Terrence Samuel? | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Why is he not playing at all? He's give us a spark off the bench last few game and gave us productive minutes last night.

Omar is a turnover machine, a defensive liability and can't make a shot. Samuel should be getting all his minutes.

It's meaningless now but curious why Ollie didn't give him any minutes.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Totally agree.

I can get why he'd go to Omar first. But once they were getting steamrolled in the first few minutes of the second-half, maybe? Maybe try something else?

Reaction Score
Why is he not playing at all? He's give us a spark off the bench last few game and gave us productive minutes last night.

Omar is a turnover machine, a defensive liability and can't make a shot. Samuel should be getting all his minutes.

I assume you didn't see the few minutes TS played in the first half. Looked like a deer in the headlights.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Samuel seems to struggle with the double team from what I've seen. He has a tendency to try to dribble through it. Emphasis on try.

Reaction Score
Samuel kept on getting trapped and losing the ball, he doesnt have the confidence or handle against elite teams like Louisville

Reaction Score
Samuel's handle is way too janky to deal with the kind of pressure D Louisville plays, he got the ball taken away from him by Hancock, what do you think Smith, Jones, and Rozier would do to him??

Reaction Score
Samuel seems to struggle with the double team from what I've seen. He has a tendency to try to dribble through it. Emphasis on try.
I agree, but I give him a pass somewhat because Louisville's strategy on double teams is basically just hack you and live with the percentage of time it actually gets called a foul.

Reaction Score
Samuel isn't athletic enough against a pressure team like Louisville. He can be a fine role player for us in the future but he'll never be a star and that is ok. If he develops he can be more than a role player.
This constant screaming for players on the bench to replace players in the game is idiotic. Somebody must be a moron: either it is your coach with 13 years of NBA experience or some all backyard Boneyarder.

Reaction Score
Samuel had 1 TO and was yanked. After that, Omar and LK had about 4 in the next 5 minutes. Not to mention the terrible shots Boat was throwing up.

TS should have been yanked, coached on the bench, and brought back in as a replacement. Everyone on this team made terrible mistakes today.

I thought the rotation was bad today. Of course...everything was bad today.

Reaction Score
I think Samuel will be a solid player for this team over the next three years but he doesn't yet have the ability to account for all 5 defenders, he gets in trouble with a swarming team like Louisville.

Reaction Score
They smelled Samuel's freshman blood, like a shark to bloody chum and they feasted. No fault of his, just was easy 'pick-ins' for Ville.

Reaction Score
Yes in both the cincy and Louisville game he has looked bad against pressure. Dribbles too much against the double teams.

Reaction Score
This constant screaming for players on the bench to replace players in the game is idiotic. Somebody must be a moron: either it is your coach with 13 years of NBA experience or some all backyard Boneyarder.

I didn't say he was Chris Paul or to give him 20 minutes tonight, or the reason we lost. I understand you lack reading comprehension, so let me help you out. My original post was questioning why Samuel didn't get Omar's minutes.
People point out his poor handle under pressure. I understand Samuel can struggle with his handle against their zone press, but no more so then Omar who simply can't dribble. I'd rather have Samuel on the floor when Giff was in foul trouble because hes a better defender and absolutely has a better handle then Omar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom