Terrence Samuel? | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel?

Reaction Score
So do we know why Samuel transferred after his freshman year during the National Championship season? I've done a cursory search and could never come up with a credible answer.

Reaction Score
No conspiracy here. He just wasn't good enough to be any more than a 8th-10th man for us, and he wanted more PT.
Lol some pretty sloppy research by the original question if we're being honest, he left after 2015 and if you really want the answer, just look at the game logs ... granted he's never gonna be a bigtime scorer but you'll see lots of 0's, and 2's in Feb/Mar..

Reaction Score
He transferred because he knew he wasn't going to get a lot of playing time. I talked to him when he later decided to transfer from Penn State. I told him "you should come back" and he replied "I wish." He really liked UConn and still is a fan today

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I liked the guy, he helped the team. I guess he wasn't quite good enough for extended run.
Yeah post 2011 and 2014 was kind of weird for guys who were very key role players young.

Reaction Score
He was like the Phil Nolan of point guards. He had some important moments, but was never going to be a star.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Is he ok? This seems random.. I only clicked on thread to make sure something unexpected did not happen with him or his family.

Reaction Score
So do we know why Samuel transferred after his freshman year during the National Championship season? I've done a cursory search and could never come up with a credible answer.

He didn’t. He transferred after the 2015 season, when he couldn’t get regular time after showing he couldn’t hit a shot beyond 4 feet. Fine for a bit role (<10 min per game) but his weaknesses were exposed in extended play. He didn’t see a path to more playing time.

Reaction Score
For a guy who wasn’t highly recruited. He stepped up big time in some huge moments as a freshman.
Some say it was because no one bothered to scout him that season. But you're right - he was a relatively anonymous recruit who was probably better suited to an NEC type league that just happened to play the best ball of his life on the exact right team, at the exact right time. You could simulate his career 10,000 times and not come close to striking oil like that again. That's what makes the sport great.

Reaction Score
He transferred after his sophomore . When we picked up a combo guard transfer and landed Jaylin Adams .
I believe he thought he was going to be that 1 PG in the footsteps of Kemba and Bazz .
In retrospect not talking him into staying was one of those details that came back to bite us .He could run a team but was a poor shooter Teams sagged on him a took away his slashing .
2015-16 we could have move Gibbs over to the two earlier and mentored Jalen . The next year we could have played JA at the two more rather than have the ball all 40 minutes . Its the Lack of attention detail and to keeping guys happy that in did in that regime .

Reaction Score
He transferred after his sophomore . When we picked up a combo guard transfer and landed Jaylin Adams .
I believe he thought he was going to be that 1 PG in the footsteps of Kemba and Bazz .
In retrospect not talking him into staying was one of those details that came back to bite us .He could run a team but was a poor shooter Teams sagged on him a took away his slashing .
2015-16 we could have move Gibbs over to the two earlier and mentored Jalen . The next year we could have played JA at the two more rather than have the ball all 40 minutes . Its the Lack of attention detail and to keeping guys happy that in did in that regime .
Thanks.

Reaction Score
I asked the question because I came across the 2014 "One Shining Moment" and wondered what happened to him. I'm in Ohio and don't subscribe to CT papers. I knew I could get the answer here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom