Texas vs TCU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Texas vs TCU

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Aston quote: "We played in spurts. ... Really good in some spurts and disinterested in some spurts."

How can a top tier team be disinterested at this point in the season?
Just a theory. There may be a problem with team chemistry in Austin, TX. They've got a bunch of McD AA's who are all looking for PT. I thought that Holmes coming back would make the Longhorns a better team, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm sure we'll all have a much better idea of what's up with TX after Monday night.

Reaction Score
Is it possible for y’all to disparage Texas without disparaging Tennessee too? Thanks.
Tennessee won that game...remember?

That request is so in order. The tone and manner is so polite. It made me chuckle.
Welcome undercovervol!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
That Texas team if finally going to knock Baylor off its perch this season, right? If people keep predicting it I assume it will be true some day.

Like Mulkey said, there is no new sheriff in town.
And that new sheriff is TCU. Ha,ha,ha. Just kidding.

Reaction Score
Where is the Texas Fan at? I commented in another thread how post play is what is hurting them and she disagreed and argued with me on it. If it is not post play then what is it? She said Caron- Goudreau is better than Lang. I deff don't see it at all. Then why after only losing Lang and Taylor do they seem to be worse this year? I seriously thought this may be the year BU shares the regular season crown or comes in 2nd. However, I feel like they have just as big of a chance to win it this year like they have in the past. Texas has sooo much talent, but something isn't translating. I know Holmes isn't playing like herself, but you have Boothe and White to help where she is lacking and yet that isn't working. Still scratching my head.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Just a theory. There may be a problem with team chemistry in Austin, TX. They've got a bunch of McD AA's who are all looking for PT. I thought that Holmes coming back would make the Longhorns a better team, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm sure we'll all have a much better idea of what's up with TX after Monday night.
Problems with so called "chemistry" are always, in my mind, directly attributable to the coach. Do these players play well together? Well, you should have had enough of an eye to recruit players that play well with others. Do these players want to play well together? Well, you've a large enough bench to put the players on the floor that want to play well together. No, I see a team that isn't disciplined enough to execute, not conditioned enough to play with pace for the full 40, not fearless enough to say damn the consequences we are playing hard, not understanding enough to make good decisions, and not enough leadership to demand all of the above.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
In a recent Texas broadcast an announcer said that Texas has TEN McDonald's all-americans, while Mississippi State last year had none.

I enjoy watching Texas play usually, but they're painful at times. And I agree with previous posts -- their offensive strategy most often seems to be stand around for 20 seconds and then try to make a one-on-one play.

Reaction Score
Problems with so called "chemistry" are always, in my mind, directly attributable to the coach. Do these players play well together? Well, you should have had enough of an eye to recruit players that play well with others. Do these players want to play well together? Well, you've a large enough bench to put the players on the floor that want to play well together. No, I see a team that isn't disciplined enough to execute, not conditioned enough to play with pace for the full 40, not fearless enough to say damn the consequences we are playing hard, not understanding enough to make good decisions, and not enough leadership to demand all of the above.
Living in TX, see many UT women's basketball games and still cant figure out if its the coaching or the guards. I do think conditioning is a small but consistent issue every year. One point guard who consistently took charge would seem a major step in the right direction.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Living in TX, see many UT women's basketball games and still cant figure out if its the coaching or the guards. I do think conditioning is a small but consistent issue every year. One point guard who consistently took charge would seem a major step in the right direction.

Are you saying that McCarty is not a take-charge PG?

For the record, I've seen her take many charges.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Where is the Texas Fan at? I commented in another thread how post play is what is hurting them and she disagreed and argued with me on it. If it is not post play then what is it? She said Caron- Goudreau is better than Lang. I deff don't see it at all. Then why after only losing Lang and Taylor do they seem to be worse this year? I seriously thought this may be the year BU shares the regular season crown or comes in 2nd. However, I feel like they have just as big of a chance to win it this year like they have in the past. Texas has sooo much talent, but something isn't translating. I know Holmes isn't playing like herself, but you have Boothe and White to help where she is lacking and yet that isn't working. Still scratching my head.

Boothe is going to have to get in shape to be a contributor in big games where she is needed for significant minutes.

JordyG

Reaction Score
That's like saying "she can't sing, but at least she thought she could."
My friend, the dominant characteristic I've seen of most freshmen in most CBB programs is their lack of discipline which generally shows as a lack of consistency. Taking offense to someone calling your freshmen undisciplined from my view is a homers view. I'm surprised since clearly you're a Baylor/Texas fan. Calling them fearless however is something few freshmen are. Just take a look at UConn's freshmen year after year. Or Baylor's. Or Texas'. Or most programs around the country. You should perhaps take your compliments where you find them.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Boothe is going to have to get in shape to be a contributor in big games where she is needed for significant minutes.
Something I said about her when she was in HS. I also said I wanted to be there when she realizes she wasn't the best athlete in the gym, nonetheless the the best in WCBB. Now that Joyner is there, a far better athlete than Boothe, her minutes are going to be limited. I think I smell a Boothe 2019 transfer coming.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Something I said about her when she was in HS. I also said I wanted to be there when she realizes she wasn't the best athlete in the gym, nonetheless the the best in WCBB. Now that Joyner is there, a far better athlete than Boothe, her minutes are going to be limited. I think I smell a Boothe 2019 transfer coming.

She can certainly transfer somewhere with a better coach, but she'll be hard-pressed to find a program where she doesn't need to be in shape. ;)

JordyG

Reaction Score
She can certainly transfer somewhere with a better coach, but she'll be hard-pressed to find a program where she doesn't need to be in shape. ;)
Amen to that.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
That's like saying "she can't sing, but at least she thought she could."

Or you can think of it like "She doesn't have a great voice, but she's a great singer," like Bob Dylan or Tom Waits. (And I really mean it that Dylan and Waits are great singers, I can't quite come up with a female equivalent.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom