Tennessee? | The Boneyard

Tennessee?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
They've looked pretty good running the gauntlet of St. Louis and Toledo... Are we convinced? I know, Geno would say you go where they tell to go and play whatever other team shows up. Meanwhile, FGCU is taking haymakers from Villanova and fighting back.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
You play the games you have. A few years ago getting to the S16 was hard. This is now back ro back trips to the S16.

Reaction Score
You play the games you have. A few years ago getting to the S16 was hard. This is now back ro back trips to the S16.
If Tamari Key were healthy, I would favor Tennessee over VA Tech to be honest. Without Key, I’m not sure who can guard Kitley however.

Reaction Score
Not gonna lie. I was pretty skeptical of Tennessee with 10 defeats (and they were still getting votes to be ranked in the top 25) and the whole talk of them being a 4 or 5 seed going into the NCAA tournament. I was skeptical. These two blowout games against St Louis and Toledo, the Lady Vols looked like we expected them to look at the start of the season. I am very impressed. Now they get a rematch against Virginia Tech. Should be a good one.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If Tamari Key were healthy, I would favor Tennessee over VA Tech to be honest. Without Key, I’m not sure who can guard Kitley however.
I actually think Tennessee takes this based on how they've been playing. Kitley will be a tough assignment (though I think Hollingshead can do a decent job), but on the flip side, Tennessee was without Rickea Jackson the first matchup and she's played like an All American the second half of the season. The first game was a 3 point VaTech win, though the game was in Knoxville. I think it'll be a great game. Hope both teams bring their best stuff.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I also think Tennessee takes down VT. The Hokies pulled out a close win without the Lady Vols having Rickea Jackson. She is their leading scorer and I’m not sure VT has anyone to guard her.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I have the Lady Vols meeting UConn for the right to get to the Final Four. They got a huge advantage when Toledo beat Iowa St. Toledo was completely over matched. I thought Lady Vols would also beat Iowa St. However Joens for Iowa St could have made the game interesting. At least a better game then what Toledo gave the Lady Vols.

Reaction Score
I actually think Tennessee takes this based on how they've been playing. Kitley will be a tough assignment (though I think Hollingshead can do a decent job), but on the flip side, Tennessee was without Rickea Jackson the first matchup and she's played like an All American the second half of the season. The first game was a 3 point VaTech win, though the game was in Knoxville. I think it'll be a great game. Hope both teams bring their best stuff.
This game could go either way. Yes Jackson was absent, but players like Soule and Gregg weren't playing how they are currently either. They could help alleviate the focus on Kitley. Like you, I hope they bring their best stuff.

Reaction Score
I thought the Lady Vols looked great in their win over LSU in the SEC tournament. One of my friends is a big LV fan. I remember telling her that it was a possibility they could meet UConn in the E8. They both have to take care of the next round, however.

Reaction Score
They were much better in the SEC tourney than the regular season. I think they’ll beat VT.

Reaction Score
The question around Tennessee early was team chemistry.

The question at this stage has returned to that of the past several years: turnovers.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I had said this on another thread but playing the hard OOC actually has helped the LVs quite a lot. I also stated that I think Jordan Horston deserved stronger All-American Consideration than she received. To me, and yes I know I am about to start a war, I think Jordan deserved more consideration than Cooke or Van Lith. Jordan's stats blow both Zia and Hailey's away 17.6 to 12.6 and 10.8. Unlike Boston's stats which were severely limited due to much lower minutes, Zia is very comparable to Jordan yet doesn't perform as well.

WCBB Player comp2.PNG

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom