The Candidate | The Boneyard

The Candidate

JS

Reaction Score
So the doorbell rings. Mrs. JS answers it and ends up chatting with someone for nearly half an hour. Later tells me it was a candidate for Town Council, and they really hit it off.

They yapped away about every little thing in their lives while the woman's poor husband strolled around at the end of the driveway, looking at his phone. "Don't worry, " says the candidate. "He's probably watching a Phillies' game."

Somewhere along the way, it comes up that we're fans of UConn women's basketball. The candidate not only knows of the Boneyard, she pulls out her phone and shows pictures of her (multiple) with Geno.

I didn't come to the door, but it was nice to hear a local candidate knows something about women's basketball.

That, as it turns out, was putting it mildly.
A head coach in the NCAA for 38 years. More than Geno, same as Pat Summitt, Muffet McGraw and Jody Conradt.

1630454334620.png

The Candidate

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
For those of us who have been living under a rock, does "the Candidate" have a name?

Reaction Score
STAMFORD, Conn. – Former Fairfield University Women's Basketball Head Coach Dianne Nolan was inducted into the Fairfield County Hall of Fame, commemorating her years of success in the state. Nolan, who served as the Stags' head coach for 28 years, was inducted into the J. Walter Kennedy Community Service wing of the Hall of Fame.

Reaction Score
Diane Nolan, ex - Fairfield U. coach. Currently at Lafayette I believe, but don’t bet the ranch on it.

Color Commentary and Sideline Analyst for Quinnipiac Men and Women ESPN+ Basketball Broadcasts

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Well...the obvious question: did Mrs. JS and Diane chat about anything of REAL relevance?

As in: what's the breakdown on UConn crunch minutes?
Do we get another kid from 2022?
What are our chances with Ciera? Lafayette is in the Ciera ballpark....no?

JS

Reaction Score
Well...the obvious question: did Mrs. JS and Diane chat about anything of REAL relevance?

As in: what's the breakdown on UConn crunch minutes?
Do we get another kid from 2022?
What are our chances with Ciera? Lafayette is in the Ciera ballpark....no?
Good morning, Blake. No, I'm afraid the Mrs. wasn't prepared to ask the really crucial questions. She got that Dianne used to be involved with Fairfield basketball, so I asked if she was tall. When the response was no, I started thinking -- or as Mrs. JS would put it, engaging in unusual behavior.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I remember her during her Fairfield coaching days. There was a time where the MAAC got better-than-you-would-expect TV coverage, a lot of it I think on MSG.

Completely OT to the posts, but it gives one to think about the changing broadcast coverage of our game. On one hand, you could say never better - I still remember when you couldn't watch all the NCAA tourney games, and before conference centric networks giving at least respectable coverage to their teams. OTH, good coverage of the MAAC would be hard to find on broadcast TV now. And while I know the internet has become the place to watch - there are many of us that quite simply don't, and with so much available on the web in some fashion, free or otherwise, I don't know how you would choose to "look in" on the various conferences.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom