Terry Larrier | The Boneyard

Terry Larrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

This kid has everything he needs talent wise to become a force. The only questions are his development. Can he develop a consistent outside shot? Can he play defense better? The sky is the limit. Age wise, he will begin his 3rd year post high school, and he will need to knock a lot of rust off, and he will need to figure out the way UConn plays defense, but he has all the ingredients to be a classic UConn SF. Not exactly like Stanley Robinson or Deandre Daniels or Rudy Gay, but a similar presence on the floor. I see him as possibly exceeding Robinson and Deandre's play on the floor. I really liked him out of high school, and I considered him the #1 target for that year, so I couldn't be happier that he transferred to UConn.

I'm a big fan of his game, but you can't expect him to show immediately. Probably on target to impact the second half of next season.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
What do we know about him at this point? Expectations for next year?
Keep them low. He has natural talent, but a low BBIQ and is very much a work in progress. He'll give some good minutes here and there, but he'll also have some utterly terrible performances that has the BY up in arms and demanding Ollie revoke his scholarship.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Keep them low. He has natural talent, but a low BBIQ and is very much a work in progress. He'll give some good minutes here and there, but he'll also have some utterly terrible performances that has the BY up in arms and demanding Ollie revoke his scholarship.
Not many players who we didn't want to revoke their scholarship.

Reaction Score

So he can definitely dunk with his right hand.

He is listed as 6-8, 185. Hopefully he will be bigger and stronger next year. And he had a year of college competition before the red shirt, so experience wise one would expect him to come around pretty fast. Like every UConn player, defense will be a major factor in getting minutes. The high bar would be he fills Shonn Miller's role and numbers. Shonn played at 220. Big dif. But if comes close to filling that role, he will be a very valuable piece.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It would be very nice if Larrier and Hamilton became interchangeable parts like Daniels and Giffey. Put them on separate wings, have them flash to the middle, put the ball on the floor, etc.

Larrier's becoming an immediate impact is huge for the team because it takes a ton of the pressure off of Hamilton as the only wing who can put the ball on the floor and it puts that pressure on the opposing team to defend both wings equally. Teams could entirely disregard the side of the floor away from Hamilton this year. Defenses could be unbalanced and not pay a price.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Capture8.PNG

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He's a chuck and ducker. Between him and DHAM next season, I expect to read a lot of colorful expletives on the game chat.

Reaction Score
OK, so we have a Ferrari, a Lambo, now we just need some good old fashioned American muscle in the middle, like a Mack truck.

Reaction Score

Based on his VCU game film (courtesy of tcf), he seems like an outstanding ball handler for his size, and has decent mechanics on his jump shot. Plays with a ton of energy, and looks like he has the ability to see the floor and pass, but not always the impulse. His freshman year, he tended to play way too fast at times, and shot selection is an issue. Both of those things should start to correct themselves with experience.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Sounds a bit like Purvis in that regard (not necessarily his game mind you). Purvis took a year playing to really acclimate. So this guys expectations should be low. Fortunately, Hamilton will take up a lot of the minutes/space where Larrier could have been used.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Is it possible for me to ban high school mixtapes or at least automatically ignore?

They are the worst as far as setting false expectations go.

Reaction Score
Like all the superstars who play here for the first time, I hope for the best, but expect much worse, with the knowledge that these are kids who aren't perfect. Keeps the level of disappointment low.

Reaction Score
It is pretty easy to see he's much more explosive athletically than DHam, they r different players but both handle pretty well for 3s. Finishes much stronger. DHam prob better passer. Really explosive guy for sure!

I think they will play together a lot.

Reaction Score
Hamilton rebounding and Purvis, Adams, Gilbert, or Larrier running the floor sounds like a transition dream though. I'm excited for that.

Reaction Score

Based on his VCU game film (courtesy of tcf), he seems like an outstanding ball handler for his size, and has decent mechanics on his jump shot. Plays with a ton of energy, and looks like he has the ability to see the floor and pass, but not always the impulse. His freshman year, he tended to play way too fast at times, and shot selection is an issue. Both of those things should start to correct themselves with experience.

Yeah I agree Ex based on this video which is a nice mix of what his strengths are and weaknesses. Settles a lot for 3's when it looks like he's got a nice quick step when he drives and also is long enough to finish. A nice thing I saw was he gets a rebound and is looking up to push but is sure to give it to the guard as soon as he can. Explosive when eyeing the rim, I like it. A lot of potential there hope his smarts are better than people think, but according to a couple things he does well including passing (interior too) there's more to like for me.

Reaction Score

He looks awesome to me. He was in like every highlight in that video!

Reaction Score
It is pretty easy to see he's much more explosive athletically than DHam, they r different players but both handle pretty well for 3s. Finishes much stronger. DHam prob better passer. Really explosive guy for sure!

I think they will play together a lot.
I feel like Dham has some hidden good athleticism though. I'm not sure if anyone else saw but on the dunk he had against Colorado his head was pretty darn close to the rim.

Reaction Score
Plays with a ton of energy, and looks like he has the ability to see the floor and pass, but not always the impulse. His freshman year, he tended to play way too fast at times, and shot selection is an issue.
True, but he played in Havoc, and so those were the sorts of things expected of him.

Reaction Score
Looks quick but can he help our rebounding at all especially on the offensive boards where we are currently non-existent? Also I can't get behind guys wearing long johns to play basketball. I work outside and never wear long johns. WTF is up with that?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
he is long athlete with some skill and will fit the running that UConn does. He needs to work on his half court game and get stronger which I think can happen.

He needs the weight room as do a number of basketball players

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Im excited for Larrier. Hes been practicing with the team and working with them, which can only be a good thing. Yes, Hot Rod took some time to get back into the playing swing, but Terry might be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom