That Samuels family is pretty special | The Boneyard

That Samuels family is pretty special

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We know about big sis, Qadence. Younger sis, Qandace, is a freshman player of interest. A third Q, sophomore Qayden, is putting up big numbers for Bishop McNamara. Hey, Danny Hurley!

8898FEF8-6CBD-40DE-94F9-01D6643F4D40.jpeg

Reaction Score
Me too, and no "u" after the Q. That was never a thing back in the day, but we're not in Kansas anymore. Love our Q, and I believe she will step up "qhugely" in Aubrey's absence, The Q's are quite the ballers!
I may be wrong, but I believe the absence of the letter “U” forces the “Q” to be pronounced similarly to the letter “K” or “C”. So Qadence sounds like Kadence/Cadence, Qandace sounds like Candace/Kandace, and so on.

Reaction Score
I may be wrong, but I believe the absence of the letter “U” forces the “Q” to be pronounced similarly to the letter “K” or “C”. So Qadence sounds like Kadence/Cadence, Qandace sounds like Candace/Kandace, and so on.
You got me thinking about that ( snow day today with not much to think about after the G-Town game.) so I did a bit of research on it. Everything I found explained the U following the Q goes back to the Latin. The Q is pronounced in the English language as the /kw/ sound (as in quick, queen). Couldn't find anything about just the Q as the "K" or "C" sound. However, the last couple of decades has seen a change of the use of the normative English spelling in names; think Dru/Jru for Drew, there are thousands of them today. Just making up a spelling is now the norm. Fun fact, the letter Q is the second least frequently used letter in the English language (0.1%) after Z!

Reaction Score
You got me thinking about that ( snow day today with not much to think about after the G-Town game.) so I did a bit of research on it. Everything I found explained the U following the Q goes back to the Latin. The Q is pronounced in the English language as the /kw/ sound (as in quick, queen). Couldn't find anything about just the Q as the "K" or "C" sound. However, the last couple of decades has seen a change of the use of the normative English spelling in names; think Dru/Jru for Drew, there are thousands of them today. Just making up a spelling is now the norm. Fun fact, the letter Q is the second least frequently used letter in the English language (0.1%) after Z!
Nice research

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom