Texas is uNdeRmAnNed | The Boneyard

Texas is uNdeRmAnNed

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Over the years, I found that nobody cares if your team is down a man or two so I stopped caring about the other team's problems. My favorite was when we beat Florida in 2013 it didn't count because they were missing a star. When we played them again in the FF with the star, we beat 'em worse. I still don't know who they were talking about.

Reaction Score
Great teams find a way to win when good players are missing. We were missing 2 lotto picks and did exactly that.

Texas had chances to win this game and didn't because our guys played together, we adjusted to their pressure, etc. It isn't about missing Shendrick.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Over the years, I found that nobody cares if your team is down a man or two so I stopped caring about the other team's problems. My favorite was when we beat Florida in 2013 it didn't count because they were missing a star. When we played them again in the FF with the star, we beat 'em worse. I still don't know who they were talking about.
Lol they were missing Kasey Hill and Chris Walker, "stud" freshmen who both ended up being complete busts at both the college and professional levels.

Reaction Score
Texas was tuff. They hung in there. We needed that. And then we held them off.

Reaction Score
It’s okay to acknowledge that we won but they were missing more firepower than we were

I’m sure the Texas players and coaches expected to win that game without Shredrick and Disu. Just like we expected to win without Castle

The computers will love this win later in the season when Texas starts destroying people, and the selection committee will be sympathetic for their losses without key guys

It was a great game. We won. Everything’s fineeeeee

Reaction Score
It’s okay to acknowledge that we won but they were missing more firepower than we were

I’m sure the Texas players and coaches expected to win that game without Shredrick and Disu. Just like we expected to win without Castle

The computers will love this win later in the season when Texas starts destroying people, and the selection committee will be sympathetic for their losses without key guys

It was a great game. We won. Everything’s fineeeeee
Castle and a sick Clingan is a lot of firepower.

Where just deeper than most teams so when we’re undermanned we still look good

Reaction Score
Lol they were missing Kasey Hill and Chris Walker, "stud" freshmen who both ended up being complete busts at both the college and professional levels.
Which one had the tongue tattoo on his neck?

Reaction Score
Yeah, we get it. Texas was without two contributors. UConn was without one of the best freshmen in the country. Stop making excuses.
First, let's give the Texas team they "did" have, credit. Never mind who was missing.

Second, there is a lot of recency bias when Texas fans bring up their missing players. Shedrick claim to fame was the night before vs Louisville where he had career high's. Disu, before his injuries, was outstanding the year before, when it mattered. However his career stats do not match that. Of course stats do not capture all of reality.

It is like UConn fans making excuses that Samson Johnson was not available if we were to lose to Kansas next week, while pointing to his performance last night. Small samples of dominance does not imply consistency.

Reaction Score
Texas and Notre Dame continuously perform the least considering their resources

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
The other thing to consider: Shedrick was likely held out (as a precaution) because Clingan would have been a very physical matchup. This is a guy who is averaging about 19 minutes a game prior. They don't get an asterisk because they chose to avoid the problems we present. It wasn't like the guy was out from a lingering high ankle sprain.

Reaction Score
The other thing to consider: Shedrick was likely held out (as a precaution) because Clingan would have been a very physical matchup. This is a guy who is averaging about 19 minutes a game prior. They don't get an asterisk because they chose to avoid the problems we present. It wasn't like the guy was out from a lingering high ankle sprain.
Yea this is what Terry said after the game, said he's fine but didn't want to play him back to back in a game he knew would be physical

Reaction Score
Props to Texas. They play hard. They play well. They're smart and have a good system. It's a well coached team of talented players. They deserve to be in the top 20 maybe higher.

They were missing key pieces. We were missing key pieces. It was a good well played college basketball game. I think we're better but we could see them again down the road.

Reaction Score
Texas needed a prayer to beat Louisville with their key player. They were lucky we didn’t jump the lead to past 20 a few times. That was the only mistake we made- took a few too many 3

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom