The Bracket | Page 10 | The Boneyard

The Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Whoa, Crooks is going off! Nearing a 40 piece.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
86-72 Colorado wins. That Drake comeback the commentators kept promising was coming never did materialize.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
sadtur.jpeg

Reaction Score
Impressive poise by Iowa St. to not fold after the initial onslaught. 40 pts/12 reb for Crooks. Gotta be one of the most productive Tourney games for a Fr. all time.

Nice "Meet Audi Crooks" game for the national audience. The Sunday game of Crooks up against Brinks is the matchup nobody east or west of Iowa knew was something they need to see. Obviously Audi can't go from 40 versus Brinks but she will totally relish the challenge.

At least we Cyclones won't likely see a repeat of Jayne Appel going off for 46 points versus ISU like in 2009. Just known as "The Jayne Appel Game" or the "Jayne Appel Defense Game" among Cyclone fans. We famously, at least among ISU fans, elected to try and stop the rest of the team while not doubling down on Appel as she would "get her points anyway". :eek:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Nice "Meet Audi Crooks" game for the national audience. The Sunday game of Crooks up against Brinks is the matchup nobody east or west of Iowa knew was something they need to see. Obviously Audi can't go from 40 versus Brinks but she will totally relish the challenge.

At least we Cyclones won't likely see a repeat of Jayne Appel going off for 46 points versus ISU like in 2009. Just known as "The Jayne Appel Game" or the "Jayne Appel Defense Game" among Cyclone fans. We famously, at least among ISU fans, elected to try and stop the rest of the team while not doubling down on Appel as she would "get her points anyway". :eek:
Even more than Crooks vs. Brink, it will be fascinating seeing Crooks/Brown vs. Brink/Iriafen.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Beers limped off the floor, then returned to the bench. Didn't play at all in Q4. Beavs held down the fort without her. 73-51 final. I believe a career high 17 for freshman Paurova. Celebrating her 19th birthday w/ her parents and younger sister in the house, all the way from Czech Republic.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Even more than Crooks vs. Brink, it will be fascinating seeing Crooks/Brown vs. Brink/Iriafen.
I was actually more worried about Maryland than ISU because they're a lot more unpredictable and streaky on offense, and you just need to be hot for 40 minutes in March.

ISU plays a lot like Stanford and I think that'll be a really fun matchup - if it happens. (Heyyo woofing gods, I see you!)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Iriafen going to work. Night and day difference ever since Q2 started.

Reaction Score
ISU climbed out of a hole in a big way in 3Q and we have ourselves a tied ball game going into the fourth. I'll say this - both teams have traveled with some great fan and band energy. Stands are mostly empty but it's still fairly raucus.
Sounded like it was on TV.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
After no fouls for 13+ minutes, Brink picked up 2 in about a minute. Both very dubious calls. She was starting to get going w/ 4 blocks, also double digit rebounds already.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I fully expected it. Norfolk State is a great defensive team and exactly the kind of team with speedy, hands guards that disrupts our offense and gets us flustered. I'm taking nothing for granted.
Someone on the Cardboard posted that Stanford drew a tougher assignment then most thought. Although the Trees are up double digits it is a tougher game than the score.

Reaction Score
Only 1 upset out of 16 the first day, if the last two stay as they are now. Louisville the only victim.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Diamond Johnson has several "how in the world did she make that?" shots tonight. She obviously is not the kind of player you would typically find at a school like Norfolk St. She and Wheeler have almost all of their points tonight.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Coulibaly is going wild in the second half and A&M has come storming back after being down double digits against Nebraska.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Epic collapse by Nebraska. Up as much as 17. A&M grabbed a 1 point lead briefly. Nebraska up 2, A&M ball, 1.4 sec left. Inbounding from half court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom