Tennessee | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not quite concerned with TN yet. Harper at Missouri State during her Sweet 16 run started 1-7. Her teams have been noted to be slow out of the gate. TN was close to losing their opener last year, and then played horrible the next few games before finally beating Texas.

Now if this trend continues then I’ll get worried but I’d like see 6-8 games before they should hit the panic button. OSU game awful, but rather that happen in November than March.

Looking forward to seeing some improvement tonight. Big question is the health of Horston. Similar to Burrell last year

Reaction Score
LVs just didnt look good..... where is the chemistry and where is their hustle

they were preseason #5 and just havent shown close to that level

Reaction Score
LVs just didnt look good..... where is the chemistry and where is their hustle

they were preseason #5 and just havent shown close to that level

Where is their offensive plays?? Pretty much dribble dribble dribble… shoot

Reaction Score
Inmates running the asylum. You can’t have a “friend” coach. Once they figured out Harper doesn’t know what she is doing and there are no repercussion for bad play, this is what you get.
Anyone know what other coaches actually interviewed for the job?

Reaction Score
Getting out worked on the boards was a surprise

It shouldn't be. Indiana has been a decent, if not good rebounding team from what I've seen.

I could be wrong but didn't Tennessee have the same issue when they lost to Michigan and Louisville in the last 2 NCAA tournaments? I don't know why they struggle but it does happen.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tennessee board is like... if you could replace "eating popcorn" with "eating their own"...

1668478514490.gif

Reaction Score
Well, that was a very short stay at preseason #5 for the Lady Vols

Reaction Score
Well, that was a very short stay at preseason #5 for the Lady Vols
And they aren't getting anywhere close to that again, unless they can beat VT and at least two of Texas/Stanford/UConn/SC.

I'm not looking forward to Stanford and UConn raining threes on this porous LV defense, SC killing them on the boards, and Texas turning them over ad nauseum...

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I just love Grace Berger and Mackenzie Holmes. This isn't specific to the Tennessee game, but it doesn't hurt that Indiana just defeated them. The game went about as I'd expected. I think Indiana and Ohio State should be ranked above Iowa.

Reaction Score
And they aren't getting anywhere close to that again, unless they can beat VT and at least two of Texas/Stanford/UConn/SC.

I'm not looking forward to Stanford and UConn raining threes on this porous LV defense, SC killing them on the boards, and Texas turning them over ad nauseum...
An injured animal can be the most dangerous. This TN team is starting to remind me of the KY team from last year. Started slow and then when the tournaments started surprised a lot of folks. I didn't see the game yet. Looked at the box score and saw Keys with just 3 rebounds. And Walker with 28 minutes and 1 point.

Reaction Score
An injured animal can be the most dangerous. This TN team is starting to remind me of the KY team from last year. Started slow and then when the tournaments started surprised a lot of folks. I didn't see the game yet. Looked at the box score and saw Keys with just 3 rebounds. And Walker with 28 minutes and 1 point.
They will be better when Horston comes back, but there big problems when her, Jackson and Powell are on the court at the same time. They don't have chemistry playing together.

Kentucky also had Rhyne Howard last year, and she's way better than any of the Tennessee players. You have someone like her on the court, and you will always stay in the game. At least the rest of her teammates weren't fighting her for control of the ball; they knew their roles. That's what Tennessee needs to do. Jackson and Powell need to step back and let the offense run through Horston once she's back...warts and all.

Reaction Score
Berger is a great, complete player on both ends of the court.
Indiana is a very good team. They really did add some nice pieces from the portal that blended nicely with that team

TN needs Horston back but they look like a group of individuals and not a team at this point. I don’t think Harper helps herself with her rotations, that hasn’t made much sense to me. I think she subs too liberally and some of the lineups clearly don’t mesh well

Reaction Score
They also want to ban Key’s eyelashes and rolled up shorts until they play better.
Key seems very pedestrian and disinterested..... she has good spurts but overall is a spectator....

Kelli is a step up from Holly, yet not seemingly what TN needs. Indiana tonight looked poised, well coached and hard working

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The contrast of a disciplined IN team and the 1-1 TN team was remarkable in the 2nd half of the 4th Q

Commentators could not believe TN playing zone down so much and needing to force TO's

Reaction Score
Vols have a lot of improving to do for me to think they can make it to the Sweet 16. Good news for the Vols is there is plenty of time.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Key seems very pedestrian and disinterested..... she has good spurts but overall is a spectator....

Kelli is a step up from Holly, yet not seemingly what TN needs. Indiana tonight looked poised, well coached and hard working
Perhaps in coaching, but Holly's recruiting was light years better than Kelli's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom