Texas AD Finally Speaks On Expansion -- *Alert Conspiracy Kitty* | The Boneyard

Texas AD Finally Speaks On Expansion -- *Alert Conspiracy Kitty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Texas AD Mike Perrin:

"I think the Big Ten is well positioned on television, well-positioned on the playoffs."

Perrin quickly corrected himself, saying he meant Big 12 instead of Big Ten.

"Texas has not moved," he added.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
funny-cat-pictures.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
"Great. Now I have to drive to Dallas and kick his ass. I really need to get an intern."

Reaction Score
Perrin said the hurdles of dissolving The Longhorn Network and forming a Big 12 network were much steeper than just the $15 million annually the school receives from ESPN.

“It’s my thought if there was any move, it would have to keep us whole,” Perrin said. “That includes a lot of intangible value on the academic side and the branding.

“I’m not equipped to value that assets but they are real.”

- See more at: Big 12: Red River Showdown changing television address

Reaction Score
This is the
Perrin said the hurdles of dissolving The Longhorn Network and forming a Big 12 network were much steeper than just the $15 million annually the school receives from ESPN.

“It’s my thought if there was any move, it would have to keep us whole,” Perrin said. “That includes a lot of intangible value on the academic side and the branding.

This is the thing that people keep glossing over when it comes to Texas and The LHN. Its not as simple as saying lets pay them whatever they earn from ESPN each year and everything will be equal. Right now they get that money plus an entire TV Channel that does nothing but stroke their ego 24/7/365. All schools operate in their own self interest to a degree, but most show the ability to work effectively within the framework of a conference. This includes sacrificing some of what you want for the good of the group. Has Texas ever proven a desire to do this?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Texas is very close to showing why no ACC or P12 team would ever want to join the B12, network or no network. Why would any team with an option join a conference where it is mandatory to genuflect to Texas before every action.

It is already a reason why the B1G will never have any interest in Texas.

Reaction Score

Negotiations bullsheep alert. Texas is looking for: make us whole plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members