The Boston Globe hates UConn. | The Boneyard

The Boston Globe hates UConn.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
I’ve searched this morning’s Globe site twice and can’t find a mention of our win vs St. Mary’s. Not a single word. Not even a reprint of an AP stringer’s filed story. This a few days after the odious Dan (Shank) Shaughnessy whined that there was no local rooting interest in this year’s tourney.
The Globe DID manage to mention FDU’s loss and the Ole Miss women’s victory though, so there’s that.

Reaction Score
1679320707750.png

Reaction Score
Shaughnessy won't be happy until someone builds a glass wall between Connecticut and Massachusetts, and we folks on the Connecticut side line up with our noses pressed against the glass wishing we could come inside. "Please, please, please let us in so we can root for Boston everything! We're garbage compared to you, O Awesome Ones!" There's no point in expecting anything from him. Hell will freeze over before he sees Connecticut as anything more than Massachusetts' servant's quarters.

Reaction Score
Shaughnessy won't be happy until someone builds a glass wall between Connecticut and Massachusetts, and we folks on the Connecticut side line up with our noses pressed against the glass wishing we could come inside. "Please, please, please let us in so we can root for Boston everything! We're garbage compared to you, O Awesome Ones!" There's no point in expecting anything from him. Hell will freeze over before he sees Connecticut as anything more than Massachusetts' servant's quarters.
Because nothing outside of 495 matters.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
That’s why people who live in CT should root for NewYork teams. The NY media always gives us coverage. Born and raised in CT suburb of Hartford. Most my friends growing up were Boston fans. I was a Yankee and Knicks fan. Not sure why we slat so much to Boston they are less welcoming to folks from CT than NY. And if you really want to see haters if your from CT move to New Hampshire and be called a flat lander in every conversation.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I’ve searched this morning’s Globe site twice and can’t find a mention of our win vs St. Mary’s. Not a single word. Not even a reprint of an AP stringer’s filed story. This a few days after the odious Dan (Shank) Shaughnessy whined that there was no local rooting interest in this year’s tourney.
The Globe DID manage to mention FDU’s loss and the Ole Miss women’s victory though, so there’s that.
Ahhhh, well.

Reaction Score
I encourage all of you in the northern part of CT to come hang with us in Fairfield County. No animosity from NYers or their insufferable curmudgeon writers like Bill Rhoden on the other side of the border.
With the NY stuff, I can almost live with it since NYC is actually like a unique and incredible place. I hate when I hear crap from long island or westchester people though

Reaction Score
Page C8. In the AP write up of all the NCAA Tournament games. I guess the Globe isn't covering the NCAA Tournament because there are no MA teams in it.

Reaction Score
That's not entirely true. Pete Abraham, the Globe's beat writer for the Red Sox, never forgets his roots. He used to be the beat writer for UConn in another lifetime. And he is a good ambassador for the brand, even tweeting out he was glad to see us back in the Sweet 16 last night.

Reaction Score
That's not entirely true. Pete Abraham, the Globe's beat writer for the Red Sox, never forgets his roots. He used to be the beat writer for UConn in another lifetime. And he is a good ambassador for the brand, even tweeting out he was glad to see us back in the Sweet 16 last night.
And Mark Blaudschun, who used to work for the Globe, was another big proponent of UConn hoops. I believe he was at the Final Fours UConn won and covered them for the Globe.

Reaction Score
Look, the BG has bigger sports issues to cover than UCONN's hoops teams competing for national championships.

BC is narrowing in on an NIT invitation any season now. Should it happen, it will certainly be a rare occurrence, and certainly more rare than a UCONN team winning yet another national championship.

Go Eagles!

Reaction Score
We're not really part of the Boston media coverage area, as they've shown in the past. We do get coverage from NY media, especially SNY.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I’m a Pats/Sox fan but I don’t really care about them anywhere near as much as I do UConn. I found that being a “Boston” fan comes with certain stereotypes I prefer not to be a part of. I generally prefer NY fans to Boston fans as far as people go. The Boston insecurity/superiority complex is just too much.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Yeah. I’m a Pats/Sox fan but I don’t really care about them anywhere near as much as I do UConn. I found that being a “Boston” fan comes with certain stereotypes I prefer not to be a part of. I generally prefer NY fans to Boston fans as far as people go. The Boston insecurity/superiority complex is just too much.
They all think they are Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting. Unlike the movie character they are not usually as smart as they think!

Reaction Score
C'mon, all of you know Boston is first and foremost a pro sports town, with successful, relevant franchises in all the major leagues. The Globe will spend ink on the local college programs - the Beanpot Tourney, BC, UMass. They paid attention when UConn made their Final Fours. Really, the Boston broadcast media - TV and radio - more than make up for the newspapers' lack of regional college coverage.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
A tweet is not a story.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom