The Big East and Bowl Eligibility (lol) | The Boneyard

The Big East and Bowl Eligibility (lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So RU and UL are bowl eligible. Cincinnati will clearly be bowl eligible.

To get bowl eligible - Temple will need to beat both Pitt and Syracuse barring a pretty big upset.
USF and Syracuse play an elimination game next week.
UConn is cooked.
Pitt will need 2 out of 3 against Temple/@UConn/@USF

Here is your route to only 3 bowl eligible teams:
Syracuse/Pitt/USF all lose their OOC games to Missouri/Miami/Notre Dame
RU/UL/Cinci only lose to each other
Pitt loses @UConn or @ USF
Temple loses to either @Pitt or to Syracuse

None of the other results matter - that's 3 teams Bowl Eligible from the league. That's not the only combination, but that is a very real possibility. More than 4 is very difficult.

Reaction Score
i'm so bummed about our season that i don't even care how many BE teams get in.
what i do care about is our top 3 teams get in good bowls & win. now that would help the BE in my opinion...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
3 of 8 are locks, a 4th will come from somewhere. half the league isnt good but its not the end of the world. nd will take a non bcs bowl i think so that would be champs possibly? they could hurt our 2nd place team possibly then right?

when u look at it, if both pitt and su dont make bowls, then its 3 of the 6 for sure which isnt bad considering temple is fresh/rebuilding late add to the league. meanwhile wvu/tcu left and bsu coming in. i think the league gets a pass from hate this year in the media, it actually seems that espn and others are like wow, the big east has some good team blah blah.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The league is better off with some top teams - it's really just funny.

Reaction Score
For five years we've had no separation at the top with 2-3 teams usually tied for first with everyone else one game back.
The best thing for this league would be a top 10 team or maybe even two.

Reaction Score
3 of 8 are locks, a 4th will come from somewhere. half the league isnt good but its not the end of the world. nd will take a non bcs bowl i think so that would be champs possibly? they could hurt our 2nd place team possibly then right?

when u look at it, if both pitt and su dont make bowls, then its 3 of the 6 for sure which isnt bad considering temple is fresh/rebuilding late add to the league. meanwhile wvu/tcu left and bsu coming in. i think the league gets a pass from hate this year in the media, it actually seems that espn and others are like wow, the big east has some good team blah blah.

ND won't take anything except to the extent they fill a vancancy that happened to be tied to the Big East.

For all the complaining, the last ND deal was they could take the Orlando bowl once in a four year cycle, and nothing else. Orlando has already chosen them. Thus, the only way they "take" a Big East bowl is if the Big East can't fill it.

That having been said, in all likelihood they will end up in a BCS bowl in any event.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How is ND not going to the BCS. Even if they lose to OU and USC they are 10-2.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Ok State also isn't ND. ND is SEC-like in the fact that they can get into a BCS game with a worse record than other teams. We just haven't seen it in like 15 years or something (not since I've been old enough to care about college football).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Notre Dame went to the Fiesta in 2005 and the Sugar in 2006. Short memories.

Reaction Score
Boise, San Diego State, UCF and Navy will all be bowl eligible.

Edit: UCF has a bowl ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01