Terrific Adamec article on Bent and First Night | The Boneyard

Terrific Adamec article on Bent and First Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
She sounds like a great kid.

Interesting tidbit there on UCONN and South Carolina working to continue the series. Good for WCBB and great exposure for SC.

Reaction Score
"The coolest thing was going to Coach (Geno) Auriemma’s house on Saturday night and they passed out the national championship rings to the players. Then he gave everyone else blow-pop rings. It just motivates you to get one of those championship rings.

upload_2015-10-24_21-9-46.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“I noticed that in every drill they do, they have to think. It’s not like, ‘Pass here, pass here, shoot.’ They have decisions to make and they have options. Being able to read the game is very important to them and I enjoyed watching the whole team have to do that.”

Reminds me of the recent DT telling Geno he couldn't coach the Nat'l Team like UConn: tell them where exactly to go, where to go next and what to do, then give it a name! Too funny.

Reaction Score

Interesting tidbit there on UCONN and South Carolina working to continue the series. Good for WCBB and great exposure for SC.

Absolutely. Hope they get it done. Really respect those teams that realize that in order to be great you have to play the greatest and embrace the challenge as opposed to those that run away from it.

Another interesting bit from that article. UConn is # 1 and SC is arguably the # 2 team in the country. I wonder if there is another instance where two players in the same class, on the same high school team committed to the top 2 teams in the country?

Reaction Score

Interesting that SC's recruitment class for next year doesn't appear in HoopGurlz's top 20. Nothing in the pipe-line? Was last year a one-off?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Interesting that SC's recruitment class for next year doesn't appear in HoopGurlz's top 20. Nothing in the pipe-line? Was last year a one-off?

lol, I'll bite.

Our 2014 class of Wilson, White, Cuevas and Duckett (Cliney redshirted) was ranked #2 and can now probably be #1 since the class that was #1 (UCLA) had defections. With that class, SC had a stacked roster. The following year, we had one commit from a guard, Shay Colley. We made the top 5 for several elite kids but they didn't want to commit. Well, Gray and Davis, two top 10/15 kids from their class transferred to SC.. again, stacking the roster. It's still early for 2016, we currently have 1 commit from a 5 star guard. We lose 4 guards and 1 post after this season so there's plenty of space at SC. I doubt we'll just bring in that one guard..

We may not end up with a top 5 class (if Cox doesn't commit, neither will UCONN) but I feel safe assuming that we'll be top 20 if we can get 2 or 3 more players..

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Once recruiting classes matriculate are not rankings frozen? SCGamecock suggests they continue to be ranked/adjusted through their college years; sounds weird to me - never heard of it before.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“I noticed that in every drill they do, they have to think. It’s not like, ‘Pass here, pass here, shoot.’ They have decisions to make and they have options. Being able to read the game is very important to them and I enjoyed watching the whole team have to do that.”

Reminds me of the recent DT telling Geno he couldn't coach the Nat'l Team like UConn: tell them where exactly to go, where to go next and what to do, then give it a name! Too funny.
Kind of related, I was rewatching Di's Grantland interview. When she decides that she doesn't want to play anymore, she'd be a great TV personality. Funny, knowledgeable and charismatic, she'd be great doing WCBB, MCBB, WNBA or NBA. I see her doing that more than coaching.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Kind of related, I was rewatching Di's Grantland interview. When she decides that she doesn't want to play anymore, she'd be a great TV personality. Funny, knowledgeable and charismatic, she'd be great doing WCBB, MCBB, WNBA or NBA. I see her doing that more than coaching.

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc