Thank you, Saniya Chong | The Boneyard

Thank you, Saniya Chong

Reaction Score
Thank you, Saniya. Thank you for four years at UConn. You finally got your chance to shine this year and you certainly did.

Don't listen to all the junk on here. This was a team loss, just as the thirty-six wins were team wins. I'm so glad you chose UConn and I've often wondered how you survived a recruiting class of one. Where did you turn when you needed support your freshman year?

You survived and advanced and grew on offense and defense and have become a complete elite player. Bravo! Best of luck in the league.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
AR-161119663.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667

Reaction Score
Amen!! Great write up. Thank you, Saniya for your grace and smile. Thank you for four years of representing the program in the proper fashion. You have made us alumni proud. Well done young lady and we wish you the best. Once a Husky always a Husky.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Saniya, Congrats on a great senior year! You were an indispensable part of the team's success this year. We don't get to the final four without you. Watching you become a confident, comfortable player was one of the highlights of the season.

Reaction Score
Still LOVE Saniya but hoped they would win it all in her final year.

Good luck in the WNBA et al...

Reaction Score
She showed her true grit by plugging through 3 years of disappointment to put it all together and become one of this years best point guards in WCBB!
Her finishing in the top 3 for assist to turnover ratio is quite an accomplishment!

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
Thank you Saniya for sticking with UConn, and being a major factor in your senior year.

808 points!
308 assists!

And more national championships than losses!

Reaction Score
Forget about the last shot. Looking at the film, you had a clear lane on the left side of the bucket but William slipped a screen and got in your way otherwise 2 points and the lead

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Great season and, apart from the last play, a great final game. Hopefully that's not what she's remembered for, or not what she herself remembers about this year or her UConn career.

Hard for her not to be.

That was basically WBB's version of Chris Webber.

25 years later it's still what he's remembered for.

Reaction Score
Thank you, Saniya. Thank you for four years at UConn. You finally got your chance to shine this year and you certainly did.

Don't listen to all the junk on here. This was a team loss, just as the thirty-six wins were team wins. I'm so glad you chose UConn and I've often wondered how you survived a recruiting class of one. Where did you turn when you needed support your freshman year?

You survived and advanced and grew on offense and defense and have become a complete elite player. Bravo! Best of luck in the league.

If Saniya or her friends etc read this (they shouldn't) that she/they should read your thread---thank you.

I agree Chong got a bad deal and worse PR--she finally got a chance prove everyone WRONG.

You are certainly correct --that Saniya has nothing but respect and admiration for a great year---the last shot
advised or not was within the flow of the game--it WAS a TEAM/Coaching loss---3 free throws (that Uconn normally makes (No Miss St defense here) or 2 2pointers and Uconn wins----
People other than Saniya who normally make open shots missed them---you have to ask the fans, including me,
could I have done better under the circumstances---most likely NOT. I don't know how Geno/Shea et al
could have prepared these kids for this mental collapse--.
I don't feel bad for me---I hate for our girls to have done so well/exceeded expectations and went home
crying---that hurts me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom