TERRIBLE call by P | The Boneyard

TERRIBLE call by P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can someone please try and provide some rationale as to why at the end of the first half when Michigan was content on running the clock out and punting on 4th down (don't recall if they woulda been able to run the clock all the way down or not but it was close) did we call time out so that we could take a knee? There was absolutely no upside to us calling a time out and fielding a punt inside our 10 with a freshman (does he realize that we don't have Devon Hester or Trindon Holliday back there). Was one of the worst calls I've seen (and P has a lot of bad calls) that almost let Michigan go into halftime tied.
On a side note, this season is over and we are not making a bowl game so let's give some young guys an opportunity to play. I know people on this board are concerned about wasting a redshift on Boyle, but I say give him a shot or les see what Kivon Taylor can do as I don't believe we will win many games with Witmer as he makes way I many bad decisions (always throws into triple coverage). I actually think we are better off with Kivon Taylor, he is taller and a good athlete so he can make plays with his legs or use his legs to give himself more tim (since our line isn't the greatest).

Reaction Score
I agree about giving Kivon a shot . Since he is so mobil he could, hopefully, not get sacked multiple times, especially with our O line. Seems as though he has a good arm.

Reaction Score
Can someone please try and provide some rationale as to why at the end of the first half when Michigan was content on running the clock out and punting on 4th down (don't recall if they woulda been able to run the clock all the way down or not but it was close) did we call time out so that we could take a knee? There was absolutely no upside to us calling a time out and fielding a punt inside our 10 with a freshman (does he realize that we don't have Devon Hester or Trindon Holliday back there). Was one of the worst calls I've seen (and P has a lot of bad calls) that almost let Michigan go into halftime tied.
On a side note, this season is over and we are not making a bowl game so let's give some young guys an opportunity to play. I know people on this board are concerned about wasting a redshift on Boyle, but I say give him a shot or les see what Kivon Taylor can do as I don't believe we will win many games with Witmer as he makes way I many bad decisions (always throws into triple coverage). I actually think we are better off with Kivon Taylor, he is taller and a good athlete so he can make plays with his legs or use his legs to give himself more tim (since our line isn't the greatest).

The season is over? At 0-3, before we start conference play?

I'm assuming this is a joke, to see how pessimistic and betrayed someone has to be before I get on the optimistic side of them?

Reaction Score
You know, I kind of liked that call. Obviously not with 20/20 hindsight. But at the time I applauded the aggressiveness.

A MUCH worse call (probably by TJ) was the pass to Lyle M in tha flat just before the attempted field goal. That moved the ball from the center of the field to the far side hash mark with a more difficult angle.

Reaction Score
it was a way to kill momentum before the end of the half. if they were losing i could see it but winning no way.

Reaction Score
You know, I kind of liked that call. Obviously not with 20/20 hindsight. But at the time I applauded the aggressiveness.

A MUCH worse call (probably by TJ) was the pass to Lyle M in tha flat just before the attempted field goal. That moved the ball from the center of the field to the far side hash mark with a more difficult angle.

Max up the middle would have been a great call there. And then not putting Derek Jeter on the scoreboard as Chad lined up.

Reaction Score
The season is over? At 0-3, before we start conference play?

I'm assuming this is a joke, to see how pessimistic and betrayed someone has to be before I get on the optimistic side of them?

I don't know biz law. You're "Section 241" was the most negative I've read in a while. I look to yours for great analysis and usually morale boosting perspective. I understood your point of "event" vs playing for something. But coming from you, I have to admit your pessimism intended or not took a little air out of the little hope and excitement I had following that game. We know PP can't coach and needs to go, but I was really looking forward to your piece and thought you would focus on what that night showed potential wise, but I was left the same feeling reading your piece that you maybe felt reading the above. Don't go all lawyer on me dissecting your comments word for word asking where your pessimism was. It was more a general let down I felt after reading your piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom