Tennessee Postgame thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Tennessee Postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Oldude = faulty memory :(
Fudd took a shot late in the Creighton game and in the game today when UConn probably should have been running some clock. She hit both shots but, if she does that in a tighter game and misses, that could cause UConn a win. Time and score. However, it was fun to watch because she looked so confident when she shot it.

sun

Reaction Score
My favorite bucket of the game was E's shot that circled the rim a few times before sinking in, and left everyone in suspense for a second.

Has anyone posted a website that the game can be rewatched?
MJL243 has posted today's game and will post all of the rest too, subscribe to his youtube channel.

Last edited:

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
1. My walk of shame... As recently as a couple weeks ago, I was pretty critical of Nika's game and wishing she didn't have to play so many minutes. Since then, she's cut down on the silly circus passes and bad fouls and raised her shooting to 'good enough'. I'm happy to be proven wrong. We've been fortunate to have her get us through these rough times. She's still going to get squeezed when everyone is back, but she is a nice piece to have on the bench.
2. With Key tied to the rim, it was not a slashers game, but CW found ways to contribute and didn't shoot us out of it. Saddens me to see all these 'disappeared' comments.
3. It was cool that Nika and CW keyed that run to start the 2nd half.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Azzi announced her arrival today. :D:D

She has shown what she can do in spurts, but Today she was MONEY. Just imagine how this team will play as the season continues and when #5 joins the mix. Opposition Coaches are going to have to have some challenges in their game planning.

GO HUSKIES!!!
It was just a matter of time. She would have had this game (a breakout) earlier in the season if not for the injury set back. No doubt Azzi feels better about things now, She knows she can play at this level with the other players on the team.

With Caroline out today, someone had to step up and fill the scoring void. She knows the team and the staff trust and believe in her now. Her first start today, and she goes off. I wonder if Geno will start her Wednesday against Villanova?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Why you have yours written up by tip-off, you just don't post it until the final buzzer.;)
Eric and Oldude start writing their thoughts 4-5 minutes into the 4th quarter. I always go there (from the chatroom) right after the game, and they have already posted them.

Reaction Score
Really like the rotation of ONO, Dorka and AE today. All three played well and anchored the paint. Everyone will remember Azzi shooting in this game but should also pay attention to Azzi the playmaker. She really made some nice plays by passing the basketball. Evina played a very good game her second in a row and seems to have accepted her 6th man role for this team.
Agreed
Happy for Evina
She is a Husky through and through
She played tough

Reaction Score
Seemed like more shots rolled in than rolled out tiday

AE with a willnet Crockett game

Horston could make 2nd or 3rd team AA. She carried the team.

Muhl one of her best games 3-4 incl 2-2 on 3, 5/1 A/TO, 1 steal 1 block

Muhl AE Fudd may have had their best games of the year.

Reaction Score
1. My walk of shame... As recently as a couple weeks ago, I was pretty critical of Nika's game and wishing she didn't have to play so many minutes. Since then, she's cut down on the silly circus passes and bad fouls and raised her shooting to 'good enough'. I'm happy to be proven wrong. We've been fortunate to have her get us through these rough times. She's still going to get squeezed when everyone is back, but she is a nice piece to have on the bench.
2. With Key tied to the rim, it was not a slashers game, but CW found ways to contribute and didn't shoot us out of it. Saddens me to see all these 'disappeared' comments.
3. It was cool that Nika and CW keyed that run to start the 2nd half.
Sorry, all due respect, you still don’t understand the value and importance of Nika. A basketball TEAM is about chemistry and cohesiveness. She could be the glue.
She may be even more valuable when everybody comes back. Scoring is a part of the game. She checks the intangible boxes.
Tangible boxes too. Rebounding. Out of this world. She doesn’t outlet pass, she takes it up the court and facilitates. She’s a stone wall out there. IMO she manhandled Tennessee’s point. She needs to be on the court. They’ll have 3 players that can score 20 any given night- , CW, and CD and E.
On really good teams, the best 5 on the floor is never the 5 best scorers. Like a really good stew, takes different ingredients to attain perfection.

Reaction Score
I enjoyed the Fox Sports coverage of the game. Kim Adams was well informed about both teams & she provided smart analysis without bombarding us with irrelevant stats or meaningless stories. Kim & Kevin Kugler stayed focused on the game despite the lopsided score.
I rarely watch replays and even more watch a game, any sport, with the announcing not muted. I did both last night and I agree with you 100%, great job by both.

Reaction Score
One more comment on the game. When UConn was putting the game away in the 4th quarter, there was a transition play when I believe Evina fired a pass ahead to Azzi, who had run the court and was all by herself, behind the arc, on the left wing. As soon as Azzi caught the ball and squared up to shoot, the crowd began to emit a cheer, which built to a loud crescendo as Azzi knocked down her 7th and last 3 of the game. If that didn’t pump you up, nothing will.
Actually, it was passed forward to Muhl who instead of going in for an uncontested layup fed a wide open Fudd, who drilled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom