 5 team they need to prove it on the court. They were punished for playing a pathetic non-conference schedule.

Remember they played a school that had not won a game in 4 years.... who else does that ?

Reaction Score
Come on everyone chill out. There are 3 weeks of 2 game tourneys. We play the first 4 of them at home. We've already beaten all the top teams we will face. To me it just makes it sweeter when we finish off number 5. You think Geno, our coaches and more importantly out players care who we play. Hell no. After all like gabby said this is why they come to UConn.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So, you're saying you'd swap places with South Carolina and allow them to play in Bridgeport while UConn flies across the country to play in Stockton, CA? You can't have it both ways.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom