The CFP | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The CFP

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
It's confusing why anyone would want UConn to remain in what has become of the AAC. Do we really want to playing home basketball games in conference against North Texas and Florida Atlantic because they're "publics"? Outside of a P5 invite, this seems to be the ideal setup for UConn. Good basketball league and match-ups in football against P5 schools both home and away. They tried the AAC and not only did it not work it has gotten worse as a conference. The path back to the Big East has been the only good move the school has made.
The AAC has the top ranked MBB team, multiple teams in football ranked every year, often in the top ten, including Cincinnati top four. The schools you mention not in the AAC.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
WCBB draws nothing in either league outside of UConn. I haven’t seen any of the numbers. But feel free to look them up. I, most CT fans, and the national media appreciate UConn being in the Big East.
Since CT is losing citizens and businesses to the south many thousands of UConn have moved south. I have family members in Florida that would attend games with the Florida schools.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
WCBB draws nothing in either league outside of UConn. I haven’t seen any of the numbers. But feel free to look them up. I, most CT fans, and the national media appreciate UConn being in the Big East.
2 recent NBE conference games with StJohns and DePaul as participants drew less than 1500 total.

Reaction Score
The AAC has the top ranked MBB team, multiple teams in football ranked every year, often in the top ten, including Cincinnati top four. The schools you mention not in the AAC.
The top ranked team that is leaving and being replaced by UNT and UTSA? Silly.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
The top ranked team that is leaving and being replaced by UNT and UTSA? Silly.
That is in the future, is the cause of the departure a result of UCONN leaving first?

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Not true. Most would be all in for games against Oklahoma State and West Virginia. Games against UTSA and North Texas however, are not going excite any fanbase in either football or basketball. Houston found a Fertita brother to pay big money for their coaches in addition to massive institutional support. UConn has the massive school support but not the Fertita type donor to fake it till you make it.
Houston has been a national figure for decades.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
That is in the future, is the cause of the departure a result of UCONN leaving first?
Every team has been trying to flee the sinking ship of the AAC since it's formation

Reaction Score
Rightttt. Those schools are leaving for the P5 and more money because UConn left first. They would have stayed for less money if only UConn stuck around.
You've Exposed yourself here.

Reaction Score
Not arguing with you. But yes MBB is light years better than we would ever have been in the AAC. Football seems to be doing a little better being independent. I know it’s because of the coaching, but it still doesn’t change the fact.
Even Edsall recruited better as an Indy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom