The AP is dead WRONG!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The AP is dead WRONG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Should have gone to Mulkey. She lost 5 of her top 6 players and got her team to the Elite 8. She could have easily gotten UCONN to the Sweet 16!

Reaction Score
She's a deserving winner, of course, but this continues a recent trend whereby Geno has to coach the team to a one-loss or undefeated season to even get named a finalist, let alone win. No other WCBB coach in America gets held to that standard. Pat wasn't. If an undefeated season with multiple 20-plus-point blowouts of Top Ten teams doesn't seal it, he should at least share the award.

Not that he would want to.

Reaction Score
So she deserves to be the ACC coach of the year. Geno has lead his team and at points in time where he only had six healthy scholarship players to an undefeated season. He lost Kelly Faris a defensive juggernaut....
We thought Uconn could go undefeated. Yes, they overcame injury but they have the best Center, 3 pt shooter, Player, and an All American guard. Geno did a great job Nobody said Notre Dame could lose Diggins, start a freshman pg, move to the ACC, beat many top 10 teams, and go undefeated. I have no problem with the choice. I think Kim (losing 4 starters 1 of which made a decent impact) did a great job as well.
In the end it turned out there were only 2 great team and a bunch of good teams that just didn't play good enough team basketball to really compete.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Nobody said Notre Dame could lose Diggins, start a freshman pg, move to the ACC, beat many top 10 teams, and go undefeated.
Undefeated, no, but I thought ND would be better this year without Diggins.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I think Muppet is one of the few coaches that can be named in the same breath as Geno. Having said that, she had 6-7 starters and regular subs coming back and replaced Skyler with the best HS point guard in the country coming in. I thought they would be the 2nd best team in the country this year- hands down. 2 returning superstars and Achonwa, a starting Olympian, and loads of experience in Wright & Braker, and Cable and Mabrey saw lots of playing time prior year also. They were already built for the FF. We have gone to FF without true point guards many times.
Kim Mulkey was the coach of the year IMO, 1 Superstar returning- the only starter returning. And could have beaten ND if in ND in regionals if the officiating was even close to being fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom