The best players in UConn’s history | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The best players in UConn’s history

Reaction Score
Come on now! If any UConn Mt. Rushmore list leaves out Maya, it is suspect to me. She is all-time top 10 in too many categories to count, leading scorer in school history, FOUR-time AP and WBCA AA, 3-time Wade winner, TWO-time Naismith National Player of the Year, TWO-time Natty Champ, was money from day one and NEVER had a slump (according to Geno himself), etc. Class, grace, and a badass player from the minute she stepped onto campus. I love Paige, but how in your ever-loving mind can you think to have Paige over Maya, even when the dust settles. At best, Paige can equal Maya's two Natty (assuming she uses her extra COVID year), she will never reach the other accolades, let alone surpass them, that Maya accumulated. You're entitled to your opinion, but this borders on disrespectful to Maya's legacy! Sheesh!!!
Huh? I didn't leave Maya out. Maya is on the Mt. What I was trying to say (no doubt poorly) is that if Paige (who had the best freshmen year, not just for UConn, but in the history of WCBB. Think about that for a moment.) could duplicate or triplicate her freshman year then she could bump someone off the MT. For the Tina fans, her second half of her career she was fantastic, but early on she was slowed by shoulder problems. If any one gets bumped off the MT. it's probably Sue, and that's unfortunate...

As far as NCs are concerned, let me go on record, I like them. But I think there is only a loose connection between an NC and individual greatness. Sometimes you need to be in the right place at the right time.

Reaction Score
Some players didn't have their dues because of injuries, I think of Nykesha Sales, Sheah Ralph & Svetlana Abrasimova

Reaction Score
And some players like Carla Berube, Jamelle Elliott, Maria Conlon played behind some so wellknown players that they couldn't explode themselves
I would add Laura Lishness in that case
And Peggy Myers for a team not being on a team her standards

Reaction Score
And in the losing early days, before Geno & CD, there were Leigh Curl & Valeria Sirois & Catherine Bochain & Wendy Davis

Reaction Score
Then Peggy Walsh, Kristin Lamb & Debbie Baer, all those one made the program started, just remember their name

Reaction Score
There are so many names to remember in UCONN history that we are to loose some names, now coming is also Megan Pattyson, she was contributing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom