Tennessee Lady Vols | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tennessee Lady Vols

Reaction Score
Darby is way too slow… I get she can be nice from 3 but I’m not seeing it

Reaction Score
Still? I figured that she would be back out there. That injury must be pretty serious.
I didn't even know she was hurt. I'm not in full wcbb mode yet. Leaves still falling here and cutting into my leisure hours. lol

Reaction Score
Sorry if I missed it, is it known what her injury is? Hate to see one of the best players in WCBB not fully healthy.

Reaction Score
Highly recommend any Candace Parker fans watch her ESPN documentary, Unapologetic. I really enjoyed it.
We are on a UConn board so I don't expect numerous platitudes but I've never understood the vitriol Parker has received from some of the basketball community and fans over the years. Why anyone has acted as though she wasn't one of the game's premier players during her peak was laughable to me. I can admit sometimes her effort and attitude weren't A+ but her moments of excellence and greatness were far more common. I think her injuries impacted some of her abilities as well but it was plain to see at UT she was one of the most gifted players out there. And yes, I will always believe her not being on the 2016 Olympic team was a snub. I doubt it was only Geno who made the decision but he wasn't out of the loop on it either.

Her personal life took some turns that may not have been foreseen but not unheard of either. Candace seems to have been in a good place for several years now and her personal happiness is evident in her demeanor during her TV appearances.

I'd love to see her play one final year to close the book on the career but if she doesn't that's fine too. I've enjoyed her career tremendously.

Reaction Score
We are on a UConn board so I don't expect numerous platitudes but I've never understood the vitriol Parker has received from some of the basketball community and fans over the years. Why anyone has acted as though she wasn't one of the game's premier players during her peak was laughable to me. I can admit sometimes her effort and attitude weren't A+ but her moments of excellence and greatness were far more common. I think her injuries impacted some of her abilities as well but it was plain to see at UT she was one of the most gifted players out there. And yes, I will always believe her not being on the 2016 Olympic team was a snub. I doubt it was only Geno who made the decision but he wasn't out of the loop on it either.

Her personal life took some turns that may not have been foreseen but not unheard of either. Candace seems to have been in a good place for several years now and her personal happiness is evident in her demeanor during her TV appearances.

I'd love to see her play one final year to close the book on the career but if she doesn't that's fine too. I've enjoyed her career tremendously.
Candace‘s absence from the 2016 Olympic team doesn’t necessarily mean she was snubbed. And although that’s a possibility, there could’ve been many other factors that contributed to her not being selected. Now, I don’t know the reasons, and I’ll assume you don’t either, unless you’re a member of the Selection Committee. But why blame Geno? On multiple occasions he’s stated that he had nothing to do with that decision, but he’s still being blamed for the Committe’s action.

Reaction Score
Candace‘s absence from the 2016 Olympic team doesn’t necessarily mean she was snubbed. And although that’s a possibility, there could’ve been many other factors that contributed to her not being selected. Now, I don’t know the reasons, and I’ll assume you don’t either, unless you’re a member of the Selection Committee. But why blame Geno? On multiple occasions he’s stated that he had nothing to do with that decision, but he’s still being blamed for the Committe’s action.
Someone not being picked doesn't mean they were snubbed exactly but when the team was announced Parker was one of the best players in the game and had been already featured in some promos for the Olympics. NBC jumped the gun of course but her absence from the roster came as a surprise to many given her status as a player.

My original post said I doubt it was only Geno that made that decision but I believe he wasn't out of the loop on it either. To clarify a bit more: I don't think Geno at any point said point blank he didn't want Parker on the team but I suspect he wasn't clueless as to the committees actions and decision. I don't "blame" Geno for Parker not being chosen but to pretend he had zero to do with the selection process, even on an informal basis, seems disingenuous no matter what USA basketball or he had to say about it at the time.

These are just my thoughts, opinions and feelings. It doesn't mean I'm right. We've all been on the job hunt before and been rejected or disqualified for various reasons even if we are qualified. The depth of USA basketball talent means great players will be left out and in 2016 Candace was one of those. I believe she should have been on the team but she wasn't and the USA won Gold so her absence didn't affect the outcome.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Back on topic, the Lady Vols had a high profile game against Indiana in Fort Myers and lost by 14 in a a game that wasn‘t really in question after the 1st quarter. Without Rickey Jackson, Tenn offense struggles and the team looks disjointed. KHJ has to find other support or this could be a long season.

Reaction Score
I feel pretty good about it. There was definitely some good stuff. Yes some things need to be better. It's the first game of the season. One thing I have liked watching is how much better Wynn is playing. She may be the most improved player on the team. Spear made an impact. I expected her too. I only wish Cooper was playing this year.
You think Cooper is ready to make some kind of big impact this year? I’ve got news for you, her game is still rough around the edges. She is a great athlete, but I watched every minute of her PT at SC last season, and she reminded me of Saniya Rivers in her freshman year, in other words raw.

Reaction Score
If Rickea can't come back, or can't come back to top form, it doesn't look good for Tennessee this season.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
You think Cooper is ready to make some kind of big impact this year? I’ve got news for you, her game is still rough around the edges. She is a great athlete, but I watched every minute of her PT at SC last season, and she reminded me of Saniya Rivers in her freshman year, in other words raw.
She won't play this year.

Reaction Score
One of the reasons I'm shocked Fulwiley can Carolina give any quality minutes early is the general state of HS coaching in South Carolina. Many if not most SCHSL teams (girls and boys) receive rec league level coaching.

Reaction Score
I think Cooper will be solid but she is pretty raw at least from watching her play previously. Maybe she has a glow up like Saniya at nc st but I think it’ll be a couple seasons before we see that type of transformation

Reaction Score
I think Cooper will be solid but she is pretty raw at least from watching her play previously. Maybe she has a glow up like Saniya at nc st but I think it’ll be a couple seasons before we see that type of transformation
Saniya played more minutes in her freshman season. Despite her shooting percentage, it was obvious that she could develop into a good player because her athleticism just jumped off the page and you could tell she had a good basketball IQ. I never got that same impression with Cooper. Gamecock nation was way more sad to see Rivers go. I have no doubt that Cooper can develop into a solid player but I don't ever see her becoming a go-to player on offense like what has happened with Rivers at NC State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom