The ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 are in discussions about forming an alliance for scheduling and more… | The Boneyard

The ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 are in discussions about forming an alliance for scheduling and more…

Reaction Score

-> While the specifics on how a scheduling pact might work remain unclear, sources in the three conferences suggest the larger goal is alignment so that the Pac-12, Big Ten and ACC can work and vote together on major issues such as College Football Playoff expansion and upcoming NCAA governance changes.

“This is their shot right back at the SEC,” one athletic director said.

All three leagues and their relatively new commissioners are feeling some pressure to respond to the SEC’s aggression after the conference added Texas and Oklahoma as new members starting in 2025. None of the three have expressed serious interest in raiding what’s left of the Big 12, so working together is a logical next step and appears to be the likely outcome. <-

Reaction Score

-> While the specifics on how a scheduling pact might work remain unclear, sources in the three conferences suggest the larger goal is alignment so that the Pac-12, Big Ten and ACC can work and vote together on major issues such as College Football Playoff expansion and upcoming NCAA governance changes.

“This is their shot right back at the SEC,” one athletic director said.

All three leagues and their relatively new commissioners are feeling some pressure to respond to the SEC’s aggression after the conference added Texas and Oklahoma as new members starting in 2025. None of the three have expressed serious interest in raiding what’s left of the Big 12, so working together is a logical next step and appears to be the likely outcome. <-

So yeah the rest of the B12 to the AAC seems to be the next step. Also this is very bad for UConn bc scheduling alliances would leave little room for extra games.

Reaction Score
So we let the Big and ACC know "Hey we are behind what you are trying to do here." It is the right thing to do as the SEC is trying to become NFL jr. Maybe there will still be college football that we can schedule games with in the ACC and BIG.

Reaction Score
So we let the Big and ACC know "Hey we are behind what you are trying to do here." It is the right thing to do as the SEC is trying to become NFL jr. Maybe there will still be college football that we can schedule games with in the ACC and BIG.
We are going to get squeezed hard here and need to get ahead of it somehow

Reaction Score
The B1G plays 9 conference games...if there is a scheduling alliance with other conferences...not much left.

The Indy's need to have an alliance.

Reaction Score
If the MAC ever offered our football team a landing spot take it. Especially with the possibility of a group of 5 champion getting a playoff auto-bid. (If that is ever approved). We would still have 4 non-conference games to schedule P5 teams. Rivals currently has Central Michigan's class ranked one spot ahead of us so maybe we would be able to maintain our current recruiting level. Many Marshall fans miss the MAC, maybe they could be added with us to form a 14 team football league.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bristol has conquered D1 college football (and has them all playing musical chairs over who throws and rushes a ball the best). Does that count for a chanpionship?

Reaction Score
The SEC can strike at the ACC by taking 2 or more teams. Then its the BIG and PAC and I don‘t see the benefit of that alliance. If I were the BIG I would also go after the ACC also. The bottom feeders in the ACC should be worried.

Reaction Score
I think the PAC should be concerned. The BiG could poach 2-4 premier programs, cover an enormous marketplace and offer media coverage across all three time zones. I would think that equates to the SEC in terms of clout.

I would not be surprised to see two conferences each with 20 programs outside the NCAA within the next 10 years.

Reaction Score
I think from top to bottom the Big Ten is still the stronger conference in football, and if you add Notre Dame they definitely are. The final season ending top 25 polls usually have more Big Ten teams in it than SEC schools. Also I think congress will take a look at Texas and Oklahoma leaving the Big 12, before all is said and done. A lot of states will get hurt big time if this happens.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I posted this on the CR board:

The Big 12 is done for. This news just verifies the reality that no one wants any of those schools and the other conferences are looking to squeeze out additional mouths to feed. If anything, UT and OU helped cut 8 seats out of the table so there's more money to go around for the rest of the now P4.

I doubt any of the P4 will toss a life line to any of the remaining Big 12 schools as they bring nothing to the table except another mouth to feed. With this alliance, there's no incentive to add any of the remaining schools.

The only reason to possibly reach out to a school would be one of Texas Tech, Baylor, or TCU. This is ONLY because it gets a game in TX but none of those schools are worth anything so I just can't see it.....

To add to the previous post....I don't see why Congress bothers on this.

Reaction Score
The ACC is vulnerable. Norte Dame may need to be proactive for themselves. Either join the ACC or BIG.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The SEC can strike at the ACC by taking 2 or more teams. Then its the BIG and PAC and I don‘t see the benefit of that alliance. If I were the BIG I would also go after the ACC also. The bottom feeders in the ACC should be worried.

Not so sure that works. The ACC/B12 remnants would be enough quality content to remain a P4 league and possible pass the P12 as the 3rd best league. The P12 champ has been a 4/5/6 or worse in the final rankings most years and while runs similar to those had by USC and Oregon in the past are possible, they won't be the norm when the SEC is taking 2-4 top 10 spots, the B1G taking 2-3, 1 to the ACC, 1 to ND, and 1 currently guaranteed to the G5 leaves only 3 max spots for other leagues.

The good news for them is geography means they will always be viable even if only as a longshot title hopeful. They have enough big brands to not be cut out completely.

Reaction Score
Again, less mouths getting more $$ to jettison as many other mouths to feed is the name of the game. Media moguls want more profit and will literally choke the golden goose to death to get the last golden eggs out. The voracious greed of the conferences plays right into it. Instead of building a thriving national ecosystem of healthy, competitive football that creates wider (not less) interest, they’ll burn it to the ground.

Reaction Score
I posted this on the CR board:

The Big 12 is done for. This news just verifies the reality that no one wants any of those schools and the other conferences are looking to squeeze out additional mouths to feed. If anything, UT and OU helped cut 8 seats out of the table so there's more money to go around for the rest of the now P4.

I doubt any of the P4 will toss a life line to any of the remaining Big 12 schools as they bring nothing to the table except another mouth to feed. With this alliance, there's no incentive to add any of the remaining schools.

The only reason to possibly reach out to a school would be one of Texas Tech, Baylor, or TCU. This is ONLY because it gets a game in TX but none of those schools are worth anything so I just can't see it.....

To add to the previous post....I don't see why Congress bothers on this.
Because all the Big 12 state’s economies, especially Texas cities that are home to other Big 12 schools will take big economic hits. Job losses will be widespread when and if Texas and Oklahoma leave the Big 12. Cities like Fort Worth, Waco, and Lubbock will take huge economic hits, and that’s just Texas.

Reaction Score
"These schools bring nothing to the table" "None of these schools are worth anything" "I don't think any of the P4 will toss a life line" "No one wants any of these schools" "They are done for".

Very healthy state of affairs in college athletics. Beyond bizarre some here seem to enthusiastically admire it and egg it on.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
The final season ending top 25 polls usually have more Big Ten teams in it than SEC schools.
That is incorrect. I looked at the college playoff years, and its close but SEC has more. Add in Texas and Oklahoma and it's not close. SEC is much deeper.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom