The Baby-Face Killer Speaks... | The Boneyard

The Baby-Face Killer Speaks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Watching those two videos: what a great way to start my Sunday morning. Thank you, Huskies Rule.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mo has the intensity of Shea, Maya, and Kelly, with quickness and speed unlike anyone.

Reaction Score
My favorite Moriah comment was in the first video, when she ran through a litany of things she said she needed to learn and improve upon in order to become "an actual point guard." Lessons learned. You are now the best!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
My conclusion: it is very safe to give the ball to Moriah.

the UCONN machine is in very capable hands ...

ferrari.jpg

Reaction Score
In our house Moriah is our favorite Husky, but rating her with the best will have to wait until April, 2016. It's been a while but Sue still stands alone as a Husky PG for me. Moriah is the better athlete and, in the end, she may be the best player we've ever had at that position, but that coronation will come next spring.

Reaction Score
How does Moriah rank in comparison with UConn PG's of the past: Jenn, Sue, Renee, etc.

I abstain voting until end of upcoming season.

You have got to be kibitzing, Kibitzer. I absolutely love Moriah, and she is unquestionably the best point guard in college ball right now. And in terms of NCAA Championships won she is already ahead of Sue, winning 3 to Bird's 2 (with one more shot for Moriah).

Moriah is only in the embryonic stages of her career and still developing her craft as a point guard. I don't know where Moriah will be in 10 years and the level of greatness she may well achieve, but it isn't fair to compare her to the great Sue Bird. Sue has the complete resume- an incredible career replete with every honor possible in women's basketball:

- 2 time NCAA Championship
- Winner of the Wade, Naismith, Honda, AP POY, 3 time Nancy Lieberman PG of the Year
- 2 time WNBA Champion
- 8 time WNBA All-Star
- WNBA All-Decade Team
- 3 time Olympic Gold Medal winner
- 3 time FIBA World Champion

I Love Moriah, and she is an amazing athlete, but to compare her to the great Sue Bird, right now, is simply impossible.

Last edited:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I simply posed a question about how UConn point guards compare. The only fair comparison is to focus on achievement(s) while at UConn.

We can't fairly make career comparisons (e.g., Sue and Moriah) for at least ten years and by then Crystal and Kia may be in the mix.

Reaction Score
... first as a freshman, then as a sophomore. Her first 3 years have flown by. And she's been simply extraordinary. Old stuff, but for those who have not yet seen it- vintage Moriah.

Why did you have to remind us we only have this year left with her. I love Sue Bird for many reasons--Sue is recognized as the best point guard in the world. Moriah Jefferson brings being a point guard to three higher levels, her speed,her FG percentages, Foul shoot percentages, how she systematically attacks the basket, how she defends even a foot taller player--as a point guard and as a young woman she is AMAZING!!! Please don't leave~~!!!

Reaction Score
I simply posed a question about how UConn point guards compare. The only fair comparison is to focus on achievement(s) while at UConn.

We can't fairly make career comparisons (e.g., Sue and Moriah) for at least ten years and by then Crystal and Kia may be in the mix.

And I did simply say it was impossible, Kibitzer (while exulting in a few of Sue Bird's honors) arggggggggggggggggggggg :rolleyes:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Much as I love Jen and Sue and Rene, AT THIS POINT IN THEIR RESPECTIVE CAREERS, Moriah tops them all. Imho, of course. Shooting average, 3-point average, Assist/TO ratio, defense, general disruption and demoralization of the opposition at both ends of the floor, setting up her teammates; in almost every aspect of point guard play, she is tops.

Reaction Score
While acknowledging the huge impact of "local" East Coast talent (Rebecca, Kara, Sue, Stewie, Stef, Maya, etc.) on UConn's program, it's incredible how the few brave kids who dared come to UConn from furthest away- Diana, Kaleena, and Moriah- the ones who have taken the biggest risk in choosing to live and play in the cold almost 3,000 miles away from home and family- have so profoundly impacted (8 National Championships) the most dynastic program in WCBB history.

- Hopefully Lou will have similar championship experiences. [Are you listening Lauren Cox?]

- With regard to the Moriah v. Sue Bird conversation (based only upon performance at UConn) ... My bad. Reading comprehension was never my strength.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You are correct!! Sue has years of experience in many venues. But if we look at TODAY only, we see a whiz kid BB player.

Reaction Score
You have got to be kibitzing, Kibitzer. I absolutely love Moriah, and she is unquestionably the best point guard in college ball right now. And in terms of NCAA Championships won she is already ahead of Sue, winning 3 to Bird's 2 (with one more shot for Moriah).

Moriah is only in the embryonic stages of her career and still developing her craft as a point guard. I don't know where Moriah will be in 10 years and the level of greatness she may well achieve, but it isn't fair to compare her to the great Sue Bird. Sue has the complete resume- an incredible career replete with every honor possible in women's basketball:

- 2 time NCAA Championship
- Winner of the Wade, Naismith, Honda, AP POY, 3 time Nancy Lieberman PG of the Year
- 2 time WNBA Champion
- 8 time WNBA All-Star
- WNBA All-Decade Team
- 3 time Olympic Gold Medal winner
- 3 time FIBA World Champion

I Love Moriah, and she is an amazing athlete, but to compare her to the great Sue Bird, right now, is simply impossible.

I'm not arguing--but people love to throw the number of National Championships around as some badge of honor for a single player, it is by nature a TEAM game. No one, including DT, has ever won a single Championship alone. Stay fast with the singular accomplishments > It is possible that in 10 years Moriah may surpass Sue in many categories--then too, it's possible she won't. Moriah's tiny frame could be a factor at the next level--I hope not. But it is fair to compare Sue as a College player to Moriah the College player-- I doubt many can project even remotely how Moriah can or will be thought of as a Professional BB player, ignoring her College accomplishments.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
George Bernard Shaw's last two initials speak volumes for the man/writer.

A bit harsh.

I suggest that a strong case could be made for Irish men of letters. My trifecta for greatest of the 20th century would be poet, William Butler Yeats; novelist, James Joyce; and playwright, George Bernard Shaw.

All Irish.

OK, pick a country and name your contenders. And puh-leeze, spare me Ernest Hemingway.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
A bit harsh.E know those of whom you speak--
\

This half Irish married to an Irish former English prof knows those of whom you speak-but OW wooden hit be Loverly!! Never liked him and the phrase attributed to him in the posting is hog wash. The greatest of any profession is in the minds of those anointing them the greatest. There are those who still believe Hitler was a great writer. Mein Camp--no your camp. Fact. I've met some, unfortunately!!

But I still love you--. You and I will share BB candles about 15 july But you are right, it WAS a bit harsh. When I like I like, when I dislike I show it.

Reaction Score
How does Moriah rank in comparison with UConn PG's of the past: Jenn, Sue, Renee, etc.

I abstain voting until end of upcoming season.
Comparisons can be made at any time--even valid reliable comparisons. Should be be comparing Sue at this stage in her career to Moriah , no that would be unfair. But attempting to compare the two as Uconn College players even 3 year to 4 years is valid and fair.

Reaction Score
I honestly feel like Moriah is and will be a better player than Sue Bird....although they're at different points in their basketball career, I'd have to vote for Moriah....her quickness along with her defensive prowess, not to mention her budding offensive game is too much to handle in the college game right now. I have to give props when they're due and Moriah's continued improvement has been a key in keeping UCONN successful, without Moriah, I don't think the UCONN machine runs as smoothly....JMO!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I honestly feel like Moriah is and will be a better player than Sue Bird....although they're at different points in their basketball career, I'd have to vote for Moriah....her quickness along with her defensive prowess, not to mention her budding offensive game is too much to handle in the college game right now. I have to give props when they're due and Moriah's continued improvement has been a key in keeping UCONN successful, without Moriah, I don't think the UCONN machine runs as smoothly....JMO!

Good points. Nice of you to say. I think she has become a dominant player at her position. With all due respect to other great players in the country, I don't know of anyone who does more to impact a game than she does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom