Tennessee Lady Vols | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tennessee Lady Vols

Reaction Score
Yes I think the team should win easily tonight. I would like to see improvement on the defensive end. Coach Harper said rebounding was a concern before the exhibition games. The team did out rebound team USA by one. Get everyone some playing time and most importantly no injuries.
So how did you feel about their game last night? I didn't watch the whole thing but after a close-ish Q1 they were looking pretty smooth.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I feel pretty good about it. There was definitely some good stuff. Yes some things need to be better. It's the first game of the season. One thing I have liked watching is how much better Wynn is playing. She may be the most improved player on the team. Spear made a impact. I expected her too. I only wish Cooper was playing this year.

Reaction Score
Spear is gonna be huge for you guys.

Good luck with the rest of the season!

Reaction Score
I need an explanation to the substitution pattern for Tennessee

Reaction Score
Let me state the obvious, but I really believe that poor coaching is the biggest thing holding the LV back. Harper always looks lost when they start to get behind.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
What a game. Amazing effort by Jackson. that's why she is one of the very best players in the country. A lot to take away from this game. I knew this would not be a easy game, Still very early in the season.

Reaction Score
Let me state the obvious, but I really believe that poor coaching is the biggest thing holding the LV back. Harper always looks lost when they start to get behind.
I think LVs also need more athletic players in general and be better conditioned

Reaction Score
What a game. Amazing effort by Jackson. that's why she is one of the very best players in the country. A lot to take away from this game. I knew this would not be a easy game, Still very early in the season.
Tough game and loss. The Lady Vols played hard. Jackson is going to be one heck of player at the pro level. OMG!! She is good.

Reaction Score
Huge fan of Puckett and Darby. Those two got some game in them. They shot the ball well tonight. I will have to watch the first half of the game.

Reaction Score
I think LVs also need more athletic players in general and be better conditioned
Better conditioning is a coaching issue.

Going zone in the last few minutes against a team with a hot hand from 3 pt range is a questionable coaching decision.

Why have a leftover timeout in a one point loss? Looked like she just left them on the floor at the end to keep doing what they had when there were 30 minted left

I have laughed about the Vol fans who blame Kelly for every loss (because they can’t realize that they don’t have THAT much talent), but tonight made me question her game time coaching too.

All those rebounds nullified by all those turnovers!

Reaction Score
Better conditioning is a coaching issue.

Going zone in the last few minutes against a team with a hot hand from 3 pt range is a questionable coaching decision.

Why have a leftover timeout in a one point loss? Looked like she just left them on the floor at the end to keep doing what they had when there were 30 minted left

I have laughed about the Vol fans who blame Kelly for every loss (because they can’t realize that they don’t have THAT much talent), but tonight made me question her game time coaching too.

All those rebounds nullified by all those turnovers!
There were 24 seconds left in the game when Tennessee took out the ball for the last shot.
They called the play for Jackson, which is what would have happened with or without a timeout.
Not calling a timeout prevented the Florida St coach from devising a defense to play against Jackson. A player they knew was going to take the last
shot.

Reaction Score
Horston's size and athleticism will be missed. They seem to have taken a major downsize in that area. I agree that they look less athletic at guard than what I was expecting. I think Tennessee will have trouble defending good guard play this season. A healthy Key will definitely help but Tennessee does not look as good as I thought they would. I have a feeling these high scoring games will be the norm for their season.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee has a elite defensive player Boyd coming next year. As far as this year. It's still very early.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Tennessee has a elite—at the high school level—defensive player Boyd coming next year. As far as this year. It's still very early.
There, fixed it for you.:cool:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Honestly, in watching that game, Tennessee should have won that going away. I am not saying that FSU is not good, but Tennessee is supposed to be a top 3 team in the SEC, has an AA candidate and has an experienced team so while VolNation is a bit extreme on their negativity and while KJH has been better than Holly, it is still a "long way" from being a perennial power in the WCBB annals. I am of the belief that Kelli is not the answer to bring them back to real relevance.

On the bright side, they did score 91 points and when was the last time that happened against a P5 team?

Reaction Score
Horston's size and athleticism will be missed. They seem to have taken a major downsize in that area. I agree that they look less athletic at guard than what I was expecting. I think Tennessee will have trouble defending good guard play this season. A healthy Key will definitely help but Tennessee does not look as good as I thought they would. I have a feeling these high scoring games will be the norm for their season.
Horston was a beast.

It’s still early in the season for any team to hit the panic button but TN much like a few other teams I’ve seen have to get way better defensively. Granted with the exception of Horston most of this roster came back from last year and played in the system for a whilec

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Any word on Jackson's injury? I hope it's not serious. She seems primed to have a massive senior season.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
She was in shoot around yesterday. So I don't think it's anything serious. Good to let her rest it a bit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom