That was just an outstanding performance | The Boneyard

That was just an outstanding performance

Reaction Score
This game reminded me of UConn destroying UT in the 2002 Final Four. The Huskies could do no wrong and the machine was firing on all cylinders. SC didn't play too poorly most of the game but UConn was just that much better. An outstanding performance all around. The Huskies are on a mission.

Reaction Score
Man did Crystal have a game to remember tonight - so happy for her. Megan had some great minutes. Talk about sharpshooters - 1st half was amazing. Gabby as usual was poetry in motion. Lordy, they were all so wonderful to watch.

Reaction Score
Each and every player just put on one of the most amazing games that I can remember.
Kudos to the UCONN women!
Simply a thing of beauty. Wish they could bottle it and just pop the cork when needed. Going to be tough to match that performance.

Reaction Score
The pregame nerves many of us expressed this morning paid off in a beautiful game. As I mentioned my wife has a hard time watching a tense game (closer that 20 mov, and she has to leave the room). And she was comfortable in the tv room with me the whole game!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
My wife and I got to the game early
the kids seemed too easy going; I was really worried

Mei noted that Crystal hit 6 in a row from the 3-point line in practice; carried over to the game.

What a masterpiece; put me quickly at ease.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This game reminded me of UConn destroying UT in the 2002 Final Four. The Huskies could do no wrong and the machine was firing on all cylinders. SC didn't play too poorly most of the game but UConn was just that much better. An outstanding performance all around. The Huskies are on a mission.
What we BY-ers want is to do the same to y'all. Just sayin'.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My wife and I got to the game early
the kids seemed too easy going; I was really worried

Mei noted that Crystal hit 6 in a row from the 3-point line in practice; carried over to the game.

What a masterpiece; put me quickly at ease.
Geno has addressed this many times. This team is just a bunch of calm, goofy, easy going players. Never too high or low. It's just the way they are.

Reaction Score

Great point. Didn't even think about that. That 2002 game was textbook on playing a game to perfection.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Geno has addressed this many times. This team is just a bunch of calm, goofy, easy going players. Never too high or low. It's just the way they are.

If you watched at the beginning of the telecast ESPN showed Kia and Gabby in the pregame warm ups. Kia was so relaxed and goofy while Gabby was singing along to a song. That is great leadership trying to make sure everyone is cool, calm, collected, and ready to play.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
SC's perimeter presence is non-existent. That's why they lose to us so badly; one dimensional offense through the bigs just doesn't cut it against us.
Watching the game at TUC, it was almost painful to see the SC guards refusing to shoot the ball from 20 feet when UConn went to a zone defense and packed it in the paint.

Reaction Score
My only concern is did Gabby get her 1Kth rebound? I heard one of them say she only needed one more and after several watches I don't think she got one. Or did I miss it?

Reaction Score
My only concern is did Gabby get her 1Kth rebound? I heard one of them say she only needed one more and after several watches I don't think she got one. Or did I miss it?
According to UCONN's website ...Gabby has 997 rebounds.

Reaction Score
It is a reminder to folks like me of how much Crystal means to this team. She is not the toughest player on the team (I'd givethat to Kia). She is not the most athletic (that's Gabby,, of course). She's not the best shooter (That's Lou), she does not have the best combination of inside-outside, and she does not have an increasingly important inside presence (That's Z).

After the performance in the SC game, I am starting to believe that what she is is the straw that stirs the drink. Without her, UConn does not operate as effectively, as efficiently, as intimidatingly. She makes them go at a different level.

Reaction Score
It is a reminder to folks like me of how much Crystal means to this team. She is not the toughest player on the team (I'd givethat to Kia). She is not the most athletic (that's Gabby,, of course). She's not the best shooter (That's Lou), she does not have the best combination of inside-outside, and she does not have an increasingly important inside presence (That's Z).

After the performance in the SC game, I am starting to believe that what she is is the straw that stirs the drink. Without her, UConn does not operate as effectively, as efficiently, as intimidatingly. She makes them go at a different level.
I agree, the offense functions much better with her at the point because of her speed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom