That loss hurt | The Boneyard

That loss hurt

Reaction Score
Probably the first time this season that I haven't been apathetic after a loss. That's a good thing and a bad thing, but mostly a good thing. When you feel frustration after a loss, that means you have a good team. We're not good yet, but we're getting there...or, at least we're getting to the point that we're tragically flawed instead of just bad. Speaking of:

- It's been beaten to death with Purvis, but it wouldn't be that way if he didn't have ability. I don't want to say you can't win with him, but I don't know what else to say. It's not that he's being asked to do too much because he's not. If this team had last years Rodney Purvis they're probably 12-5 right now.

- Brimah is of that same ilk, though his problem seems to be his ability to stay on the court. Clearly, he is not reliable, and it's hard to win when your best players aren't reliable. Different time, different place, he's probably a part of a killer platoon unit on a better team. It's about match-ups with him. Govan got the better of him today.

- Jackson is a completely different player than he was earlier in the season.

- Adams has been extraordinary, just complete control of the game the last couple.

- It's not a coincidence that we get worse rebounding when Brimah doesn't play. Even if he doesn't grab the rebound, he soaks up bodies.

Ultimately, though, for as much as you can get on Purvis, we lost that game on defense. Just too many mistakes to go around, and Georgetown made shots. You have to give them some credit, they're a solid team that played well. They would beat a lot of teams with an effort like that.

Reaction Score
Probably the first time this season that I haven't been apathetic after a loss. That's a good thing and a bad thing, but mostly a good thing. When you feel frustration after a loss, that means you have a good team. We're not good yet, but we're getting there...or, at least we're getting to the point that we're tragically flawed instead of just bad. Speaking of:

- It's been beaten to death with Purvis, but it wouldn't be that way if he didn't have ability. I don't want to say you can't win with him, but I don't know what else to say. It's not that he's being asked to do too much because he's not. If this team had last years Rodney Purvis they're probably 12-5 right now.

- Brimah is of that same ilk, though his problem seems to be his ability to stay on the court. Clearly, he is not reliable, and it's hard to win when your best players aren't reliable. Different time, different place, he's probably a part of a killer platoon unit on a better team. It's about match-ups with him. Govan got the better of him today.

- Adams has been extraordinary, just complete control of the game the last couple.

- It's not a coincidence that we get worse rebounding when Brimah doesn't play. Even if he doesn't grab the rebound, he soaks up bodies.

Ultimately, though, for as much as you can get on Purvis, we lost that game on defense. Just too many mistakes to go around, and Georgetown made shots. You have to give them some credit, they're a solid team that played well. They would beat a lot of teams with an effort like that.
I'm a big Purvis guy, but his defense was suspect at best in the second half today. He was awful on both ends. He'll get it together yet

Reaction Score

Purvis made all the wrong plays at all the wrong times. I don't blame Brimah because I thought we were fine without him. Rodney is the reason we lost this game. That and the fact t that we couldn't get Vance any shots in the 2nd half.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Purvis made all the wrong plays at all the wrong times. I don't blame Brimah because I thought we were fine without him. Rodney is the reason we lost this game. That and the fact t that we couldn't get Vance any shots in the 2nd half.
Yeah, don't blame AB because he can't stay in the game
fine without him in your eyes? - if he stayed in more positive things could have happened
JV didn't work hard enough in the second half to get his shots - he needs to become mobile - that being said, JV has grown up plenty and KO will help him understand how important it is for him to keep moving - probably the first time all year any team paid special attention to him - a compliment to his production
It was KF who didn't get any shots in the 2nd half
Not even going to comment on RP because you can't wait till he leaves Storrs - that's sad

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Yeah, don't blame AB because he can't stay in the game
fine without him in your eyes? - if he stayed in more positive things could have happened
JV didn't work hard enough in the second half to get his shots - he needs to become mobile - that being said, JV has grown up plenty and KO will help him understand how important it is for him to keep moving - probably the first time all year any team paid special attention to him - a compliment to his production
It was KF who didn't get any shots in the 2nd half
Not even going to comment on RP because you can't wait till he leaves Storrs - that's sad

Jance Vackson?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom