Texas Tech big game | The Boneyard

Texas Tech big game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Today's game at 11am against Texas tech is big. We would be 2 -1 for the weekend and can get to .500 at 3 - 3. We have 19 non conference / non New England games this year. Hoping to get at least 11 wins from those games. Today is definitely winnable.

Reaction Score
Rain delay. Texas Tech will remain in Fla until Monday. UConn's flight back isn't until 9PM. They will make every attempt to get this game in today.

Reaction Score
Any expected start time? On tv the Yankees game in Tampa and its not raining and at Daytona its not raining. Orlando is between those two, strange?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Offensive derpfest. If UConn wants to make the tourney as an at-large, it MUST win these kinds of games.

Reaction Score
UConn wins 1-0 in 11 inning pitching duel. Brian Ward goes 7 strong innings. I was surprised to see Tabakman come in to replace Moore to close it out, but it worked out.

In other news, they said during the WHUS broadcast that Stanley Paul dislocated his thumb trying to steal third base in the Troy game yesterday. They did not give a timetable on how long he might be out.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
All three of our wins are quality, with the best one coming against Troy. Makes me wonder about those bizarre losses to Purdue...

I wanted 4-2, but 3-3 is hardly debilitating for this point in the season with all the young guys in the line-up. Need to keep having 2-1 weekends from here on out...

BTW, we are 5-0 against the current Big 12 dating back to last year.

Reaction Score
UConn wins 1-0 in 11 inning pitching duel. Brian Ward goes 7 strong innings. I was surprised to see Tabakman come in to replace Moore to close it out, but it worked out.

In other news, they said during the WHUS broadcast that Stanley Paul dislocated his thumb trying to steal third base in the Troy game yesterday. They did not give a timetable on how long he might be out.
Also surprised he took out Moore, but can't argue with the outcome. Good to see Ward pitching well, that will be a big plus if he can continue to regain his form. It was a point of concern for me at beginning of year, but the bullpen has been fantastic.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm excited that Ward is off to a good start because after his Fr year and that big win in the regional (I think it was him against Clemson) I thought we would be worrying about if he was going to leave school early. Hopefully this creates some good momentum and he can keep it rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom