Thank You Jalen Adams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thank You Jalen Adams

Reaction Score
Can you show me where I said he is one of the greatest Huskies of all time?
To blame the reason on the players around him & the coaching staff is poor analysis to me. The great players are great no matter what the environment is, that’s what makes them great & not just good or above average. Jalen never showed the leadership quality or the talent of those great players, if he did, we could actually be having a much different conversation about Jalen & the Huskies & a much different outlook on the current state of the program.

Reaction Score
Jalen was a talented but frustrating player to root for. He could go to his right and eurostep his way to some incredible baskets, was an excellent pull up midrange scorer, and was unselfish with the ball. Unfortunately he was the same player as a sophomore as he is today; careless with the ball, inconsistant from 3, and easily defended if pushed to his left. As well as being the 8th highest all time scorer at Uconn I don't think anyone in the last 20 years has lost as many games while playing major minutes for the Huskies. While that wasn't all his doing, I for one am happy to turn the page.

Reaction Score
If he hadn't stuck around all four years we'd have about 10 wins in total since 2016.

I'll always wonder what kind of player he'd have been for us if he'd been around during the Calhoun years, or for more than one year under Hurley.

We'll see him in the League.
Amen to that. He could've easily decided to bail and he stuck it out through the tough times and was proud to wear the UConn jersey. I am proud of him and wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Reaction Score
Jalen was a talented but frustrating player to root for. He could go to his right and eurostep his way to some incredible baskets, was an excellent pull up midrange scorer, and was unselfish with the ball. Unfortunately he was the same player as a sophomore as he is today; careless with the ball, inconsistant from 3, and easily defended if pushed to his left. As well as being the 8th highest all time scorer at Uconn I don't think anyone in the last 20 years has lost as many games while playing major minutes for the Huskies. While that wasn't all his doing, I for one am happy to turn the page.

I've met people who insist that UConn doesn't have the worst fans in all of college sports (outside the southeast and the sandy sates, which honestly are not part of modern civilization), but then you see a post like this on the day a four year player plays his last game, in a thread clearly titled so people can appreciate his effort, and what can you do but laugh.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
To blame the reason on the players around him & the coaching staff is poor analysis to me. The great players are great no matter what the environment is, that’s what makes them great & not just good or above average. Jalen never showed the leadership quality or the talent of those great players, if he did, we could actually be having a much different conversation about Jalen & the Huskies & a much different outlook on the current state of the program.
You clearly still have not read my post clearly. Because I said he COULD've gone down as an all time great with the right situation around him. He had that type of ceiling coming out of high school. But he didn't end up becoming an all time great.
Replace Jalen with Ray, Kemba, Rip, Shabazz or Kemba and that would not have even saved this team. Not even close. All of those guys had much better teams around them. Like miles better. And yes, they were also better players than Jalen.
Jalen surely carries some of the load of responsibility for not reaching his full potential. But having poor players and no coaching around him for 2+ years is a large part of the blame. I'm not sure how you can say that is poor analysis, because that is exactly what happened. And he still became one of the top scorers in UConn history. We are much worse off these last 4 years without Jalen.

Reaction Score
You clearly still have not read my post clearly. Because I said he COULD've gone down as an all time great with the right situation around him. He had that type of ceiling coming out of high school. But he didn't end up becoming an all time great.
Replace Jalen with Ray, Kemba, Rip, Shabazz or Kemba and that would not have even saved this team. Not even close. All of those guys had much better teams around them. Like miles better. And yes, they were also better players than Jalen.
Jalen surely carries some of the load of responsibility for not reaching his full potential. But having poor players and no coaching around him for 2+ years is a large part of the blame. I'm not sure how you can say that is poor analysis, because that is exactly what happened. And he still became one of the top scorers in UConn history. We are much worse off these last 4 years without Jalen.
Sounds good...

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I don't agree with this.
"Saved the team" is a broad term, I guess. Would they make the team better? Of course.
But does replacing Jalen with Kemba make Tarin Smith become as good as Shabazz? Or Vital become as good as Jeremy Lamb? Or Sid Wilson become Roscoe? Or Polley become Giffey? Or Carlton become as good as Oriakhi?
Does it even make us an NCAA tournament team? Idk, I'm guessing not.

Reaction Score
So that's a no?

Reaction Score

Without Jalen Adams we woudnt have won 10 games this year not 10!!!!

Reaction Score
Thanks Jalen. I still remember Mike Patrick and Len Elmore calling the 4OT Cincinnati game his freshman year saying that you could tell he would be the next big star at UConn. I'm not going to make the distinction that he was or wasn't, but I'm damn happy he was a UConn husky. From that 62 footer, to going off against Oklahoma State, or the Temple game winner, he was a husky throughout.

Was sad to see him check out for the last time today. Could've left for greener pastures, but didn't. A lot of things could be said, but I'm just gonna leave it at this,

Thank you, Jalen Adams.

Reaction Score
Jalen,a quality player and person. Hope he has a great pro career.

Reaction Score
Thank you Jalen for sticking it out for 4 years and being here in year 1 of the Hurley regime, when we do turn it around you will be the one who got it started. Sad to see his career end this way, he will have a sucessful basketball career hopefully on winning teams, he deserves better.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You mean like LeBron in LA? Nah man, if you have lackluster coaching, and less than lackluster teammates, it's hard to develop and shine. Especially at the college level.

Reaction Score
I have always been a huge Jalen supporter so it saddens me to see his last memory of UCONN be this game. Definitely in my top 5 UCONN players of all time. Jalen we will sorely miss you next year. Good fortune on your basketball future and hopefully NBA one too!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom