The Big East, v 4.0 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Big East, v 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Odds UConn cracks 20,000 at home FB games/10,000 at home BB games after next season? 30-1? 50-1?

20,000?? I'll take that bet. We had 35,000 for UMASS last year.

UCF is no worse than USF and we always draw well for USF games. SMU and Houston will probaby be just as good as Rutgers and Syracuse on the football field.

I really don't see a big drop off in the product on the football field. As long as we win the fans will be there. Attendance will be driven by the product UCONN puts on the field.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Big East is the #2 RPI conference this year and it isn't even really trying. I will really miss the basketball league.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I will buy tickets for FB. I will not pay the seat tax however. (donation p/ seat)
Stub hub or scalp

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
So by 2015 we better be B1G or ACC

Reaction Score
Z,

How do you get to 9 schools? Is someone else leaving? I actually want UMass in the league since some school with geographic proximity would be nice, and I do think it could mess with BCU a little. I could take or leave Tulsa.
mess with BC? it would mess with Uconn a lot more.

Reaction Score
ESPN execs must be like Dragline (George Kennedy) from Cool Hand Luke in the fight scene with Luke(Paul Newman), where Dragline beats the crap out of Luke but Luke keeps coming back. Like Newman's character, the Big East just won't stay down. Sure the picking are slim but we'll keep coming back - with nothin', because sometimes nothing is real cool hand.
Oh, I think the Big East is down for good now... We're checking for a pulse now.

Reaction Score
Two reasons for UMass:

1) McMurphy mentioned them and he usually only tells stuff that has already happened, and
2) Market. UMass is the biggest market and fanbase left on the table in terms of lack of competition.

I was just thinking Stony Brook.

Long Island - near Huntington. Closer to NYC than Rutgers. Let's do the Seahawks

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Please stop with the UMass. Making them more than a MAC team would be a mistake an hurt UConn in the long run.

Memphis, Tulsa, UCF, Houston, SMU, USF, Cinci, UConn, Temple and ECU. No Tulane and NO UMass

P.S. I don't like this crap sandwich but it is the best it can do right now.

Just win baby!

Reaction Score
I was just thinking Stony Brook.

Long Island - near Huntington. Closer to NYC than Rutgers. Let's do the Seahawks
you need to stop thinking...
and they're the seawolves. unless you are suggesting the team from seattle.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
UMass is a warm body and I don't know if anyone's looked around lately, but we're in need of warm bodies.

There's no value to be added anywhere, but they're local and, by gosh, think of the gas savings over San Diego State...UMass, the Big East's green alternative! (It's all marketing, I tell you.)

It's a pretty bad basketball conference - UConn and Cincy are something, Temple's marginal, Memphis is toast and the rest are God-awful. And as a football conference, it will make our eyeballs bleed.

I'm gonna head to a bar with Coach K - over beers, he can tell me about how he will miss playing Maryland twice a year and I can tell him about how I miss playing Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Boston College, Miami, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Virginia Tech, Villanova, Providence, Georgetown, St. John's, DePaul, Seton Hall, Notre Dame and Marquette.

Save yourself the airfare down to Tobacco Rd; if you're correct in your guess that Connecticut has no shot at the B1G-time, then we'll be in the same league with Duke, Wake, Cuse, Pitt and Lsvl soon enough. you can buy that hypocrite a beer at Teds when Duke visits Gampel...that league will offer good Basketball but football will still struggle for mediocracy, though it could develop into a viable contender to the Mtn West for the #5 slot....

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
No to Stony Brook - they're a flight risk.

The Seawolves are an AAU school, so of course a couple seasons of Big East success and they'll be off to the B1G in a heartbeat...

Reaction Score
Please stop with the UMass. Making them more than a MAC team would be a mistake an hurt UConn in the long run.

Memphis, Tulsa, UCF, Houston, SMU, USF, Cinci, UConn, Temple and ECU. No Tulane and NO UMass

P.S. I don't like this crap sandwich but it is the best it can do right now.

Just win baby!
I'm not opining on whether I agree with your statement about UMass. It is a common belief here. I do, however, find it ironic that we UConn fans despise BC for doing the same exact thing. If most here believe that BC was dumb to keep UConn out because it would've given them a local rival, then why would we want to stop UMass?

Reaction Score
given where this is all heading or not heading, are we at a point where it might just make sense to throw in the towel on BE4.0 and UConn, USF and Cincy just agree to play in CUSA? Temple could either come along too.

Reaction Score
No to Stony Brook - they're a flight risk.

The Seawolves are an AAU school, so of course a couple seasons of Big East success and they'll be off to the B1G in a heartbeat...

better lock up Tunxis CC now.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
my god, your avatar is like crack - I cannot tear my eyes away.
Here you go:
yoga-1.jpg

Reaction Score
given where this is all heading or not heading, are we at a point where it might just make sense to throw in the towel on BE4.0 and UConn, USF and Cincy just agree to play in CUSA? Temple could either come along too.

NCAA credits and exit fees. So no.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I'm not opining on whether I agree with your statement about UMass. It is a common belief here. I do, however, find it ironic that we UConn fans despise BC for doing the same exact thing. If most here believe that BC was dumb to keep UConn out because it would've given them a local rival, then why would we want to stop UMass?

UMass just moved to BCS and the MAC. UConn took a few years before they landed in the conference they were already in. UMass brings what to the NBE. Okay basketball, sub par football and average at best at everything else but hockey which is not NBE.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter whether we want Tulsa and UMass or not. That is the rumor. Hope its true or hope its false, but don't shoot the messenger.

Reaction Score
Here you go:
yoga-1.jpg

That's certainly nice and all, but it doesn't have the animated up n down movement of the other guy's. This isn't crack, this is more like smoking oregano.

Reaction Score
UMass just moved to BCS and the MAC. UConn took a few years before they landed in the conference they were already in. UMass brings what to the NBE. Okay basketball, sub par football and average at best at everything else but hockey which is not NBE.
uconnbill, I don't disagree with your analysis. I don't think UMass "deserves" a better conference. They are in a conference that has solid basketball, but they've been crap since Calipari left. They can't blame their lack of success on their conference. Also, from what I know (not living in New England), the state of MA has never really supported the school (athletically, academically, infrastructure). That doesn't bode well for future success.

I was only pointing out the irony (or hypocrisy) of those that claim that admitting UMass would hurt UConn because it will allow them to get better, take our recruits, or whatever. It's the same thing BC said about us. You can also find the same attitude on the Syracuse, Rutgers and Pitt board regarding us (now that they are in better conferences). I guess the difference is that BC was caught saying it an institutional, not just fan, level.

Reaction Score

Because we're self-interested hypocrites. Didn't we make that clear?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's certainly nice and all, but it doesn't have the animated up n down movement of the other guy's. This isn't crack, this is more like smoking oregano.
Ah, you meant his signature. The avatar is the same yoga girl. I agree that the Jenke gif in his signature is ...engaging.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom